Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zelda Thread!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Zelda Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    They're not always big things, but Beetle is the same store owner as Skyward Sword Beetle (his voice and sayings are even exactly the same). The art style is brighter and more up-beat. The music seems more up-beat and whimsical. Maybe it's just me, but I feel a sort of connection between the two games that just doesn't exist between either with Twilight Princess. Hard to explain I guess. Not to mention, I'm not really that far into the game. You finished the game, right? Was it as awesome as I'm hoping it will be? *_*

Umm... Pretty much in the exact same boat over here. I'll hopefully wait long enough to where they'll come out with some sort of Wii-U Zelda package deal. They came out with it for Skyward Sword and the black Wii, but only JUST after I got mine. I don't want to have to compete to get my console and pay oodles of cash for the price right when it comes out. I can't wait to hear the reviews on it! And I definitely want to see another motion control Zelda game, especially after the perfection that was Skyward Sword.

Not to mention, I vastly prefer console Zelda games over handheld.

Occasionally, there are perks to being a Zelda fanatic much later in the game than most. Do you remember what type of art styles the early sneak-peaks had? Now I'm curious. Damn straight it's epic.
    Ahh, well, I did notice that lol. Well, with skyward sword they did aim to add a more cartoony feel to the game similar to what they did in wind waker. They didn't want to make a game which appeared as "realistic" as twilight princess so to speak. I can see what you mean, with things being more cartoony than realistic it makes sense the paralels would be felt with wind waker.

I already beat the game. twice at that lol. For some reason every now and then I get a need to complete every zelda game again so by now I have beaten all the console games several times. I might go play majora's mask again soon.... Even though I already beat skyward sword I have yet to win with 100% of the items so I might get to that first. Thinking about it I have never gotten 100 skulltullas in ocarina of time...

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

As for a future zelda game, I would love to see full on HD realistic graphics with the proper amount of blood. Ever since wind waker the enemy's death has always been cartoonish. Its getting old by now.... I really would love to see a game which was a tad more serious and dark (like majora's mask but with better graphics maybe).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Occasionally, there are perks to being a Zelda fanatic much later in the game than most. Do you remember what type of art styles the early sneak-peaks had? Now I'm curious. Damn straight it's epic.
    I remember it was more OoT/MM in style. And I also remember when they changed to the cartoony style they altered Link's face a bit. There was some backlash prior to them doing this, but I can't say it was because of fanboy nerd-rage. Nothing a google search won't help with I think. There has to be some Zelda wiki/wikia that compiled all this nerdy shit.

I also remember when Twilight Princess was coming out, all the people who disliked WW's style were like "Finally, Zelda as it's meant to be! " ........

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As for a future zelda game, I would love to see full on HD realistic graphics with the proper amount of blood. Ever since wind waker the enemy's death has always been cartoonish. Its getting old by now.... I really would love to see a game which was a tad more serious and dark (like majora's mask but with better graphics maybe).
    It's Nintendo, I don't see that happening. Especially blood...Zelda is a game that will always be rated-E for Everyone. So there's no way there would be blood in it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they had quite a nice animation of a zelda game with HD graphics back at the wii u presentation a while back. I would think the whole thing is rather cyclical. They made ocarina of time and majora's mask with graphics as realistic as the times allowed, wind waker was cartoonish, twilight princess was more realistic although admittedly with less blood than the 64 games and skyward sword went back to more cartoonish by incorporating things into a realistic design. The wii u is supposed to be a console with great power behind it. Strategically it would make sense to get a zelda game which makes full use of every capacity it has, including graphics.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, they had quite a nice animation of a zelda game with HD graphics back at the wii u presentation a while back. I would think the whole thing is rather cyclical. They made ocarina of time and majora's mask with graphics as realistic as the times allowed, wind waker was cartoonish, twilight princess was more realistic although admittedly with less blood than the 64 games and skyward sword went back to more cartoonish by incorporating things into a realistic design. The wii u is supposed to be a console with great power behind it. Strategically it would make sense to get a zelda game which makes full use of every capacity it has, including graphics.
    There's also a belief that there's a big push by Nintendo to bring in the best developers and not be so picky about what is and what isn't on there console in the way of graphic content.

That being said, that doesn't mean the flagship Nintendo titles are going to change drastically in that manner.

Plus that wasn't a game, it was just a graphics demo.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

errtime i drink and get wasted i awnt to play zelda! yes. Bestgame ever in the existance of video games. no lie no argument.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck, yes, I remember that video but it wasn't BACK THEN when Gamecube was being released <or sth along that time>? I remember freakin' awesome graphics with mature Link fighting someone <some knight, I don't remember it well now> and it was pretty amazing. Some HD graphics liked you said. I still cannot believe they didn't make such a game - it would be more 'adultish', for sure, hyhy xD

Where were you? - bene
    Last edited by benelori; September 11, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

errtime i drink and get wasted i awnt to play zelda! yes. Bestgame ever in the existance of video games. no lie no argument.
    Can you believe that a few days ago I decide to finish the hero quest in skyward sword and realize my wii rechargeable batteries are broken? Kinda wanted to kick myself for that one and now I have to buy actual batteries. I was thinking of playing wind waker again after finally completing the hero quest.

Did anyone ever complete the pictograph quest in wind waker? I just couldn't bring myself to do that, I got a good number of them but it just took so much time....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The legend of Zelda is an awesome game! Too bad I started to appreciate it recently and this made me lose some games.
    Luckily I have been able to find the main games, such as Ocarina of time.
    That is why I hope that the producers will make remakes.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Started playing wind waker today again. Hopefully it won't keep me too busy.

---------- Post added October 18, 2012 at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2012 at 06:51 PM ----------

I thought a few people would enjoy this. This is the games timeline released with the zelda encyclopedia or something with skyward sword(at least that is what I have been lead to believe and it seems official enough).

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's from the official book, Hyrule Historia. You can preorder it from Amazon among other places. ^^

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've lost some games, but I think that the timeline is good.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I played Majora's mask before Ocarina of Time, and that was a HUUUGE mistake. I get bored easily with Ocarina of Time, Majora's mask was so perfect for me (so many side-quests and characters, I can't play without my masks either :/ ). When I play OoT, I always get bored when I become adult Link and then I start playing Majora's Mask again lol. I really hope that someday nintendo will do a Zelda game so dark and with so many side-quests (mask will be appreciated too) as MM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, masks, are definitely a lot of fun but I don't know if I would like another game centered on them. I think that having a game with just a few masks with powers would be ideal and perhaps a must in future games. I can't even explain how much I have missed the bunny hood in every game since MM. I just ended up using it for everything lol. MM was definitely awesome, using 4 different races each with different abilities made all the difference in the game. I loved using the goron transformation to go around, back when I was a kid I think I even spent some time just rolling around killing stuff.

What I do feel every zelda game has been missing since the 64 era are different swords. In OoT and MM you had the biggoron's sword and great fairy sword. Closest thing to those since then was WW where you could pick up weapons but it is still not quite the same as the picked up weapons did not have the same functionality. I think they should make a game which focuses a tad more on using entirely different weapons and having an option to change from the sword. Kinda like having an usable spear and a longsword which could be used with the same more elaborate controls as the normal sword. Side quests have definitely not been the same since the MM. Man, I have played TP, SS and WW recently and not one of them has a quest as good as that one. Only quest I remember that could come close in terms of fun was the biggoron sword one...

Ocarina of time was still epic though, I don't see how you got bored of it. I mean, it had some of the best and hardest dungeons. Even now the water temple is still hell lol.

I have to admit though, I love just how beautifully fluid fighting is in wind waker. It does not have the cool realistic graphics but all in all the game and overall gameplay is just excellent.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably because I enjoy a lot more the investigation/side-quests pre-dungeon that the dungeon itself, that's why I like M M so much, it wasn't so centered in the dungeons.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished OoT for the 3DS (yep finally got one!) the other day and...

Especially the Water Temple. I remember it being pretty hard in the N64, but not once did I need to visit a Sheikah Stone for help in completing it. I confess that I did go to the stone for help twice though: one time to find the one Goron I was missing in the Fire Temple, and one time to find a key in the Shadow Temple (which required me to set a bomb on top of some random bones). I'm not sure if the remake changed anything in the dungeons, but then again Skyward Sword wasn't that hard so maybe I really am getting better. All in all OoT for the 3DS was an awesome remake and I really do hope they do one for MM as well. And also one for WW would be very welcome!

Playing OoT again also made me realize how awesome the puzzles in SS were, in that there was a lot of variety when it came to all the different dungeons. Not that the previous puzzles were any bad, just that SS's were pretty clever and unique.

New Reply
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast