Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What anime have you recently dropped and why?

Be it because you didn’t like it or because you didn’t have enough time to finish watching it anymore, etc.; what are those anime series that you started watching them but in the end decided to drop them?

Note: If the reasons why you decided to drop an anime are spoilerish, please put them inside a spoiler box. Thanks!

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
    I was actually pretty excited when I heard Maid-sama was going to have an anime and I was looking forward to it. I watched the first episodes of the series and I didn’t hate them but…for some reason I never quite became a big fan of the series and at some point I lost interest in it and just stopped watching it and to be honest I don’t have any strong desire to catch up with it so yes, I’m dropping Maid-sama.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 19, 2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

I've recently watched both Occult Academy and Shiki, I believe one episode each. I don't think I'll be following them any-longer. They just didn't appeal to me or grab me as much some of the other season starters. Hence I've dropped them.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Amagami SS

I’m dropping this series because I started watching it with wrong expectations. I was expecting for Amagami to be a series similar to Clannad or True Tears but it wasn’t, it wasn’t at all. In addition, I'm not very fond of the omnibus format that is used in this anime and if the arc for the first pairing is any indication of what the other arcs are going to be like then I’m better off dropping this anime now than spending more time watching something I’m not going to enjoy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail

I like the manga and really thought Fairy Tail anime had everything going for it. Many people seem to like it, as well. As for me, I just don't like the seiyuu choices, the stupid Yu-Gi-Oh!-like spell animations seem really out of place and it doesn't really recreate the feeling I get when reading the manga. The soundtrack works suprisingly well, and it's a good story, but I'd rather just listen to celtic rock and read the manga, then.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

heroman and maid-sama, mainly because they were unbearably boring

which is weird since I was looking forward to them the most when the Spring season started. Anyway, another show I'm close to dropping is Mitsudomoe which, despite being a comedy anime, is completely dry

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Amagami SS

I’m dropping this series because I started watching it with wrong expectations. I was expecting for Amagami to be a series similar to Clannad or True Tears but it wasn’t, it wasn’t at all. In addition, I'm not very fond of the omnibus format that is used in this anime and if the arc for the first pairing is any indication of what the other arcs are going to be like then I’m better off dropping this anime now than spending more time watching something I’m not going to enjoy.
    I agree with you but i love music from Amagami SS but sadly it is good artwork and music but their plot and flow story make me boring ..I am drop this series

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    heroman and maid-sama, mainly because they were unbearably boring

which is weird since I was looking forward to them the most when the Spring season started. Anyway, another show I'm close to dropping is Mitsudomoe which, despite being a comedy anime, is completely dry
    I hate Heroman since esp 4... I thought it will fun and comedy for fight bug alien but I hate long time to Heroman as too much talk but i hate it for reason .. i don't have feel from Heroman ... I wish it will faster action ...

Hey I love Maid-Sama oh well

I am already drop Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ it is not good for me ... Sekirei Manga better than Anime ..i like to watch ecchi but too much for me ...

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually checking to see if there was a thread for something else, but since I saw this thread and something came to mind instantly...

Clannad
    I know this series has a ton of fans and really rave reviews, and so maybe I'm weird for not liking it I watched something from the same guy - Angel Beats! and really liked it, so I tried out Clannad. I was very disappointed. Without the same humour (and to a smaller extent, action) as Angel Beats!, Clannad bored me to tears. I watched about 4 episodes, and each episode I kept telling myself that since this series got such reviews, it had to get better. But it didn't - I was still bored.

It didn't touch me, either, the way all the reviews raved that it would. I was not at all emotionally involved with the characters Definitely not in the same way as I was with the characters in Angel Beats!.

I still have the episodes in my HD though, so I might give it another go when I have the time... I feel like I should give it another chance by virtue of the fact that it has such rave reviews to its name...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

welli am a bit busy with my studies so didnt get enough of animes lately but i dropped Gosick after watching 1 ep
    the girl was too obnoxious and the guy was too butler like and effeminated for me

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    welli am a bit busy with my studies so didnt get enough of animes lately but i dropped Gosick after watching 1 ep
    the girl was too obnoxious and the guy was too butler like and effeminated for me
    Mm, I would suggest that you keep watching. You will see a different side of both of the characters from the 2nd ep onwards, and I think you'll appreciate them more after that The mysteries are also very well-done. Give it another go, shaheer! I don't think you will be disappointed

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i might be drop Infinite Stratos ... i like art but i hate so many harlem and what happen esp 4's action after it is eh why So many animes focus on harlem than plot or action ... but i like harlem in while but not every time harlem in every esp .... i hate it because it is so much harlem in my taste .. if you find it is very rude but i am sorry for vend anger ...

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've dropped many.

Fairy Tail
    I really like the manga and i want to like the anime but the fight animation and musical direction was so bad. Does anybody know if it gets better later or is it always so terrible?

Bleach
    I'll probably pick it up again in a few months, it's not really the anime's fault it's just that the manga arc it's going through right now is one of my least favorites. So it kinda lost me.

Freezing
    It's just not very good. Too much boobs, too little plot.

Dragon Crisis!
    Why do harem main characters have to be so freakin dull? Why? This series might not be so horrible if the main character just had any meat to him at all. My tolerance for boring whiny little emo brat hero characters is wearing pretty thin.

Naruto(though i dropped it a few months ago)
    I just can't take it anymore. Seeing the animation studio butcher my very favorite manga series causes me too much emotional pain. All i can do is look away. It's like watching a small animal suffering....it's horrible.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 14, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

@jamion i agree completely with bleach naruto and FT(aprt that i dun like FT s manga that much either)
    @sal idk, i need a push to see sth that i ve dropped, if someone Dl s ti then i think i ll give it a go
    but what i disliked is ther i characters perse not they mysteries the girl was HELL obnoxious and the guy was Super butler like and effeminated for me

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dropped:
    A while ago:
    -Bleach, while they were fighting in the fake town. It got too boring, the fights were too meaningless, too few plot or developement happening - not just in that arc, but ever since SS arc ended. The fights were poorly staged, too: There's no point in watching them when like five or six turnarounds happen every fight; Because regardless what happens, the good one will win or at least survive. Conclusion: I dropped Bleach 200 episodes too late - thank god I had a filler guide and skipped like 100 of them anyways!
    -Naruto. Didn't have a reason to watch it further after all those fillers after the pain arc. Plus, I already read further anyways and kinda dropped Naruto in total after preferring Seinen over Shounen.

Today:
    -Black Lagoon. I hate this style of fights. I simply cannot consider this amount of lack of realism as cool. A character walking (or jumping) tall over a open space while surrounded by 20 enemies isn't cool, but suicidal and dumb. And that character then surviving and killing all enemies is even more stupid.
    A boat using a wreck as a ramp to shoot down a helicopter isn't cool either, because it simply feels so scripted and unplausible. With that low amount of common sense I just can't enjoy it.
    By the way it's not about "realism" per se. A fantasy world isn't realistic either, but it can still follow the own set of rules of that world and be "likely"/"plausible" in itself. Black Lagoon might have a scenario based on the real world at least, but violates any kind of common sense and probabilities.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; February 15, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

On a hiatus : Keroro Gunsou. I've only watched 20 episodes, and it's already starting to look like it's always the same things happening. And the series has been dropped by everyone anyway, and there's no point in continuing watching a series if you know you won't ever the the end.

~edit : what di you know, one day I post that, and the next day 5 new episodes are out...
    Last edited by Shrimp; February 16, 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Clannad
    I know this series has a ton of fans and really rave reviews, and so maybe I'm weird for not liking it I watched something from the same guy - Angel Beats! and really liked it, so I tried out Clannad. I was very disappointed. Without the same humour (and to a smaller extent, action) as Angel Beats!, Clannad bored me to tears. I watched about 4 episodes, and each episode I kept telling myself that since this series got such reviews, it had to get better. But it didn't - I was still bored.
    I’m a huge fan of Clannad, so much that I consider myself a Clannad-ite (?) But I kind of understand why you didn’t enjoy Clannad as much as Angel Beats. I tried Angel Beats because of Clannad (same team that did Clannad) but I didn’t enjoy it, I stopped watching after the second episode or it was the fist one…the point is that I didn’t enjoy Angel Beats as I had Clannad. Now that I think about it I think I watched Angel Beats with the wrong expectations, expecting it to be something similar to Clannad when both of these series are very different and directed to different audiences and tastes. I guess that is why people who loved Clannad didn’t like Angel Beats and vice versa people who didn’t like Clannad loved Angel Beats.

Quote Quote:
    It didn't touch me, either, the way all the reviews raved that it would. I was not at all emotionally involved with the characters Definitely not in the same way as I was with the characters in Angel Beats!.
    4 episodes is too early for the real good stuff of Clannad to appear, if I remember correctly the first four episodes only covered the Fuko arc, right? I liked that arc but I wasn't moved to tears by it, however, Kotomi’s arc touched my heart so much that I ended up crying like a baby after watching the last episode of that arc.

Quote Quote:
    I still have the episodes in my HD though, so I might give it another go when I have the time... I feel like I should give it another chance by virtue of the fact that it has such rave reviews to its name...
    I know I’m biased since I love Clannad, but I would really love for you to give Clannad another try.

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Mm, I would suggest that you keep watching. You will see a different side of both of the characters from the 2nd ep onwards, and I think you'll appreciate them more after that The mysteries are also very well-done. Give it another go, shaheer! I don't think you will be disappointed
    I agree with Salad, shaheer. Gosick gets better as the story progresses. Victorique is not your typical loli, but as the story progresses you get to see more sides of her and you also understand better why she is the way she is, especially after learning about her past. Kujo might have started as a meek guy, but as the story progresses he shows more of his manly side and there have been a couple of scenes where he has been pretty courageous and great.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 17, 2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast