Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zelda Thread!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member erikrhys's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Zelda Thread!

^^
    i just rented the twilight princess the other day, ITS SO MUCH FUN!!! i love the fact that you start off playing as an adult/teen instead of a kid. The Twilight realm is so freaking cool! i love the monster design, especially the ones in the twilight realm!

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member itsumobasho's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're studying Japanese and you like Zelda, I would really recommend getting the Japanese version of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you don't know, the game has a built-in furigana look up feature with the touch screen. A sweet touch for Japanese learners, on top of being the best Zelda game in a long time. I really disliked Twilight Princess because outside of the dungeons, it was really really boring, but Phantom Hourglass is really awesome.

Pics of the furigana feature...

Spoiler show
    *̡͌l̡*̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
    "Fate is building a bridge of
    chance for someone you love."

Current Project: The Beach Stars
    Download it at www.ryColaa.com !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member erikrhys's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

.....wait....you DIDN'T like twilight princess??!?!?!? what's wrong with it?

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member itsumobasho's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

er, I just said. The dungeons in Twilight Princess are really good but everything else is boring to me... there's just too much dead time in the game for me to enjoy it all that much. I got up to the Temple of Time and I decided to stop because I wasn't having fun anymore. Phantom Hourglass on the other hand is actually really really fun outside of the dungeons and getting from island to island is really quick too.
    *̡͌l̡*̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
    "Fate is building a bridge of
    chance for someone you love."

Current Project: The Beach Stars
    Download it at www.ryColaa.com !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GrayFoxx's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I just recently fixed my NES (thank you youtube and burn in hell evil security lockout chip ) and now I can play the first 2 Zelda titles, hooray!

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thsv's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as storyline goes my favourite is Majora's Mask. It was a trial playing it because my N64 was faulty so it would just freeze halfway through a cycle. If you've played it you'll be familiar with the save system so you'll know what my next problem would be.

Even though Majora's Mask is my favourite, I think they hit perfection with Ocarina of Time. I would have chosen Twilight Princess. The world outside the dungeons is huge in comparison to anything before. Just not enough dungeons to make it really challenging

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted it somewhere else, but now I will post it here. There is going to be a new Zelda anime for one of the best Zelda games around : A Link to the Past! Read more here.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=62639

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I myself am a huge zelda fan to say the least. Not sure which would be my favorite though. I lived majora's mask, it had an awesome story and using several races was incredible however I felt the game was too short. I loved the dark stories though. Perhaps ocarina of time was the best. It was the first so it will always have the benefit of being just and and thus more unique.

As far as twilight princess the only thing I didn't like was collecting the tears. I found that to be incredibly tedious in particular. I kinda have a problem with the title too. How does "The legend of Zelda: Twilight princess" makes sense? They could have easily called it as well "The legend of zelda: But no, the story is about an entirely different princess". I guess we can think of the title as being merely a chapter of what a greater whole for the series would be but still.... And I know the game makers intended to be misleading here but there is a difference between being misleading and saying outright nonsense. Being actually misleading would imply some level of wit, nonsense is just nonsense. The one thing I did believe this game to lack was better poes. With how large and awesome the world as a whole was I believe a specific poe side quest, similar to the ocarina of time one, would have been a lot of fun. Just hunting the imp poes like that for relatively small rewards was not all that much fun to say the least. We could at least have gotten a sort of boss or something from doing all of that. The one thing I did thoroughly hate about the game was kakariko village. The place was a deserted hellhole with nothing in it. Why is there a lone indian guy and why in he the only one living in a tent? I am not usually too harsh on games using stereotypes but I just can't fathom how exactly this guy made any sense at all within the context of the game.

As far as the latest skyward sword I am not sure if I liked the new world format contrary to the older ones. While it did ad a bit to the game and the story I felt like exploring the world as a whole was not quite an enjoyable as in other games. One of the things I loved about zelda games is just exploring the world, this game was more limited in that regard. The one thing which frustrates me is beating all the bosses in hero mode from the dragon's quest. I can't pull it off now matter how hard I try. As far as plot though, the revival of the thunder dragon confuses me. He appeared when the song with the whale was played so do we assume he was actually revived in this timeline and when we turn off the time crystal he merely is elsewhere? And when the crystal is on he is at two places at the same time? I feel the whole thing could have been made to make a tad more sense for us simple gamers who pay to much attention to this things and are prone to having our brains explode.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added August 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was August 02, 2012 at 02:04 AM ----------

I finally found myself a copy of The Windwaker for my Gamecube. It took months, but the Gamestop near my university had it. Still can't believe I paid $26.99 for such an old game, but it was hella worth it! XD And that's even Promember's price. I think this will be a good game. =3

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously don't know why I don't own The Windwaker. It and SSBM were my main reasons in getting a GameCube, yet I still didn't buy the game. And now it's so expensive, plus if I play it on my TV it'll probably look real blurry. I'm hoping that it will get ported to the 3DS someday, despite me not actually owning the console (yet).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I finally found myself a copy of The Windwaker for my Gamecube. It took months, but the Gamestop near my university had it. Still can't believe I paid $26.99 for such an old game, but it was hella worth it! XD And that's even Promember's price. I think this will be a good game. =3
    Has there ever been a bad Zelda game?

The art style was a huge departure after OoT and MM. Not many were fans of it at first, but the world looks so cool this way.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never played a bad Zelda game, but I can't really answer the question since I haven't played them all. I'll let you know when that happens though! ;]

Ummm. So I decided to play a little bit of Wind Waker just to make sure the disc worked properly and everything and um... Well, I've completed the second dungeon at this point and this game is fucking awesome, if I don't say so myself. u.u It has several parallels with Skyward Sword, which makes me happy. c:

I looove the music in this game. And I've heard about how a lot of people hate the art style in this game too, Gary, but I don't see why. Obviously, I wouldn't want EVERY game in this style, but I wouldn't mind some more. I think Skyward Sword tried to incorporate Twilight Princess's realistic style with Wind Waker's cell shading. It's so awesome. *_* I'm a huge fan of the setting! So glad I got this game and Gamecube.

...I hope I don't fail my classes.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember any particular parallels between wind waker and skyward sword. Maybe I just haven't played wind waker in way too long though.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am probably buying wii U just so I get to play the new zelda game that is eventually going to come out with it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, when Wind Waker was in development there was a huge boom in games using that cel-shading type of graphics and it just went with the trend. I believe early sneak-peaks of the game didn't have that art style so fans expected one thing and when it was getting closer to being realized in the development stage some people freaked out a bit. The game is freaking epic though, so poop on them.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't remember any particular parallels between wind waker and skyward sword. Maybe I just haven't played wind waker in way too long though.
    They're not always big things, but Beetle is the same store owner as Skyward Sword Beetle (his voice and sayings are even exactly the same). The art style is brighter and more up-beat. The music seems more up-beat and whimsical. Maybe it's just me, but I feel a sort of connection between the two games that just doesn't exist between either with Twilight Princess. Hard to explain I guess. Not to mention, I'm not really that far into the game. You finished the game, right? Was it as awesome as I'm hoping it will be? *_*

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, I am probably buying wii U just so I get to play the new zelda game that is eventually going to come out with it.
    Umm... Pretty much in the exact same boat over here. I'll hopefully wait long enough to where they'll come out with some sort of Wii-U Zelda package deal. They came out with it for Skyward Sword and the black Wii, but only JUST after I got mine. I don't want to have to compete to get my console and pay oodles of cash for the price right when it comes out. I can't wait to hear the reviews on it! And I definitely want to see another motion control Zelda game, especially after the perfection that was Skyward Sword.

Not to mention, I vastly prefer console Zelda games over handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yeah, when Wind Waker was in development there was a huge boom in games using that cel-shading type of graphics and it just went with the trend. I believe early sneak-peaks of the game didn't have that art style so fans expected one thing and when it was getting closer to being realized in the development stage some people freaked out a bit. The game is freaking epic though, so poop on them.
    Occasionally, there are perks to being a Zelda fanatic much later in the game than most. Do you remember what type of art styles the early sneak-peaks had? Now I'm curious. Damn straight it's epic.

New Reply
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast