Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Another FFXIII VS update. I copied and pasted the important parts:

Quote Quote:
    Regarding Versus, he said, "Versus has had many difficulties, and past method of production have been completely inapplicable, but these are the difficulties of birth, so we are working hard. We have a lot to announce, but because we're going in order, I can't say too much yet."
    Quote Quote:
    Continuing on Versus, Nomura added, "There have been many questions regarding fields. It's not a completely open world. It's like the 2D FF games in HD. Although, in terms of looks, it's not a top-down view, it's like the screenshots that have been released. You'll move through the world from that view."

The screenshots Nomura is referring to were first shared in Dengeki PlayStation and Famitsu in late June. They depict the action from a third person view, behind-the-back of main character Noctis.
    Quote Quote:
    Nomura also touched briefly upon development progress for both Agito and Versus. "Agito and Versus have different production styles and progress states, but they're both presently undergoing voice casting. 3rd's recording will end shortly. Next up is Agito."

A little snippet about the game technology:

Quote Quote:
    Related to the advancing technology discussion, Nomura wrote a bit about Final Fantasy Versus XIII. He was recently shown a movie sequence from the game and was surprised to see that that the movies have reached a whole new level beyond what's been shown thus far. "The in-game areas are advancing in a variety of ways, but definitely look forward to the advancing video work of our own Visual Works as well. It's like real footage."

Nomura reveals his plans for Versus and Agito for TGS. I guess he'll combine footages from both games into one video.

In other news, it has been confirmed that Versus will not be out in 2011... obviously.
    Last edited by riki; August 26, 2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: More news

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

he is putting Agito and Versus into a minute trailer of just gamplay. at TGS

Versus is showing footage from the pics we saw in the famitsu magazine

Agito is brand new as nothing been seen yet.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hajime Tabata tweeted some more info.

- Agito will enter its completion phrase after The 3rd Birthday is complete. The event scenes are not finished yet but the real-time components are coming along. As for the TGS PV:

Quote Quote:
    Agito will appear at TGS as well, although only in PV form. This trailer, Tabata said, is extremely short, but he feels frame by frame it's well done.
    - Habata hinted about Versus's TGS PV:

Quote Quote:
    Tabata brought up Final Fantasy Versus XIII in his next Tweet: "On that note, Versus. That scene in the PV. I think it will make you shake."
    Luckily, it looks like Square Enix is thinking about uploading the PVs online so we can see it.

Nomura made an interesting tweet:

Quote Quote:
    Wrote the Versus XIII director at The 3rd Birthday Twitter: "Multiplatform is when you start development on a game with the assumption of optimizing for multiple platforms. Porting is something that's done after you've developed a game specifically for a particular platforms. The debate over porting is decided by the management based off the current market and the costs. All I can say right now as a developer is that Versus is being developed specifically for the PlayStation 3."
    Last edited by riki; September 07, 2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Dissdia Final Fantasy is getting a sequal

was confirmed in Shouen Jump this week

scan

anybody else played first one n what you think

i loved it Squall was main character i used of course still the best FF character ever to me

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Andriasang, the game will be called Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy and two new characters are Lightning (XIII) and Kain (IV). There might be a demo at TGS as well.

Some screenshots for Dissida Duodecim have been posted. It looks like Cecil and Garland will be back for the game.

There will also be new maps, new BGM, new battle system elements, and an improved communication system.

More DD FF info. It's mostly about game play, which includes assist attacks but it also reveals other returning characters"

Quote Quote:
    * FFXIII Lightning (Assist: Warrior of Light)
    * FFIV Kain (Assist: Cecil)
    * FF Warrior of Light (Assist: Tidus)
    * FFVI Tina (Assist: Onion Knight)
    * FFVII Cloud (Assist Sephiroth)
    * FFIX Kuja (Assist Zidan)
    * FFII Firion (Assist Tidus)

Someone has secretly taped the FFXIII Vs and Agito trailers and posted them online.
    Last edited by riki; September 17, 2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I saw the trailers before with my friend. Versus trailer was sweet. There was no words on the screen other than just straight up combat so I'm still in the dark on what the combat style for the game will be. . Either way it still looks amazing .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it does. Hopefully it will be better than XIII. ^^

Tifa Lockheart will be in the new Dissidia game.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That almost sounds like you didn't like XIII Riki ..........I know the ending had some holes but the game as a whole was amazing IMO. . If anything I'd want it to be better than XIII because I found it to be an amazing game and then that would make VSXIII an EVEN MORE amazing game .

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

13 was good...combat is dull at begninng but soon as get to Jurassic Park (Gran Pulse) the game gets more exciting...the ending was fail...predictable n so short..the intro was longer..i miss the old FF days where you expect a main character to die any point in story now FF doesnt seem to try to shock anymore.

versus looks promising altho the trailer is what seen before n was pointless showing it a TGS..il wait til 11 jan now for there conferance for better details..at moment it seems it could be a FF8 beater..the main hero looks cool as squall.

rather have Cid or Vincent from FF7 but Tifa only there for the fanboys
    Last edited by Hystzen; September 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XIII is good but I miss the exploration. At least the music especially the battle ones is very catchy. ^^

Yeah, I think Tifa is there for the fanboys. I wonder who else will be included? I have a feeling Snow would be there just to piss off Lightning.

Nomura announced that they are slowly going to release all of the closed theater's PVs and the first one is Dissida 012.

Kain has a similar transformation like Cecil's in which he can transform into a Holy Dragoon.
    Last edited by riki; September 22, 2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

dunno why nomura slowly bringing them out.

the only one people care about FF13vs n Agito where only 30secsonds and showed nothing new...it was leaked

unless he brings out extended trailers i be excited..

il post it here

but on January 11th there is the fabla nova crystal conferance which will be huge amounts of info bout FF13 series..so gota wait til then for something new n tasty...altho i wonder when the game comes out it be 2012 n prob world end

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nomura tweeted more FFXIII VS info:

Quote Quote:
    Wrote Nomura, "Yesterday, we had meetings about three sections -- maps, events and battles. For the map section, I checked the problem areas that had been fixed. The staff had gone beyond the requests and and filled them with playful elements. I put in orders for additional areas as well."

Nomura's got a bit specific about what he was checking on the maps:

* The look of a forest that you can see once you've cleared a narrow mountain path.
    * Things that are required when leaving the city by moving on the roofs of buildings.
    * The positioning of the bookshelves in shops
    * How flags are standing
    * How the sea is handled on the world map
    * The roads you can see from the air ship
    * The length of bridges

Regarding events, Nomura said he can't say too much without providing spoilers. He's checking such things as:

* The look on a character during a short cut in a scene where he or she is leaving.
    * Explanation of a fathers feelings during a conversation scene.
    * The areas that they want to have connected seamlessly, and the areas that they want to connect via cuts.
    * Explanations about the heroines movements.

For both of these areas, Nomura was attempting to convey that the check work goes down to detailed levels.

Regarding battles, Nomura checked up on menu areas yesterday. "We're doing lots of trial and error on this. When you say Final Fantasy, you think of enemy damage figures flying out and showing player HP. What will we do with these in the action-heavy Versus?"
    He also mentioned that the staff is considering a twitter account for this game and Agito.

More Dissida 012 info is posted.

Producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama hinted that there might be a FF XIII-2 game in an interview. They also discussed about DLC problems (they couldn't do any due to the different game consoles and how they work) and future developments.

Square Enix USA has translated the TGS trailer for Dissidia 012.

The TGS trailer for Agito and XIII VS is up. Agito looks pretty intriguing.

Nomura answered some questions about XIII VS TGS Trailer.

Quote Quote:
    The opening sequence of the Versus trailer which shows a close-up of main character Noctis is part of a pre-rendered movie, said Nomura. Everything else is real time footage of the game being actually controlled.

Regarding the sequences showing Noctis running about, Nomura said that you can traverse these areas on foot as shown in the trailer, but he believes most people will opt for transportation via car.

Regarding the ending battle sequence with the giant behemoth, Nomura said that they slowed the speed down just a bit from the real thing. The reason for this is that Noctis' speed is actually so fast that you can't see him clearly.

Vaan's seiyuu mentioned about voicing the character again - is this a hint that Vaan will be in Dissida 012?

Speaking of Dissidia, Tifa's alt. costume will be her Advent Children one. Interestingly, she also doesn't recognize Cloud either.

The developers of FFXIII discussed what they think went wrong with the game. They believed it's because the team did not have a shared vision of what the game should be.

More Dissidia 012 updates. The characters will have a third alternate costumes called Third Form.

Quote Quote:
    Cloud's Third Form costume is a design from Yoshitaka Amano. Cecil wears a white costume that comes from the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV. Golbez sports his Final Fantasy IV The After look. Sephiroth's Third Form appears to be his unaltered FFVII costume.
    You can see their third costumes here.

They also discuss more info about the Assist Moves system.

The US localization of Dissidia 012 is already in progress.

More info about Dissidia 012. There will be 4-10 new characters in the game.
    Last edited by riki; October 22, 2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Charlie-San
    Post Bump so riki can make a new post rather an auto-merge.

Cloud looks awesome btw.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Square Enix has updated their Dissidia 012 website. The Assist System is explained and check out the EX Mode gameplay trailer.

Square Enix has trademarked the name, Duodecim Prologus, in NA and Europe. Is this a hint of another Dissidia game?
    Last edited by riki; November 03, 2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I am a big fan of FFIX. What is the general perception of that particular installment? I also read that the maker of the game actually thought that was the version which most resembles what he thinks is an ideal FF game (wikipedia though) and that is the game he would like to make a sequel for the most. Hopefully he will someday get to that, I would actually buy a game console solely for that game lol.

New Reply
Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast