Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

I dropped BlazBlue: Alter Memory after it failed to impress me after the third episode... I had no idea what the fuck is going on, the characters were annoying and apart from a cute loli vampire absolutely nothing made me watch this show...

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to drop Golden Time from my weekly shows this season. I didn't know it is going to be a two-cour shows, but I'm going to stop watching it weekly at this moment, and use the slot for something else. I might consider Coppelion if it's good.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm regretfully dropping Kill La Kill.

Much like Gurren Laggan I loved the animation, soundtrack, and voice cast. But the story was just... not for me. The over the top school uniform based battling thing and cliche "Inigo Montoya" motivation for the protag is just...*groan*. It's really a shame I can't find a way to get behind the story because all the other elements are there but I just can't do it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I think I'm going to drop Golden Time from my weekly shows this season. I didn't know it is going to be a two-cour shows, but I'm going to stop watching it weekly at this moment, and use the slot for something else. I might consider Coppelion if it's good.
    Golden Time has been one of my favorites

I'm not sure Coppelion is a series I'd recommend adding. It's a good show, but so far slow paced. The manga itself starts slow, the anime has so far been loyal. Coppelion should have been two cour, not enough plot will be covered after one. It's a good enough show I won't try talking you out of it too aggressively. But if you're looking to add a one cour show, there are better. I haven't seen your list, but if you're not watching Outbreak Company, that might be a good show to watch. The premise is silly, even by moe anime standards, but once it gets going it's a very funny, likable show. Probably my favorite comedy of the season.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Golden Time is really bad, but I just found so far it's mediocre and.. it's not worth the effort of keeping up with it weekly. I might revisit Golden Time again sometime in the future if it turns out to be an excellent adaptation.

The reason why I considered Coppelion was because Crunchyroll simulpub including its manga in the list. So I thought the manga must be decently popular, though I don't think the animation style fits me. I might check Outbreak Company, I think I don't have comedy series to watch, so far in this season.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I don't think Golden Time is really bad, but I just found so far it's mediocre and.. it's not worth the effort of keeping up with it weekly. I might revisit Golden Time again sometime in the future if it turns out to be an excellent adaptation.
    I love Banri and Kouko. The characters are amazing, they remind me (not surprisingly) of Toradora.

Quote Quote:
    The reason why I considered Coppelion was because Crunchyroll simulpub including its manga in the list. So I thought the manga must be decently popular, though I don't think the animation style fits me. I might check Outbreak Company, I think I don't have comedy series to watch, so far in this season.
    The animation is one of Coppelion's best points, along with the voice acting. It's been animated in a style similar to Mardock Scramble and K, also by GoHands. It's just one of those series that takes a while to establish it's main plot. After five episodes the story still feels like a prologue, episodic, and only hinting at the main plot. Coppelion is worth watching, but a little frustrating watching weekly.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dropping Tokyo Ravens.

There is just too much about it I'm not liking. The blending of Mecha and Spiritual stuff is not really my cup of tea to begin with but the use of CG animation for all the mecha parts makes it downright hard on the eyes. Voice acting seemed solid but that can only get a series so far without the dialogue and story to back it up; and I wasn't very thrilled with either.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dropping Pupa before it airs. Reason? The episodes will only be 5 minutes long... I won't watch such a show... Too bad.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one Ive dropped this season is Galilei Donna, though I had never had much interest in it to begin with I was just watching it to fill time. Thankfully it turned out pretty rotten and dull in terms of being lost on what it wanted to accomplish. Had dropped Kill la Kill for a week, but picked it up again once Nudist Beach came. Guess Ill stick with it.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Meganebu. I find myself distracted whenever I watch it, and I don't have much of a desire to check out the new episodes. If the episodes were only 12 minutes, it might be a little better.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I dropped Meganebu. I find myself distracted whenever I watch it, and I don't have much of a desire to check out the new episodes. If the episodes were only 12 minutes, it might be a little better.
    But you can just watch half the episode, then come back and view the other half since their never continuous stories. And you missed the megane god.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Dropped Blazblue after failing to bring myself to watch the episode after a third successive week. Just not interesting enough, especially you have no idea what the game is about.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    But you can just watch half the episode, then come back and view the other half since their never continuous stories. And you missed the megane god.
    Perhaps I can watch the episodes with the student council. So far the only character I care about is Hayato.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. after one episode, or rather I put it on hold until the BluRay release. Thanks to the ridiculous censorship it is unwatchable for me.
    It can't be helped...

---------- Post added January 10, 2014 at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

I also dropped Z/X Ignition. This basically screams Pokémon x YGO and the characters were lame.
    Hoozuki no Reitetsu has no chance either. Comedy wasn't to my liking.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; January 09, 2014 at 08:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You didnt like Zillion of Enemy X Ignition, the monsters designs are extremely cool (Orichalcum Tyranno even), and the music is hot, not to mention Syo Kurusu va is voicing Tennoji

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast