Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 788

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

  1. #526
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    thanks juunior, looks like it's a consensus that FF6 and FF7 are the best, at least what I've read here.
    Did you play all FF games? If yes, how would you rate FF6/FF7 in comparison to FF9?

    Think I'm gonna buy at least FF7 even though it's kinda expensive
    I played all final fantasy games & finished almost all (I didn't finish 1,2,4 & 5). For most people, their favourite FF is the first one they played but in terms of absolute quality, Final Fantasy 6 is in a league of its own. Final Fantasy 6 is not just the best final fantasy, it's probably the best RPG game ever made (taking in account the available technology at the time). The story, the pace, the characters, ... Everything was exceptional. The only RPG game which can compete with FF6 is an other Squaresoft jewel: Chrono Trigger.

    Final Fantasy 7 is a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the best RPG of all time but it's not the absolute best. FF7 received this status because it was the FF known worldwide. Basically, US & Europe discovered FF with FF7.

    FF9 was a good final fantasy (in my top 5) but it wasn't very original in my opinion. The pace wasn't as good as in FF6/FF7 and characters were far less interesting than in FF6.

    My personal classement:
    1) FF8: Because it was my first FF and it was a shock. I never played RPG before & since that game, I'm an RPG addict. So, FF8 have a great importance in my gaming history ... probably the most important. It's a "coup de coeur", not rational but I just love this game ... mayble blind love .

    2) FF6
    3) FF7
    4) FF9
    ... Then there is a gap for me ...
    5) FF10: Why no world map Squaresoft ? WHYYYYYYY?
    ... Another gap ...
    6) FF3 (the DS remake)
    7) FF12: Honestly, it's just that high because of the "star wars" feeling I had while playing it. Graphics & Gameplay were also very good but Vaan is probably the worst hero in FF history. And the story & villains are completely anecdotic.
    8) FF4: Would rank higher if I didn't try it right after FF6 ...
    9) FF5
    10) FF1 & 2
    ... huge gap ...
    11) FF13: How to destroy a licence in one game. I was already a little disappointed when FF10 came out (I expected more). But FF13 is just a disaster in every way. Good graphics & good battle system is not enough for me when you have that linearity, those stupid characters, a "not-so-great" world & a "meh" story.

    I'm sure that FF1->5 would rank higher if those games were not so old. And also because FF6 showed us the perfection of the 8-16bits era. After FF6, any old school RPG are just dull for me.

    I didn't count FFX-2, tactics & revenant wings because I don't consider those ones as "REAL" ff
    Last edited by zelllogan; November 04, 2011 at 08:45 AM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #527
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    I agree on most counts though I don't think FF7 is overrated as I liked it more than FF6. But I think that tends to be a matter of personal preference more than anything else. Since both those games were so good.

    (Though I actually don't think either were the best RPG's I've played. For me that's Suikoden 2.)

    I have very mixed feelings about FF8. On the one hand it really was a deep and fun RPG, aside from the last dungeon, which I thought was really annoying. On the other hand I blame it for FF10, FF12, and FF13. Because FF8 marked the first time that the series tried adopting a realistic art style. Which I consider to be a terrible mistake. Causing Final Fantasy games to end up being extremely expensive to make, and resulting in too much style over substance.

    I would rather see an RPG look like it was made using RPG Maker 2 than for it to look amazing and have no decent story, characters, or sense of immersion.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

  4. #528
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    If its the question of the first FF game played, I played FF4 from Snes - then, if I recall correctly, I played 1-3, then 5 and so on. Still, FF6 is my nr1 in FF games department <still remember the first time I played that game - freakin' awesome feeling> Though its not like its my favourite rpg game of all time, just from FF games. <or jrpg, whatever xd>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  5. #529
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    More FFXIII-2 info about paradigms, battle balance and monster collection has been posted

  6. #530
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    If its the question of the first FF game played, I played FF4 from Snes - then, if I recall correctly, I played 1-3, then 5 and so on. Still, FF6 is my nr1 in FF games department <still remember the first time I played that game - freakin' awesome feeling> Though its not like its my favourite rpg game of all time, just from FF games. <or jrpg, whatever xd>
    You know I think I may have actually played Final Fantasy on the NES first. It was not exactly a great first impression, I remember thinking it was not a very good game and how it was vastly inferior to the Legend of Zelda and Super Contra.

    I feel old all of a sudden.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 08, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

  7. #531
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    @Jammin, I will be honest here: I played them when I had a computer on S/Nes emulator and roms If it means for 'training' my teams, I always used some area and put the emulator to speed up the process for my fights xP Oh well, I couldn't resist that on FF 1-3 on Nes emulator <though I think I shouldn't bother telling it here xP>

    That aside: Contra was fantastic, especially for 2 players <so much fun xD>
    That aside x2: it seems from the reviews that the new remake of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time on 3DS is fantastic xP
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  8. #532
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    SE is going to release a FXIII-2 Collector's Edition in NA.

  9. #533
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    @Jammin, I will be honest here: I played them when I had a computer on S/Nes emulator and roms If it means for 'training' my teams, I always used some area and put the emulator to speed up the process for my fights xP Oh well, I couldn't resist that on FF 1-3 on Nes emulator <though I think I shouldn't bother telling it here xP>

    That aside: Contra was fantastic, especially for 2 players <so much fun xD>
    That aside x2: it seems from the reviews that the new remake of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time on 3DS is fantastic xP
    Hahaha....

    Anyway roms are definitely the way to play those games now. Reducing load times down to less than a second and being able to speed up any part of a game is very useful when grinding.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

  10. #534
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    You know what would be a really cool idea, and not at all expensive? Remake the 3D Final Fantasy games in 2D ! Just imagine playing them with sprites and a top-down view. Maybe even make the gameplay a little more traditional? I doubt SE would actually do think of doing that though.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #535
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    You know what would be a really cool idea, and not at all expensive? Remake the 3D Final Fantasy games in 2D ! Just imagine playing them with sprites and a top-down view. Maybe even make the gameplay a little more traditional? I doubt SE would actually do think of doing that though.
    That would be great if only to see how Final Fantasy 13 would come out. Man, without the visuals I bet that game would belong in the "bad video game hall of fame".
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

  13. #536
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    A new FFXIII-2 trailer which depicted Lightning's battle with Caius


  14. #537
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I have very mixed feelings about FF8. On the one hand it really was a deep and fun RPG, aside from the last dungeon, which I thought was really annoying. On the other hand I blame it for FF10, FF12, and FF13. Because FF8 marked the first time that the series tried adopting a realistic art style. Which I consider to be a terrible mistake. Causing Final Fantasy games to end up being extremely expensive to make, and resulting in too much style over substance.

    I would rather see an RPG look like it was made using RPG Maker 2 than for it to look amazing and have no decent story, characters, or sense of immersion.
    I've to defend FF8 and FF10. Since FF8 was my very first Final Fantasy and RPG game in general and FF10 being the first one that I completly beat^^, think that they did a great job with the graphics in my opinion, that's what impressed me back then. But I also agree with you that the quality of the following games decreased by a great margin, it all started to went downhill with FF 10-2 and the recent FF13 many fans dislike that one for many reasons...

    If they put all of their efforts like they did with Crisis Core then we can say that SE is on the right track concerning FF Versus.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  15. #538
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Is FF13 worth buying? I heard it is very linear but still a pretty good game. I haven't played any of the other FF series....

  16. #539
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by shuha27 View Post
    Is FF13 worth buying? I heard it is very linear but still a pretty good game. I haven't played any of the other FF series....
    It's an interactive adventure game with a good gameplay, awesome graphics & some RPG components. All in all, it's still a good game ... but a bad/very bad final fantasy.

  17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #540
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    It's an interactive adventure game with a good gameplay, awesome graphics & some RPG components. All in all, it's still a good game ... but a bad/very bad final fantasy.
    Is it in a sense comparable to Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus? The last Final Fantasy game that I played was on the PSP: Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, which had a similar gameplay to Kingdom Hearts.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

New Reply
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts