Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zelda Thread!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Zelda Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I played oracle of seasons, oracle of ages and link to the past.... I don't have the means to currently play them though.

Anyways, I think I am going to go for OoT next. Thinking about it it is the only zelda where I have never completed a 100% run. Those skulltulas thingys are just that much of a pain.... I might go for one of those crazy 3 heart runs though, it might keep the game more interesting.... OoT is also the one I have played the least. Definitely majora's mask after that though.
    That's surprising, especially considering how much of a watershed moment that game was for the franchise...actually for adventure games and games in general if you think about it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That's surprising, especially considering how much of a watershed moment that game was for the franchise...actually for adventure games and games in general if you think about it.
    True.... maybe I really need to check my or cartrige just to see how many times I have actually completed the game lol. Thinking about the master quest came out along with wind waker which would mean I also had the game through the gamecube years... I think I should have completed the game at least once in the master quest so perhaps I have played that game more than I thought. Game came out when I was either 6 or 8 years old so I really can't remember.... I really need to see if my old cartridges and N64 work lol.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've been on the search for Four Swords ever since I got a Gamecube. I walked to the Gamestop by work the other day on my break to see if they sold GameCube games at that location and the employee said, "the company no longer carries Gamecube games anymore!" But he suggested I try a place called Entertain Mart. Turns out there's one right next to my university.

I went in, and guess what I found! The Legend of Zelda : Four Swords Adventures! =D I now have a perfect addition to my little sister's Christmas gift. I think I'll be able to get a couple of Gameboy Advances at Game X Change so that we can play it together too.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I am jealous. As far as gameboy games the only ones I played are a link to the past and the oracle ones... I always wanted to play four swords and the original zelda (which is supposed to be pretty hard) in particular. I always thought about getting them online and playing them through emulators but I have just been too lazy to look around. I don't have any realistic chance of finding them in any other way though. I wish my country had amazon or ebay without those insane international rates for delivery.... Maybe I should just look for my old gameboy and see if it works and give a link to the past a another run.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to play Four Swords, but apparently you can't play it alone...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I am jealous. As far as gameboy games the only ones I played are a link to the past and the oracle ones... I always wanted to play four swords and the original zelda (which is supposed to be pretty hard) in particular. I always thought about getting them online and playing them through emulators but I have just been too lazy to look around. I don't have any realistic chance of finding them in any other way though. I wish my country had amazon or ebay without those insane international rates for delivery.... Maybe I should just look for my old gameboy and see if it works and give a link to the past a another run.
    You haven't played the original Zelda?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    You haven't played the original Zelda?
    Yeah, I can't explain how much that sucks for me.... Someday definitely.... I remember someone I know playing pokemon games in a phone (a blackberry in particular), how cool would it be to do that with all the gameboy, nes and super nintendo games lol.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can't explain how much that sucks for me.... Someday definitely.... I remember someone I know playing pokemon games in a phone (a blackberry in particular), how cool would it be to do that with all the gameboy, nes and super nintendo games lol.
    I remember when I sat down and finally beat it. I can't remember how old I was, but there are some games that you don't play much at a certain age, mainly because you have the attention span of a goldfish.

I grew up having an Atari and an NES and they were always around for as long back as I could remember. So it was some years later when I could give attention to it to finally sit down and beat it. I remember playing them with my Dad, and hearing them being played when I was in bed trying to sleep. I even remember finding out that my MOM had tried to play the NES and seemed to start doing regularly for a while. But she always denied it I guess she was afraid of the teasing. Weird how some things become a part of your childhood. I guess this is pretty commonplace nowadays, oh well

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What you guys have to say about Skyward sword? I didn't play it but it sounded pretty well made when I saw it on the net.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Skyward Sword is one of the best games of 2011, TheBoss. And with my unadulterated, completely biased opinion, it is THE best game of 2011. I don't know that I will ever have as much fun playing a game as I did with Skyward Sword, but I hope that I do! It has its flaws like all video games, but the gameplay was just wonderful. I would literally play it for 8 hours straight on my winter break between semesters and be like, "where did the time go??" I think that's a sign of a great game. The motion controls are what really brought it to life for me.

Definitely give it a shot!!

---------- Post added January 02, 2013 at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

So there was this DS Lite in the lost and found at work for three months and I finally said, "fuck it, I'm taking this home!" XD It's red and beautiful and I bought Phantom Hourglass today. I have to finish The Wind Waker first (getting close), but it's going to be awesome.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Skyward Sword is one of the best games of 2011, TheBoss. And with my unadulterated, completely biased opinion, it is THE best game of 2011. I don't know that I will ever have as much fun playing a game as I did with Skyward Sword, but I hope that I do! It has its flaws like all video games, but the gameplay was just wonderful. I would literally play it for 8 hours straight on my winter break between semesters and be like, "where did the time go??" I think that's a sign of a great game. The motion controls are what really brought it to life for me.

Definitely give it a shot!!

---------- Post added January 02, 2013 at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

So there was this DS Lite in the lost and found at work for three months and I finally said, "fuck it, I'm taking this home!" XD It's red and beautiful and I bought Phantom Hourglass today. I have to finish The Wind Waker first (getting close), but it's going to be awesome.
    Look nao, a Zelda manga one-shot especially from the skyward sword D:
    Too bad its only translated to spanish but its only a matter of time I guess xD

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I think that's included in the Zelda art book

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that it was in Hyrule Historia, yeah. And it's ok, TheBoss. n_n I've actually read it in English. I downloaded it somewhere a few weeks back. Sorry that I don't have the link anymore!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it was in Hyrule Historia, yeah. And it's ok, TheBoss. n_n I've actually read it in English. I downloaded it somewhere a few weeks back. Sorry that I don't have the link anymore!
    Humm I tried to find but I didnt xP guess i have to look into the dark side of the internet xD

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be waiting there for you.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast