Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    Do you guys liked FF 8? I've seen so many criticism about it, but still 8 was one of my favorites; hearing Eyes on Me was just, great, and Laguna was one of my favorites characters, and not only that, but the game has some adult story, which I thought fits so well in the context...
    Definitely, I love it. Definitely the most underrated Final Fantasy game, right next to IX. It's my favorite story, Laguna is amazing, Squall and Rinoa had so much depth and originality to them, the whole epic scale of the plot was great. While it was slightly cliched, it's ten fold better than anything I've played in recent years, save for FFX, which came close, but that was still a while back.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Proofreaders 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nantalith's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26451.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32365.html

you guys should see this. Totally bad-ass. Thanks again, xophy, for the link! Tifa owns!
    Holy. Hell. Alchemist.

I also like VIII because I like Squall. But I think many don't like it because it followed VII. And VII is so fantastic that VIII was a let down for some. I view each game as a unit and rate it on it's own merrits. X is my favourite though... and I cry (tears down my face) every time I see the end. But I LOVE the gameplay of XII and I like the gambits. As soon as I can find IX, I'm buying it.
    Uchiha fans are cool!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nantalith View Post
    Holy. Hell. Alchemist.

I also like VIII because I like Squall. But I think many don't like it because it followed VII. And VII is so fantastic that VIII was a let down for some. I view each game as a unit and rate it on it's own merrits. X is my favourite though... and I cry (tears down my face) every time I see the end. But I LOVE the gameplay of XII and I like the gambits. As soon as I can find IX, I'm buying it.
    Ah, you really should. It's such an amazing game. It's old school in it's execution, but adds subtle elements that make it feel like a fresh, new Final Fantasy game, it's really wonderful. The characters are some of the most memorable out of any FF game to date, the music is, as usual, wonderful, and most of all the storyline is just as emotional and involved as X, even without the voice acting. Highly underrated game.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard so but I've been very careful to not read anything related to the story so that when I do find it, it will be completely new and exciting.

I've also heard it's similar in genre to FFI - I loved FFI so I'm in much anticipation.
    Uchiha fans are cool!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FF XII Thread: Talk Away!!!

Hey, Sasuke! it's not 10, 15% of chances to obtain a zodiac spear! it's 1 in 1000!!

Mendes, good luck to you to achieve the spear!

the formula is:

you have 10% of chance to find a chest in the specific part of Henne Mines, and if the chest appears, you have about other 10% of chance to find a item; and if a item appears, you have more 10% of chances to find the Zodiac spear!

10% X 10% X 10% = 1/1000!!!

I never got this spear, damn, you're so luck, Sasuke_kai!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke_kai is cheater loool its impossible! Dude how lucky can you be? Still, 0.1% of odds seem exaggerating. It's probably something like 1% or so, i guess...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EvilGenious's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the game, but I'm not even an hour into it yet (darn school and work!). I have heard that it would take a long time to complete the game (100+ hours). Any recommendations on what I should have my characters learn?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

There's actually, I believe, 3 Zodiac Spears that you can find in one game. Somebody claimed that on youtube somewhere. But it's so hard I doubt it's worth trying... I think doing everything possible in FF XII just serves to burn you out a bit from it all. I think they just made it too annoying to find everything, maybe. Now if everything was a little more fun instead of just plain tedious, I'd be all cool with how long it took to, for example, find the Larva Eater.

But bleh, you know how you get too lazy to do something? I never felt that way in a RPG or any other game until I played FF XII. LoL. I'm usually a completist but not with that game, I guess. Well, I guess I came close to it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenious View Post
    I have the game, but I'm not even an hour into it yet (darn school and work!). I have heard that it would take a long time to complete the game (100+ hours). Any recommendations on what I should have my characters learn?
    All the characters learn the same thing basically. That's one of the flaws of the game, they're all carbon copies of each other as far as skills and stuff like that, except for Espers. They're only unique as far as their dialogue in the actual story. So don't worry about that.

You can actually complete the game in under 100 hours easily, its the sidequests and everything else around the storyline that takes you far longer than that. I think the average is 160 hours for somebody who wants to do everything in FF XII.

The thing to really hunt for are helpful items and weapons and armor and all that, really. Some accessories are really valuable - equipping Nihopalaoa, for example, and then using a Remedy on a monster, is the equivalent of doing a 'Bad Breath' attack on them - inflicts all kinds of negative status effects. Works on even bosses a lot of times. When I found out about that, it made a lot of battles much more easier for me to do early in the game. Stuff like that are useful to know.

Later in the game, you'll want to learn how to use Lure and use it on your tank so that you don't have so many of your guys hurt. Reverse is supposed to be very nice too because it reverts damage into healing but I never really could get the knack of it (it goes away when the Reversed character does something, I think.)

Oh, and try to get some of your Quickenings early on.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; April 17, 2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want something like FFI, I recommend getting FF Anthology and playing FF5 and FF6 (or play them however you can get them, whatever works.) FF4 is good too.

FF IX is fun and all but it didn't really capture the same feeling as the first game for me. It's just taking from the same sources is all. Sure, Vivi looks like a black mage but that's it, lol.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    If you want something like FFI, I recommend getting FF Anthology and playing FF5 and FF6 (or play them however you can get them, whatever works.) FF4 is good too.

FF IX is fun and all but it didn't really capture the same feeling as the first game for me. It's just taking from the same sources is all. Sure, Vivi looks like a black mage but that's it, lol.
    Yeah, when remembering FF8 or FF7 I recall having a good time, those games were a really good experience. Good story and fun gameplay. But FF9 didn't really have any depth to it, to be honest.
    (And I got really annoyed when you had to rename Garnet to Dagger (not have, but as a part of the story). <.<)
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

While I think FF IX was kind of a step backwards, they did have pretty cool cutscenes regardless. You'll still have fun with it Nantalith, just don't get your hopes too high.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post

FF Anthology?
    Uchiha fans are cool!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt know about the Reverse-Remedy combo... very nice. Against bosses I usually use reverse and decoy on the same character as a 1st priority gambit, so that character gets hit by every enemy and heals instead of taking damage. The reverse effect only work for a few seconds tough

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member admirenkiwi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

ehh, i have the games.
    played for a bit of each then quit...never finished any.
    the story makes me sad. its...very lonely.
    i LOVE the artwork though. always.
    favorite chars whould be (cloud)(vincent)(zack)(auron)(reno)(sephiroth)
    i wouldnt say i like spells.
    and if i dated anyone, it'll be all the guys i named on my fav chars

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nantalith View Post
    FF Anthology?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Anthology

They re-released FF5 and FF6 for the PS1 - that's what I have, since I pawned/lost my SNES and all my SNES games some time before that (ugh, the days of being a starving college student, lol.)

New Reply
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast