Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

I've dropped or rather stopped actively watching Last Exile and Zetsuen no Tempest. The former is because I wasn't really engaged with the story and characters despite the fascinating setting. Even though I'm only four episodes in, the other shows I've been watching has already got me hooked at this point.

Spoiler show

I stopped watching Zetsuen no Tempest because of time constraints; compared to Psycho-Pass, however, I don't feel like catching up on what I've missed.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai recently. I might pick it up later on, but judging from the two first episodes alone, the animation is quite painful to watch. I don't mind generic harem theme of the Anime though, but I felt that the Anime was unbearable.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to lack of time and because I wasn’t a big fan of the first episode, but mainly because I don’t have time to watch it anymore, I’m dropping Sasami-san@Ganbaranai.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dropping Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (made it to episode 2) and probably Oreshura (made it to episode 4) too.

I just don't like either very much, to be honest about it. As much as I am normally a fan of weird anime, I found Sasami's weirdness to be more often the source of annoyance than laughs for me. With Oreshura it's the protagonist and the main love interest. It's really hard to enjoy a romcom that way.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Vividred Operation after episode 2. I couldn't bear to watch it anymore.
    The story is nothing much and the amount of fanservice is not good.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I dropped Vividred Operation after episode 2. I couldn't bear to watch it anymore.
    The story is nothing much and the amount of fanservice is not good.
    yeah, me second, why I also dropped Vividred Operation after episode 2, and the reasons are surprisingly almost completely the same to yours...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I understand why Kait laughed. I also dropped Vividred Operation, and OreShura. To put it nicely, the reason why I dropped those two Anime is because both Anime are progressing towards directions which I could not accept.

I tried OreShura manga too, but it's just too generic for me.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OreShura I thought boring. I stopped halfway through episode two. I respect what the Vividred animators are doing. They know what the show is, they know their audience, they know what their audience wants. There is no pretense to the show, they are not pretending it's anything more than it is. But it's not the show for me. Not my taste in anime. I don't have any problem with fanservice. Fanservice is usually a bonus, as far as I am concerned.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of lack of time I’m dropping two anime series that I was really looking forward to and that I was planning to watch during this new anime season. I’m dropping Tamako Market and Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman.

There is a big chance that I might need to drop more series but at least as of now I’m dropping the two I already mentioned.

---------- Post added February 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was February 12, 2013 at 08:19 PM ----------

Another series gets dropped. This time is OreShura. RL has kept me a tad busier lately so I need to drop another series and this series is OreShura. I’m also putting on hold Initial D; hopefully I’m able to continue watching ID soon.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Sasami-san@Ganbarani and Kotoura-san. Neither were particularly interesting, and I lost motivation too watch. Sasami-san is the first SHAFT anime I can recall dropping.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.
    It wasn't good enough anymore and my interest finally faded away. The art way never really my style and the plot was kinda boring and headed nowhere...
    Furthermore I couldn't bear the lack of names anymore.

I should've dropped it earlier like I did with the manga.
    Really not my stuff. It's funny because I really liked Spice & Wolf.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I dropped Red Data Girl or rather I put it on hold...
    Not because I don't like it but because I'm already 3 episodes behind and I don't have enough time.
    If it turns out to be really good I might pick it up again but for now: Dropped.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    OreShura I thought boring. I stopped halfway through episode two. I respect what the Vividred animators are doing. They know what the show is, they know their audience, they know what their audience wants. There is no pretense to the show, they are not pretending it's anything more than it is. But it's not the show for me. Not my taste in anime. I don't have any problem with fanservice. Fanservice is usually a bonus, as far as I am concerned.
    i thought oreshura was great, but its a bit slow starting, or i should say it doesnt get really interesting until about half way through when you find out more about the characters

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I dropped Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai recently. I might pick it up later on, but judging from the two first episodes alone, the animation is quite painful to watch. I don't mind generic harem theme of the Anime though, but I felt that the Anime was unbearable.
    hmm this is one of my favorites, the humor is priceless
    but i can understand why it wouldnt be for everyone

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Today I dropped Red Data Girl or rather I put it on hold...
    Not because I don't like it but because I'm already 3 episodes behind and I don't have enough time.
    If it turns out to be really good I might pick it up again but for now: Dropped.
    Sad to hear you’re dropping RDG, Sky. But on the bright side, we are still watching HentaiNeko and Yahari.

Due to lack of time I’m dropping Kakumeiki Valvrave. I have read mixed comments about this series so I don’t know if I’m dropping a series with the potential of becoming another Code Geass or a series that will become another Guilty Crown (I haven’t watched GC but I have read some comments about it and it seems it wasn’t a great series). I’m also dropping KV because I want to make room for Initial D, I really need to finish watching the fourth season of ID.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I've dropped Aku no Hana and Karneval, haha~ I don't think I'll be able to stand Aku no Hana's plot and Nakamura's ideas, and Karneval just didn't hit me yet this far. Since I'm busy as well, might as well save my time, lol.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast