Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Lightning Returns has a fun fighting system, I really like it, but the story is garbage like the prequels'.
    Lightning is still not doing it for me. I wonder why new FF players like those games so much. Apart from kinda good visuals there is nothing.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Lightning Returns has a fun fighting system, I really like it, but the story is garbage like the prequels'.
    Lightning is still not doing it for me. I wonder why new FF players like those games so much. Apart from kinda good visuals there is nothing.
    I have no clue.

Maybe we were just spoiled by games like FF7. It's like going from filet mignon to those rawhide chews you buy for dogs.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

It's common most new players prefer graphics over story and traditional gameplay.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I have no clue.

Maybe we were just spoiled by games like FF7. It's like going from filet mignon to those rawhide chews you buy for dogs.
    Honestly spoken, I don't get the hype regarding FF7 either. It was a good game (with many bugs) but that is it. I prefered Crysis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. My favourite would be FF8. Especially thanks to the theory regarding the final enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    It's common most new players prefer graphics over story and traditional gameplay.
    Well the gameplay is not the problem. As I said, the fighting system is really fun.
    It is just that the story is garbage and the characters are no fun at all. (Apart from Hope and Serah. I liked them.)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, FFVII is a game where there was an honest bit of strategy involved in the fighting system. Its not just about gaining levels and becoming stronger, the materia combination system is flexible enough to allow for quite a few different approaches to any given battle. FFIX was mostly about finding items and get skills and FFVIII was more about giving the right spells to the right creatures and not so much about combinations. FFX is just a vaguely different from normal level up. In comparison the case can be made that FFVII does kinda have an extra level of strategy compared to other games in the series (at least from what I gather at least). FFX gives you freedom in the paths you can take but IMO its not that different from normal leveling up. Ultimately giving your characters all skills kinda beats the purpose of actual strategy.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ultimately giving your characters all skills kinda beats the purpose of actual strategy.
    Not if you use the other sphere board in the beginning. With that you can be way more tactical although of course if you level everyone to the max you gain every skill. But so was FFVII. Everyone could use every materia and in the end it is about finding the best summons.
    In that regard FFVIII was similar although I doubt anyone used magic in a fight.

Only looking at the the story, FFVIII is my favourite. FFVII isn't even in my top 5 to be honest. Sephiroth was a cool guy though. Especially in the movie.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

True, everyone could use every materia however stats within characters varied a bit which affects materia performance (although cloud was the best at everything from what I recall) and my point is more along the lines of you having some degree of freedom to combine stuff. Summons are not really that important IMO, at least after a point. There is a damage limit and the only one that hits multiple times is KOTR. At least by the end of the game I would think hit all or 4x would be more effective than summons (or perhaps a bit weaker but at least you avoid the summon sequence).

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever play Final Fantasy Tactics Sky?

Storywise, I think that one was my favorite of the Final Fantasy games. Even though I liked the Final Fantasy VII for just the amount of fun I had with it. I liked Final Fantasy VIII pretty well but it lost some points with me due to how convoluted things got toward the end; and I really didn't like the draw magic system at all.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly the Materia system was nice and added more freedom to the battle and I had loved it if FFXIII-3s costumes would work like that but it is a thing of the past. Regarding tactics I prefer to change them according to the progress of the battle. In that regard, FFXIII and its sequels really kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Did you ever play Final Fantasy Tactics Sky?
    I did but I didn't like it to be honest. I prefer battles like FF XIII, not a "chess-like" system.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

The original FF Tactics was weird...reallly good game, but what I hated was using magic. Sometimes it took so long to use the magic that the enemy would move and you'd miss...yes it makes you think even more, but it was sort of retarded to me,especially after playing Tactics Advanced.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

people who just happened to be around.
    Furthermore it was never said how long the calm is. So why is it "bullshit" that only five summoners made it? If there wasn't a summoner around, Sin was around and destroyed cities which were developed. Nothing more.
    Furthermore dream is the wrong word. "Dream Zanarkand" did exist in the real world.
    If you remember the Kilika village wasn't that large at all. Luca was pretty large, but somehow, the crusaders protected it (Lul wat?) with all their might. How? I have no idea, when the best tech weapons the heathens (Al-bhed) could harvest were not even able to dent its shield. Clam period is not THAT hard to work out. Braska defeated Sin when Yuna was seven. This means Chappu, Lulu, and Wakka had already lost their parents.

Now, Auron gave yuna to Kimarihi (I believe that's how it's pronounced) and died at the steps of mount Gagazet. Now Kimirai brought Yuna to Island of Besaid and stayed there. After some time, Chappu used a sacrilegious weapon, didn't prey at the stone at the hill, and died. This must have happened before Yuna decided to become a summoner and after being brought into the village. When Yuna becomes a full-fledged summoner, she's 17. She had been training for a while at the temple. Now, let's hypothetically calculate the period of calm. Braska defeats Sin when Yuna is 7. Some time when Chappy has grown into a young man, he dies, killed by Sin. Sometime after immediately, Yuna starts training.

Give or take roughly 7 - 8 years had passed after Sin was reborn and Yuna decided to take up the role of the Summoner again. Yeah, the whole humanity surviving for 1000 long years when the calm hardly lasts for not even a decade seems quite feasible. As for Dream Zanarkand, then No, it doesn't exist in real world, only the damn rubble does. I was also not talking about that, I was referring to dream, as in Tidua and Jeckt. They are dreams of the Fayth and in turn, Sin as well, if the game logic hold true given the mass scale summoning at the foot hills of Zanarkand.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    If you remember the Kilika village wasn't that large at all. Luca was pretty large, but somehow, the crusaders protected it (Lul wat?) with all their might. How? I have no idea, when the best tech weapons the heathens (Al-bhed) could harvest were not even able to dent its shield. Clam period is not THAT hard to work out. Braska defeated Sin when Yuna was seven. This means Chappu, Lulu, and Wakka had already lost their parents.

Now, Auron gave yuna to Kimarihi (I believe that's how it's pronounced) and died at the steps of mount Gagazet. Now Kimirai brought Yuna to Island of Besaid and stayed there. After some time, Chappu used a sacrilegious weapon, didn't prey at the stone at the hill, and died. This must have happened before Yuna decided to become a summoner and after being brought into the village. When Yuna becomes a full-fledged summoner, she's 17. She had been training for a while at the temple. Now, let's hypothetically calculate the period of calm. Braska defeats Sin when Yuna is 7. Some time when Chappy has grown into a young man, he dies, killed by Sin. Sometime after immediately, Yuna starts training.

Give or take roughly 7 - 8 years had passed after Sin was reborn and Yuna decided to take up the role of the Summoner again. Yeah, the whole humanity surviving for 1000 long years when the calm hardly lasts for not even a decade seems quite feasible. As for Dream Zanarkand, then No, it doesn't exist in real world, only the damn rubble does. I was also not talking about that, I was referring to dream, as in Tidua and Jeckt. They are dreams of the Fayth and in turn, Sin as well, if the game logic hold true given the mass scale summoning at the foot hills of Zanarkand.
    At that point Jecht already "controlled" the monster. He did everything he could to force Tidus to come to him.
    It is still the truth. There isn't a fixed amount of time for the calm. It is over when it is over.

Your wrong . There is no such thing like a dream world. It does exist in the real world and is somewhere close to the temple of Baaj. Sin also existed to keep everyone away from it. The real Zanakand and the Dream Zanarkand were NOT at the same place or did you see a mountain in the opening sequence? Dream Zanaderkand is located on the ocean not near to Mt. Gagazet.
    Sin was not a dream. Yu Yevon was a real person who used the power of the Fayth to stay alive.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like an idiot.... I just realized, I am using an emulator so I can save states. Which means I can cheat the shiznit out of the game at some points. Well, I got auron's fair and square mostly because it wasn't an excruciating task by itself although it did take a bit. I got tidus' weapon in about 15 minutes using save states. I just played for a bit until I got what I felt was good balloon positioning and then used save states. I saved when I got the first 5 balloons before the curve, played from there a couple of times and then saved a little later on when I felt I had enough balloons and not bird hits. Then I simply did the last portion. Got 14 balloons, no bird hits. Normally I am not a fan of cheating (although I do exploit glitches if they are there) but in this particular case the game itself killed the concept of fun so being able to cheat effectively improves the game . The 200 lightning bolt dodge thing won't be so excruciating anymore... It will take time but all I have to do is keep using save states every few lightnings or so. It will take time but I can't actually fail at least lol. Even kihmari's weapon will be easy. If I get the wrong butterfly I can simply load a previous save state. Rikku's doesn't seem to hard to get however I am not sure if I have any use for her. I use rikku to steal but to be honest I rarely use her in battle at all. I don't think I got all the items at the bevelle temple so I won't be getting yunas' weapon though. Getting the items seems like a rather unfun task (although not as fun murdering as getting the other weapons without save states) however the rest of the stuff involved seemed fun TBH (beating that summoner, getting anima and that other aeon). I want to get kimahri's final ronso rage but it does not seem like there is a reasonable way to do it. I can't beat omega and I certainly won't be killing 10 of every creature. And I will definitely not go for 255 in every stat, thats crazy. Its faster to just try yojimbo until he uses death on every enemy(save states seem convenient for that too).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

At that point Jecht already "controlled" the monster. He did everything he could to force Tidus to come to him.
    It is still the truth. There isn't a fixed amount of time for the calm. It is over when it is over.

Your wrong . There is no such thing like a dream world. It does exist in the real world and is somewhere close to the temple of Baaj. Sin also existed to keep everyone away from it. The real Zanakand and the Dream Zanarkand were NOT at the same place or did you see a mountain in the opening sequence? Dream Zanaderkand is located on the ocean not near to Mt. Gagazet.
    Sin was not a dream. Yu Yevon was a real person who used the power of the Fayth to stay alive.
    The dream world exists regardless of its place within the real world. The place of its conjuring is Zanarkand ruins - the massive summoning is shown at the base of Zanarkand where Yuna faces the final trial from Yunalesca and the Bahamut Fayth talks about it as well.

As for the rest - I have no idea what you are talking about. Please rephrase it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    The dream world exists regardless of its place within the real world. The place of its conjuring is Zanarkand ruins - the massive summoning is shown at the base of Zanarkand where Yuna faces the final trial from Yunalesca and the Bahamut Fayth talks about it as well.

As for the rest - I have no idea what you are talking about. Please rephrase it.
    I don't know what you're talking about but the dream world is NOT at the same place as the real Zanarkand. It is near temple Baaj. Dream Zanarkand was not near a mountain range. It is like an island.
    Of course the Fayth are at Mt. Gagazet. Why shouldn't they?

What exactly wasn't clear enough? The stuff about Jecht and Yu Yevon?

New Reply
Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast