Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zelda Thread!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Zelda Thread!

Damn, finally got to getting the hylian shield in skyward sword. Can't believe how hard that was. And now I won everything worth winning in the game which is a bit of a shame. I don't think I will be playing it for a while.... I guess ocarina of time is next lol.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Took me several tries, kkck. I really wanted to do the game 100% though, and Demise is pretty difficult to beat without a shield that doesn't break in three hits. I still haven't beaten him on Hero Mode yet... that's the last thing I have to do.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

After several tries I actually got to defeat demise rather easily, the destructible shield was not an issue at all once I got the timing to reflect absolutely everything right. Where I had trouble was the horde battle. Its the longest fight and I found it borderline impossible to get past it without taking a hit (something which I could do in several other fights including demise). I admit I didn't quite do this the standard way though. As it turns out there is a potion that makes you invulnerable. If you use it alongside the potions medal before talking to the dragon you get a whole 9 minutes worth of invulnerability during the game. Thats good for 3 or 4 battles in my experience and it is specially useful during the horde battle when dealing with those bomb guys and arrows.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? I didn't have trouble with the Horde battle! I actually thought it was really fun because I could just slaughter all of those guys at once. HAha. I'm not going to say I didn't take hits though. There aren't very many bosses in that game where I don't take at least a few hits. And I used the invulnerable potion once to see exactly how it worked. For hero mode, I think I'm going to need it with all of the upgrades to beat Demise. XD;;; It's just annoying having to go get all of the bugs and I think it's expensive if I remember correctly. It's been a while though.

As of now, I'm squealing over the fact that The Wind Waker is being released in HD for the WiiU!!! I've always wondered what the game would be like with today's graphics, because the world is so beautiful even on the Gamecube. The bad news is that I'm going to have to buy the WiiU a lot sooner than I thought, since it's coming out this autumn. !

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, looks like I'm getting a Wii U now. Damn you Nintendoooooo!!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Really? I didn't have trouble with the Horde battle! I actually thought it was really fun because I could just slaughter all of those guys at once. HAha. I'm not going to say I didn't take hits though. There aren't very many bosses in that game where I don't take at least a few hits. And I used the invulnerable potion once to see exactly how it worked. For hero mode, I think I'm going to need it with all of the upgrades to beat Demise. XD;;; It's just annoying having to go get all of the bugs and I think it's expensive if I remember correctly. It's been a while though.

As of now, I'm squealing over the fact that The Wind Waker is being released in HD for the WiiU!!! I've always wondered what the game would be like with today's graphics, because the world is so beautiful even on the Gamecube. The bad news is that I'm going to have to buy the WiiU a lot sooner than I thought, since it's coming out this autumn. !
    Well, I only had trouble with the horde battle in hero mode lightning round. I just couldn't afford to lose as many hearts as I did and the game does not allow for potions halfway through. Demise is actually easy once you get the timing though.

I don't think HD wind waker will be enough to get me to buy the Wii U at the moment. I mean, what difference would it make with the style of graphics the game has? Or are they changing the game to make it have realistic graphics instead? I kinda doubt that though. It might be awesome however giving the one game with cartoonish graphics to have HD is not that big a deal. If it was twilight princess I might have considered it but not for the easiest console zelda game.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok... So I just heard about Wind Waker HD and did some research and apparently there is a second Zelda game in development for the Wii U.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that is definitely worth buying the wii u. However if the wind waker HD is due this year then a new zelda for the wii U is likely to be released for the holidays next year. Its kind of a bummer lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless I read an old article and it is actually Wind Waker HD is the "Second" Zelda game.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I only had trouble with the horde battle in hero mode lightning round. I just couldn't afford to lose as many hearts as I did and the game does not allow for potions halfway through. Demise is actually easy once you get the timing though.
    And as someone with immensely rotten timing, I still have a lot of trouble with Demise. Not to mention, I get really nervous and freak out. Maybe if I'd just pipe the fuck down a little bit, I'd be better at video games. They're not as fun that way though.

I don't think HD wind waker will be enough to get me to buy the Wii U at the moment. I mean, what difference would it make with the style of graphics the game has? Or are they changing the game to make it have realistic graphics instead? I kinda doubt that though. It might be awesome however giving the one game with cartoonish graphics to have HD is not that big a deal. If it was twilight princess I might have considered it but not for the easiest console zelda game.
    It's definitely enough for me. I've wanted a Wii U ever since it was announced, and have just been looking for the right excuse to splurge on it. Something Zelda related to tide me over until Zelda Wii U is out? I think that's good enough for me! XD I really love Wind Waker and the setting, so seeing it in HD is definitely worth it to me. I can't even tell you how excited I am! Maybe if I set aside $20 from every paycheck, I'll have enough for the console by autumn. I'll crunch the numbers later.

But no, the graphics are still cartoon-ish for The Wind Waker remake. They're just more refined, vibrant, and slightly more realistic looking. Basically, they're just HD. You can definitely see the difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Ok... So I just heard about Wind Waker HD and did some research and apparently there is a second Zelda game in development for the Wii U.
    Yeah, and we haven't heard any real news over it lately, but the developers revealed that they're going to try and achieve an art style similar to the Zelda Wii U tech demo.

Yeah, that is definitely worth buying the wii u. However if the wind waker HD is due this year then a new zelda for the wii U is likely to be released for the holidays next year. Its kind of a bummer lol.
    DEFINITELY worth the wait, I'd say! If taking longer means a better game, I'll sit happily and play WW HD in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Unless I read an old article and it is actually Wind Waker HD is the "Second" Zelda game.
    Naw, they're working on Wind Waker, but it's only to tide us over until The new Zelda Wii U game is released. I can't wait until we get a trailer or something, but that could be months, or even a year.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I haven't experienced this sort of feeling since I was waiting for the seventh Harry Potter book to come out!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nervous over a video game?

I actually got to see what the HD version was going to look like and I admit it was kinda tempting. Still not enough to get me to buy the wii U though. On the other hand super smash and mario karts are due sometime this year which just might be enough for me to splurge 500 dollars or so....

I wonder just exactly they are going to set the next zelda game timewise.... I would love to actually see hylia in the game, that would basically be the most important zelda of all (and it would be kinda funny to see a zelda game where zelda actually exists nowhere at all). The issue would be the dialogue in skyward sword. In it demise mentions that he never met a human like link who would or could stand up to him. That would imply that in the past he did not actually deal with the hero directly as otherwise he would have actually met someone that could and would stand up to him. Demise and demons supposedly came from beneath the earth, perhaps a game which explores the origins of demons and demise would be idea. The only thing I would dislike about the game being placed further in the past is the lack of zora folk. I was never a fan of the squid guys in skyward sword, I didn't really see the point of them even as ancestors of the zora.

Its easy to set the games in the past but in turn I have trouble imagining how a game could be set in the future. We already have several alternate timelines and attempts to resurrect a dead gannon so if the timeline is to move forward from now then ganondorf appearing is tricky. Or rather, there is only one particular point in the timeline in which ganondorf himself could be addressed. In the alternate timeline where hero of time link loses to ganondorf there is a spot where a game could potentially be made. Perhaps a game explaining how the master sword got to a link to the past(rather than ganon throwing it into lava or something) and how a hero member of the knights of hyrule defeats gannon for good.

Other than that the ganon we know and love has already been dealt with in every single timeline introduced so far. In wind waker he dies via sword in the face. In twilight princess he dies via sword in the chest. So we have only the alternate timeline left where he is long dead in a few games or resurrected (I am somewhat iffy on those details, I haven't played the original zelda and zelda II). Ok, technically gannon has been revived and reincarnated several times depending on the game but how long can they keep doing that? In the a link to the past timeline gannon is revived several times or something. I guess going backwards makes more sense and demise has the potential to be cooler than gannon in some regards IMO. Or perhaps it would be interesting to see a game where the sages are first instituted. Rather than finding maidens or or awakening them you have to find people with the aptitude to be sages and once they become the first generation of sages return power to the master sword. Game would have to take place after skyward sword and before OoT though.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Nintendo hinting that the new Zelda Wii U game will have multiplayer?

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post

Is Nintendo hinting that the new Zelda Wii U game will have multiplayer?
    Now thats what im talking about! I hope they dont destroy that "zelda" feeling that all games have though ^^

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn.... finally got to see the video.... now I actually want the damn game.... must resist... maybe get it with mario karts.....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I will be able to finally play Wind Waker.

New Reply
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast