Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kensei vs Baraggan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensei vs Baraggan

Well probably a mismatch, but I'm just wondering whether wind can age.

Kensei's Zanpakuto is Tachikaze - it's shikai has the ability to manipulate wind. He has Air Blades, which releases transparent blades of wind which cut enemies from a distance. He can also charge his Zanpakuto with his spiritual energy and fires it as a white energy blast with extreme force.

His bankai caused a large explosion against Wonderweiss.

Baraggan on the other hand can age and deteriorate every object around him, release Respira which immediately ages and rots anything it comes into contact.

Incidently, who else would you argue can defeat Baraggan?

PS: Sorry for not adding a poll :P
    Last edited by Bowser; July 18, 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kensei V Baraggan

This brings up an important question, is Respiera gas based? If so wind, and any really 'explosion' type tech would be able to easy divert, if not outright turn it back on Barragon. If so Kensei probably takes it.

However I'm inclined to think no, purely because Hachi did not try this despite there being a kido that directly involves such a thing, and Respiera was able to divert a powerful explosion like Soifon's bankai. It seems a more solid tech is the only type that can really divert or stall the thing, like the barriers and stuff. Hence I'd probably give it to Barragon in this case.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We never really saw how respira would work be affected by explosions or techniques of the sort. Soifon did not have many of those and the effect of her bankai on respira was hardly seen, we never got a situation where we could have seen respira blown away by her bankai. Hachi was a kido user but hardly a battle oriented one. Hachi specialized in barriers of sorts and even admitted he was not really suited for battle. Not someone which would provide us with chances of seeing respira being blown away. He did provide us with something interesting though.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/369/06/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/369/07/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/370/09/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/370/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/370/11/
    Here we see how hachi's barriers managed to stall, even if for just a few seconds, barragan's respira. In that sense, respira was affected physically at least for a moment due to the inherent resistance the kido had. Now, what'd happen if a cero or a beam of sorts comes in contact with respira? It would definitely be aged but while it is aged it'd also move and displace the gas. In that sense, kensei's shikai and bankai could potentially provide a defense against respira considering it is based on wind and powerful explosions. Coming in contact with it is obviously not an option but he does have a chance to defend himself and even attack.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Well probably a mismatch, but I'm just wondering whether wind can age.

Kensei's Zanpakuto is Tachikaze - it's shikai has the ability to manipulate wind. He has Air Blades, which releases transparent blades of wind which cut enemies from a distance. He can also charge his Zanpakuto with his spiritual energy and fires it as a white energy blast with extreme force.

His bankai caused a large explosion against Wonderweiss.

Baraggan on the other hand can age and deteriorate every object around him, release Respira which immediately ages and rots anything it comes into contact.

Incidently, who else would you argue can defeat Baraggan?
    This is certainly not a mismatch, unless you were referring to it being a mismatch in Kensei's favor.

As the pictures in the post above mine demonstrate, respira, though it can age everything, is a physical gaseous material that can be physically diverted by coming into contact with an object. As such, the first paragraph of Random101's post is basically the right answer. Kensei takes this because his wind based zanpakutou would be able to manipulate the floating clouds of respira; if not in shikai then certainly in bankai.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm so assuming he could deal with the Respira, what about the Time Dilation Field? Slowing down time around him and accelerating ageing too. He could divert explosions aimed at him no?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Soifon did not have many of those and the effect of her bankai on respira was hardly seen, we never got a situation where we could have seen respira blown away by her bankai.
    Keep in mind he manages to divert the first one with his time powers to keep it from reaching him. Were Respiera Gaseous, the sheer force of explosion would pretty much make this impossible. Granted however arguable. It really depends on whether Respiera is more 'Aura' or more 'Gaseous mass', and frankly I'm inclined to think the first one, despite the name.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Hmm so assuming he could deal with the Respira, what about the Time Dilation Field? Slowing down time around him and accelerating ageing too. He could divert explosions aimed at him no?
    That was what i was thinking too, if barragan never went res and just used his time slowing powers, if he could lure kensei into a fistfight, he might win.

But yes, the matter of respira is similar to that of barragan vs hitsugaya but even more complicated regarding whether respira is a gas or not.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think it's just a gas, as regular as any other.

at the end, after he took the second shot from Soi Fon's bankai, he got pissed and started spewing what looked like powerful, forceful beams of the stuff. it shot forward in controlled, forceful streams, rather than just rolling out like a fog. blasted through the barriers quite quickly and hit Hacchi's hand and mask.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

he may have been blowing it like a stream of wind. dont know how since he had no lips. i call plotkai!!!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    That was what i was thinking too, if barragan never went res and just used his time slowing powers, if he could lure kensei into a fistfight, he might win.

But yes, the matter of respira is similar to that of barragan vs hitsugaya but even more complicated regarding whether respira is a gas or not.
    I don't think barragan will necessarily have the edge in a fistfight. Certainly aging kensei would be useful but barragan would also be exposed to kensei's short range attacks powered by his mask. Kensei has shown to be quite effective in short range, his punches usually come with explosions and his shikai also have a few tricks. Obviosly a fistfight would be impossible against resurreccion barragan though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But if he slows down Kensei's movements in close range he could get the advantage. Soifon who is one of the fastest characters we have seen had her close range abilities stomped by Barragan unreleased.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    But if he slows down Kensei's movements in close range he could get the advantage. Soifon who is one of the fastest characters we have seen had her close range abilities stomped by Barragan unreleased.
    True but soifon was more reliant on speed than kensei is though. Soifon without her speed can't do anything, she can't even land a blow with her shikai. Kensei without speed can still use his explosion things and shikai at a range. It is a completely different fighting stile and situation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its cool to see kensei used in a campo fight, hes always seemed a little overlooked since his fight with wonderweiss was completly unseen.

i like kensei though, hes has above average physical strength, tachikaze is a powerful versitile zanpakdou, and he has his mask boost. it looked to me that his mask allowed his zan's explosion abitlity to transfer to his other limbs, so obviously punches and possibly kicks could all be very leathal strikes. but this wont win it for him against barragan, he needs to use range.

he showed that he can shoot a beam like attack during ichigos hollow trainging but barragan might be able to stop that. the ability i think can win it for him is the one he used in the pendulum arc
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.05/15/
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.05/16/
    it seems like he throws out an invisible slice of air or something else and it seems very fast and has the same delayed explosion that his physical strikes have. i htink this ability could win it for him against barragan, i see no way for respira to stop it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kensei V Barragan

If he has a wind based zampakuto and can control some form of wind, wind is an element that doesn't age, which is like fire, which is like water, which is like earth- they have no 'age' because they aren't created things, they are elemental. When barragan aged soi-fon's bankai he did so to stop the explosion. When the explosion hit him it affected him. If Kensei can use wind, there's nothing to suggest Barragan can age wind. He'll have to rely on his aging for other things. So technically Kensei would have a bit of success IMO against Barragan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kensei V Barragan

Uh, the explosion exploded regardless. He didn't stop it, he kept it from hitting him. The problem with wind isn't whether or not it ages, it's whether or not it'll keep the aging from reaching him. Which is arguable depending on whether Respiera's more gas or Aura based.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast