Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What anime have you recently dropped and why?

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    To be honest I've dropped Aku no Hana and Karneval, haha~ I don't think I'll be able to stand Aku no Hana's plot and Nakamura's ideas, and Karneval just didn't hit me yet this far. Since I'm busy as well, might as well save my time, lol.
    I felt the same, that's why I dropped Karneval. There's just too much else I watch and so far the series just isn't that interesting.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kaze no stigma

it was on netflix so i was watching the english dub

it was ok i just got bored

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dropping Devil Survivor 2. Just not interest, to many manga/anime action cliches. If I were a bigger action fan, I might have liked it more. As it is I am not really enjoying it much.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have dropped Valvrave today or rather put in on hold. Like with RDG I'm already 3 episodes behind and I have no intention to change that...
    Maybe I watch it someday in the future but I highly doubt it.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; May 26, 2013 at 08:32 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Valvrave is gloriously bad. I would never dream of dropping it, and plan on watching season two.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Valvrave is gloriously bad. I would never dream of dropping it, and plan on watching season two.
    I know but my to-watch-list got so big that I had to get rid of some shows.
    Maybe I will watch it someday, when I need to laugh very hard or something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm caught up with Aku no Hana's manga so I don't feel like continuing with the anime.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching the first episode and watching bits of the second ep, I’m dropping “Genshiken Nidaime.” It seems the “second generation” is not for me. I wasn’t as captivated as I was by the “first generation”; the story and the characters of this new season didn’t click for me. Tbh, I didn’t even enjoy watching the first episode and judging by what happens in the second episode, I don’t think the direction the story is taking is the right one for me. For all these reasons, I’ve dropped this new season of Genshiken. I still don’t know if I’ll replace it with another new anime or if I’ll just watch two anime series this summer season.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 13, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Silver Spoon after 11 minutes because I remembered why I dropped the Manga. It's just not my stuff and I felt really bored. The gags are not good enough to keep me watching. Too bad. =/

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

And I dropped Gatchaman too... This show was just ridiculous... No thanks... o_O

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Danganronpa after one episode, Kiniro Mosaic after two. The former was just silly, with boring characters, and a second rate version of an overused plot (Hunger Games, Battle Royalle, Doubt, god knows how how many others). I'm sure the game was sensational, the anime is a hack job. I was going to watch at least one more episode, but there are so many other good series this season that I'm not going to bother. Kinirio Mosaic was pleasant enough, but nothing really special. It's not a bad show, I may watch it after it is done airing.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dropping...

Gatchaman Crowds, the whole thing is just too over the top for me. Can't relate to the characters and don't really like the art style or premise either. It's like Tiger & Bunny if it was even more over the top, had a weak emotional foundation, and was half as funny.

Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou, the dog protagonist thing got old pretty fast for me. The book fan and excentric author thing was fun at first but seems to have diminishing returns. Might revisit it once the series is done but for now I'm dropping it.

Silver Spoon, I got bored just like Sky. Really don't feel like revising the story. So I probably won't.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Dropped Free! and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ever since their first episodes aired. Those are my two most recent drops ever since...dunno, since I usually don't drop any anime so easily to begin with. I know a lot of people are all excited about Free!, but...somehow, it just doesn't sit right for me (maybe because a lot of people are expecting much of it, and I tend to just don't like the series everyone is all hyped about. I usually have hard time with the anime everyone seems to be waiting for in each season. I never manage to get the slightest interest in SnK after all, even though everyone seems so hyped about it, now and back then... ._.") and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi is just a little boring for me somehow.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Kikou Shoujo after one episode. Instead, I am going to try Yowapeda. Kikou Shoujo episode one was poorly animated, bland, and kind of corny. Yowapeda looks much better.

---------- Post added October 19, 2013 at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was October 11, 2013 at 01:12 PM ----------

I also dropped Arpeggio of Blue Steel. It just wasn't very good, and the bad CG made it even cornier. I'm watching too many shows this season to stick with something so boring.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I started Gatchaman Crowds but I agree with some of the reasons Jammin already mentioned, gave it up after watching 3 episodes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crowds was actually worth watching. I also dropped it early, but caught back up after a few episodes. I'm glad I did. As the show progressed, the characters and story developed a lot of depth. Hajime started annoying, but proved to be one of the most confident, brave, and understanding anime characters I can remember. Berge-Katz was her perfect adversary. Equally confident, loose, and fun loving, but evil and destructive. The other characters felt like real people. They were flawed, insecure, sometimes scared, and often doubted themselves. Rui was a particularly great character. I would not call Crowds a classic, but it definitely was a good show.

Crowds had very little in common with Tiger and Bunny. Maybe nothing. The suits were updated versions of the original Gatchaman suits from the 1972 anime, right down to the characters yelling "bird go" when they activated their powers.

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast