Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Vol 23 (Chap 188 - 196) Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 194 Discussion/ 195 Predictions

It was a great chapter and I really liked. It was great to see Dragonslayers' teamwork. I really liked the way Natsu inspired everyone, like he always does.
    And that's a relief that the arc actually comes to an end.

elitefox
    Quote Quote:
    I like Erza though because of the wide variety of armor and attacks and strategy with thinking.
    I like Erza even more for her beauty. She was great on this colourspread.))

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think lucy is significantly weaker than the others.... Aquarius is a beast, loki should be pretty much capable of keeping up with natsu or grey, gemini is about as powerful as whoever he copies. Mashima has simply managed to set the plot in a way where lucy would seem remarkably more useless than what she is (for instance virgo appearing instead of loki and being unable to call taurus afterwards, the captain guy controlling aquarius water, trapping her under a giant octopus...). Certainly lucy does not have the physical capacities of grey, natsu or erza but with a little strategy she could go on even terms with natsu or grey (at least she'd push them quite far). Of course, her biggest limitation in a long fight would be her limited amounts of magic.

I guess the next chapter will deal with how gerard takes away magic from this world. I think we will also see edoras FT fight along with the bit where everyone loses magic. Gerard should save just about enough magic to send the earthland FT mages back though. I think the arc will end within the next 4 chapters.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think lucy is significantly weaker than the others.... Aquarius is a beast, loki should be pretty much capable of keeping up with natsu or grey, gemini is about as powerful as whoever he copies. Mashima has simply managed to set the plot in a way where lucy would seem remarkably more useless than what she is (for instance virgo appearing instead of loki and being unable to call taurus afterwards, the captain guy controlling aquarius water, trapping her under a giant octopus...). Certainly lucy does not have the physical capacities of grey, natsu or erza but with a little strategy she could go on even terms with natsu or grey (at least she'd push them quite far). Of course, her biggest limitation in a long fight would be her limited amounts of magic.

I guess the next chapter will deal with how gerard takes away magic from this world. I think we will also see edoras FT fight along with the bit where everyone loses magic. Gerard should save just about enough magic to send the earthland FT mages back though. I think the arc will end within the next 4 chapters.
    I think mistgun will send them with the magic, all in one trip.

The only thing that is bothering me is that... what will mistgun do? or the cats? Will they stay at edoras because they won't be able to come back after this, I think. Will the panther join gazelle?

Anyways, I just want to end this arc lol.

I don't like Lucy, quite ok for comic relief.

The worst is in anime, it feels like sailor moon(I am quite fond of the sailor characters though) even for erza.
    you don't need to blink, etc. before summoning anything.
    Last edited by elitefox; July 27, 2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CLEANED

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if Lily joins Gazille in Fairy Tail, though I think he will stay with his queen and his prince (maybe a new King) to rebuild his world.

Quote Quote:
    Anyways, I just want to end this arc lol.
    Deffinetly. I just want somwthing new, because I'm a bit bored of this Edo world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kaizoku-O Luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Doroma animu fight is done. The arc will probably end in next three to five chapters. I hope we find out why the cats were sent to earth to kill the dragon slayers from the queen. Wonder who's gonna be the new king.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

IF it wasn't for Gazelle's "only you can do it Natsu" comment, I would have liked the chapter. I also disliked how the battle ended.

I would have wished the battle to end with everyone's roar, instead of Natsu's sole attack. Letting the other Dragons appear while the DS were attacking with their roar would have been a better choice, instead of again Natu's sole offensive attack.

Anyway, Im glad the fight is over. Hopefully we will have progress on the main plot soon. I guess we will be still about 2-5 chapters in Edo.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This arc just needs to wrap up asap. It just felt rushed at most times, though the Edoras Royal army captains have been awesome, the story and certain chapters have been weak. This fight in particular between the DSs and Faust was just .
    Mystgun has been appearing here and there, mostly there. and this should have been his chance to shine and take the spotlight...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this arc,this arc is more better than the oracion seis arc with Nirva-shit 8 legs/6 legs seriously...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    IF it wasn't for Gazelle's "only you can do it Natsu" comment, I would have liked the chapter. I also disliked how the battle ended.

I would have wished the battle to end with everyone's roar, instead of Natsu's sole attack. Letting the other Dragons appear while the DS were attacking with their roar would have been a better choice, instead of again Natu's sole offensive attack.

Anyway, Im glad the fight is over. Hopefully we will have progress on the main plot soon. I guess we will be still about 2-5 chapters in Edo.
    Lets take this as a fantasy rpg, Gazille is the tank he did keep it stuck great job imo, wendy supported to boost more power and natsu is a natural offensive..

You are taking it too deeply that job natsu did the end touch,but if you see it right it wasnt just Natsu that took him down, it was necessary team effort.I gotta say I liked how it went down.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu got to do the flashy part of the job but that does not mean his part was more important. Had wendy not given him air or gazille not held the doruma anima there then natsu would have failed to do what he did. Natsu was not more important than wendy or gazille right then. Gazille was the only one who could have held the mecha the way he did. Wendy was the only one who could have given natsu a boost and natsu's abilities seemed to be the only ones that could combine with wendy's in that way.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Baka_Sousui's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Natsu got to do the flashy part of the job but that does not mean his part was more important. Had wendy not given him air or gazille not held the doruma anima there then natsu would have failed to do what he did. Natsu was not more important than wendy or gazille right then. Gazille was the only one who could have held the mecha the way he did. Wendy was the only one who could have given natsu a boost and natsu's abilities seemed to be the only ones that could combine with wendy's in that way.
    QFT
    TO be honest after reading that Natsu got the glory. But he's job could almost have been done by any DS but he was the one there. Gajeel was the only one who'd be able to hold DA down. Wendy's job could probably be done by someone with wind magic to be honest, but as she was the one there. She did the job. I guess to round it off the all used their abilities well tactically.

I find Natsu strange cause he only seems to think ingeniously in battle. Outside of battle, he's a clown.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baka_Sousui View Post
    QFT
    TO be honest after reading that Natsu got the glory. But he's job could almost have been done by any DS but he was the one there. Gajeel was the only one who'd be able to hold DA down. Wendy's job could probably be done by someone with wind magic to be honest, but as she was the one there. She did the job. I guess to round it off the all used their abilities well tactically.

I find Natsu strange cause he only seems to think ingeniously in battle. Outside of battle, he's a clown.
    I kind of think of Luffy and Naruto when you say that to Natsu
    but Luffy even in the fight is a clown

Anyways, I guess fire goes well with wind
    CLEANED

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Baka_Sousui's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chap 195 Chinese:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ghostexiled; August 02, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baka_Sousui View Post
    Untill the other thread opens.
    Chap 195 Chinese:
    Spoiler show
    Seems like a cool chapter... what in the world could gerard be thinking though, he seems to be so evil right now lol. Wonder what is going to happen with the magic once it reaches earthland though.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; August 02, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Unlucky Boy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 195 Spoiler Thread

It seems to me like he's saying "I'm gonna use this magic to destory the world and start a new one where I can be the king of everything! Muhahahaha!".

Grandine and Metalicana look way better on this chapter!

New Reply
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast