Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

Victorique is a typical loli, that's why she and by proxy, Gosick fail. She's small, makes uguu~ expressions and is completely dry as a character. Completely appealing to every male's instinct to adore any girl/woman who is utterly fragile. I thought Gosick would be good but its just a load of tripe, the mysteries are freaking terrible. And the main character is duller than a doorknob

Though I agree that Clannad takes a looooong time to actually get emotional. The first season sort of just gets everyone to like the characters. The actual bawlfests don't begin until After Story, the second season. And even then, only in the second half of After Story. I only cried once but they were manly tears

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Bleach anime and is seriously considering droppin the manga once and for all.
    The anime screwed up the ending of one of the longest arc in manga/anime history and I felt that the studio trolled me.
    Since it ended, I'm not going to watch the fillers, no matter what anyone says. I'm done with Bleach anime for now.

That is, until Bleach Z Shippuden comes.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently dropped K-ON!! season 2. It was okay. Just as good as season one, but it was the same old cute and funny that only takes the show so far. There was no real plot over the 23 episodes of the show that I watched, so I had to give it up.

I also dropped Gosick. It was an okay show, but you have to sit through a lot of boring stuff to get one interesting plot twist/mystery per episode.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m dropping “Starry Sky”, not because I don’t like it because I do. I’m dropping it because I don’t have the time to watch it anymore, especially when I now have various anime series that I’m watching during this season. However, I don’t disregard the possibility of catching up with it some day in the future and finish watching it.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The last anime I dropped was Infinite Stratos. I watched few episodes but the anime was not sitting well with me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m dropping Steins;Gate, not because I didn’t enjoy watching it. I’m dropping it because I don’t have the time to watch it anymore . Steins;Gate is the first casualty of my RL schedule getting a bit busier.

---------- Post added June 20, 2011 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was June 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM ----------

I’m dropping C-The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. I only watched the first couple of episodes, and judging by them it was a cool anime with a lot of potential to become pretty awesome. I stopped watching it a few weeks ago and I don’t think I’m going to catch up wit it, not anytime soon at least. So, I’m officially dropping C.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Starry Sky because recently I've been watching it as a routine rather than for enjoyment. Kamiya Hiroshi's character (Scorpio) was a strong motivation that made me watch, and those episodes have already aired. I did enjoy comparing the characters with the traits of their horoscope sign; though it's no use continuing when there's no more driving force to keep me interested.

I'm thinking of taking a break from Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal until there's a story arc. I'm sure the episodic stories will mean something later on, but as of now I'm tied up with other series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why i tried to fan of Bleach but i give up after Anime ruin after Rukia Arc,,, but i tried of anime bleach but i love OST ... oh well ... this summer , I tried to follow Denpa anime ... my time and work don't give me for that ...I can watch up 10 anime show per week.. but over limited of my time , i will easily lose interest in so many series ..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oretachi ni tsubasa wa nai.
    After 3 episodes, it just didn't seem to be going anywhere, and I wasn't even sure what episode I watched last, it was pretty confusing, what with the multiple story arcs and all. I still don't know if I really watched 3 episodes, may be only 2, or 4, who knows.
    Now that it has ended, I'll probably start watching it again from the beginning, but there's a lot of other things to watch (and not only animes, I recently started watching Stargate SG-1 again, and it's taking a lot of time in my schedule).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

I’m dropping this series, the LNs are probably great, but the anime is so bad that I have no interest in watching it anymore.

The reason why I watched the first eps of this anime is because the author of the story is the same of one of my favorite series, “The Legend of the Legendary Heroes”, so I had high hopes for this anime. TLOTLH was awesome but ITNKU, on the other hand, wasn’t able to grab my interest. Plus, I wasn’t enjoying watching this series, so yeah, I’m dropping Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I’m dropping Steins;Gate, not because I didn’t enjoy watching it. I’m dropping it because I don’t have the time to watch it anymore . Steins;Gate is the first casualty of my RL schedule getting a bit busier.
    Ah, that is so unfortunate. I was on the verge of dropping Steins;Gate too because I was too confused, but I re-watched the first few episodes and I ended up watching it until now. It's actually a great series. I hope you'll pick it up again when you're less busy.

Like destiny too, the last anime I dropped was Itsuka Tenma, in addition to Sacred Seven. Both series failed to keep me curious (it made me frown more often then smiles, laughed, or felt curious) and entertained so I had to drop it.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of lack of time, I have decided to drop Another. It has the potential to be a great series, but unfortunately I don’t have the time to keep watching it so I’m dropping it.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

dropped area no kishi due to lack of time, I was never really a soccer guy and I know the plot is interesting, maybe I'll pick it up in the future

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m dropping Zetman. Why? Well…first of all is a matter of time, two series that I’m really interested in watching are just around the corner and tbh I don’t have the necessary time to watch all the series I wrote in my Spring-anime list. Secondly, Zetman is supposed to only have 13 episodes so it is expected for the anime to not even cover half of the manga and since I have no plans to read Zetman after the anime ends…

And last but not least, I read a bit more about Zetman and I’m not sure it is my kind of series anymore. So for all the reasons explained above, I’m dropping Zetman.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sword Art Online.

A series that started very strong with an absolutely stellar first half of the season but the second part has been simply horrendous, in my opinon. It's gotten the point where I just can't bring myself actually sit down and watch the episodes anymore.

K/K Project

I only made it to about episode 4. Too much style not enough of anything else to really pull me in.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 17, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast