Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

Of course, we have all these popular game franchises, but what about the games that nobody's ever heard of, that you just happen to enjoy a whole lot?

If you've played anything like that, here's your chance to pimp them to others!

Be sure to include a description of the video game genre, its premise, and why you like it and why you think others would like too, and the systems that it plays on. And if you know, how old the games are, so that others may have an easier time finding them.

Doesn't have to be console games - remember you can talk PC games here too.

Have fun!

Venom65437

Re: Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

I'll be sure to give everyone a few to chew on tomorrow when I have time to give info... and maybe some links

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zypher's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Then i just come to think about a game I loved so mutch as a child, is name is Battle Tanx to nintendo 64 ^^

I love it because it has the special feeling you get when you are in love or realy realy happy.
    I think this trailer will say some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigO7...elated&search=
    you will think it is crap grafic but that does not matter it is the feeling you get when you play and it is a great feeling ^^

I also found this funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRWa...elated&search= ^^

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only say two words: "Tomba" and "Croc" XDD

They were PS games that I played when I was in elementary school, and I loved them.

Tomba was a contemporary side scroller kind of thing about this pink haired kid named Tomba. These evil pigs stole the gold bracelet he'd been given by his grandad. The pigs steal all the gold in the world from some eveil plpot, and tomba tries to stop them and get his bracelet back. twas lots of fun XD

Croc was about this little crocodile who was raised by these little puffballs called Gobbos XD and this king guy kidnaps them and wants to eat them so Croc tries to save them I still have the games and play them on my PS2 XDD

Tomba
    Croc

I'm back :3

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just love Shenmue 1 and 2 and I know there are fans for it too but there should me more its just a great game.
    BoH!
    Thank you to yFANTgirl.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily unknown game, but it's an old game franchise.

Dungeon Keeper
    Dungeon Keeper 2

Dungeon Keeper is one of my first PC games (dating back to 1995). Yeah.. Even now, I sometimes reinstall and play it.

Venom65437

Ok, one game I really like is called Tyrain, which you can download here just click on the link, and then click where it mentions the mirror file. It's a space shoot 'em up type of game, kinda like Gradius, that's a lot of fun to play.

Another one I really like is Warlords 2. It's made by SSG. It's technically a strategy game, but I don't know how much strategy is needed. Either way, it's a lot of fun. Get it here.

I don't know if this isn't well known or what, but you can get the original Heroes of Might and Magic here. It has nothing on the later versions, but if you're a fan and wanted to see where it all started, check it out. It's not a BAD game per say in it's own right, but it shows it's age.

They also have Sim City and Sim City 2000. I'm not going to keep posting tons of links, but you get the idea... go to the site!!!

I'm getting most of these from bestoldgames.com. If I come across anymore I find particularly interesting, I'll post them, but it's worth a look.

By the way, I really can't answer any questions if you have problems downloading. Both links provide instructions and should be easy enough. And remember, it's up to YOU to be sure the files are safe for your computer, so check them out once you get them to be sure. Thanks!

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437
    They also have Sim City and Sim City 2000. I'm not going to keep posting tons of links, but you get the idea... go to the site!!!!
    I LOVED Sim City XDD I used to have so much fun building up the cities and having those random events happen, like being able to put up a haunted house in "october" and parades and stuff and then being able to create natural disasters and make a plague of locusts descend on the dity

I'm back :3

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Adam_xx's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like playing Hide 'n' Seek!

Whaat?

Venom65437

You should get Sim City 4 then, it's quite fun.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Played Sim City myself too, but I'm not too much for strategy games. After a while they just bore me - there IS a strategy-RPG game I absolutely loved though, called Ogrebattle. No, not the latter games, the FIRST one, for the Super Nintendo. One of the best games I ever played.

My best friend couldn't get enough of Sim City though. He borrowed my Sim City game and I don't think I ever got it back, actually. Heh.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ice climber, twinbee, Contra, Crash N' the boys and River City Ransom for the NES.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

dunno if its widely known or not, but tales of symphonia for game cube is the one i game i absolutely love... and i don't know many people who played it...

i played through it about 11 times or so xD
    time for one time: about 60h

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Cannon Fodder 1 or 2, I don't remember.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Venom65437

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Played Sim City myself too, but I'm not too much for strategy games. After a while they just bore me - there IS a strategy-RPG game I absolutely loved though, called Ogrebattle. No, not the latter games, the FIRST one, for the Super Nintendo. One of the best games I ever played.

My best friend couldn't get enough of Sim City though. He borrowed my Sim City game and I don't think I ever got it back, actually. Heh.
    Isn't that the one you said your dad loved so much?

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast