Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

The last time we disagreed, it was about Defiance. I just hope you're right this time ...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    The last time we disagreed, it was about Defiance. I just hope you're right this time ...
    Don't get me wrong there is a still a strong chance it will be terrible. All I'm saying is a see the "chance" for it not to be. I'm not saying it could be Final Fantasy VII good but maybe it could be Dirge of Cerberus good.

Even if it has no chance of being on par with the true RPG's of the Final Fantasy series; the VI, VII, and VIII (depending on who you talk to). Because really what they need to do is take a step back and focus more on the role playing aspects that made those older Final Fantasy games so much better than the current ones. But to do that they need to get rid of Versus and Final Fantasy online once and for all; and no more goddamn sequels. These games need to be finished and released so square can move on to making the games fans actually want.

Final Fantasy VII HD remake.(Preferable with a cell shaded look)
    Final Fantasy Tactics 2
    And a Final Fantasy XVI that's a real RPG with it's own art style preferably written by somebody who knows what their doing(Recruit Nisio Isin!)

-----------------------------

New Gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy XV

Though it looks nothing like an RPG it does look fun.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 11, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SE answered some FFXV questions... well, sort of.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

As a die hard turn-based RPG fan, it's hard seeing the FF series move away from it's roots. However, it looks amazing and like a lot of fun, though not too JRpg like. I miss the days searching high and low for ultimate weapons/armor or doing certain side quests to obtain them... the exploring part of the series. Even the villains are barely villains to remember.

I wouldn't judge it just yet though...let's see what the story has to offer -.-

Btw, FFXIV actually looks like a MMO I would actually pay for

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is info on FFXV main characters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Here is info on FFXV main characters.
    Kinda weird that it's all dudes don't you think?

I wonder if they left some main characters yet to be announced or if they are going all "boy band" with it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is that blonde girl whose name I've forgotten. I think it's Stella and she's supposed to be from a rival kingdom iirc. Oh, there is that mysterious masked figure whose appearance look like a girl too. But who knows about that one. LOL

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

cole has a good design. Ignis & Gladiolus are average. The last two are looking like EMO-teens. And where are the girls ? Is it Final Fantasy XV: engineering school ?
    After that many years, my favourite design is still him:

In the last few years, the design of the girls is almost always very good & the design of the boys is average or bad ("virility" is not the first thing that come to mind when looking at most men in recent final fantasy ...)
    Last edited by zelllogan; June 12, 2013 at 01:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Well, there is that blonde girl whose name I've forgotten. I think it's Stella and she's supposed to be from a rival kingdom iirc. Oh, there is that mysterious masked figure whose appearance look like a girl too. But who knows about that one. LOL
    Oh yeah, I remember the blonde girl but I was never sure if she was a main character like the others or not.

I just hope they didn't decided to go full Monty style in an attempt to overcompensate for how much fans disliked Lightning. Because fans like me didn't dislike Lightening because she was female. We disliked her because she was badly written and overly serious.

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    cole has a good design. Ignis & Gladiolus are average. The last two are looking like EMO-teens. And where are the girls ? Is it Final Fantasy XV: engineering school ?
    After that many years, my favourite design is still him:

In the last few years, the design of the girls is almost always very good & the design of the boys is average or bad ("virility" is not the first thing that come to mind when looking at most men in recent final fantasy ...)
    I don't know who the best is. There have been a lot of good character designs in Final Fantasy. But I hope we can all agree on the worst.

It just does not get worst than this (and thank god for that).

---------- Post added June 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was June 12, 2013 at 03:08 PM ----------

Oh sweet jesus. Just when I start to think Square-Enix might be turning a corner.

They come out with this...

Tetsuya Nomura: “In the trailer, there was a line that read “A World of the Versus Epic,” which suggests that it will be part of an epic. While Final Fantasy XV will have one climax, as a story, we plan to continue it further.

He better be talking about DLC and not more freakin' sequels. Because if I reach the end of this game and see a "to be continued in Final Fantasy XV-2" message. Violence will ensue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Kinda weird that it's all dudes don't you think?

I wonder if they left some main characters yet to be announced or if they are going all "boy band" with it.
    I am beyond glad all leads are men. I am pretty sick of these one-dimensional and poorly written FF female leads.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I am shocked that the game would be watered down for Xbone. I have waiting patiently for over 7 years for this game; this clearly was a kick in the teeth.
    Last edited by shahdan; June 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

FFXV.

Well, personally I'm a fan of Kingdom Hearts series and its real time battle system, so I like to see it applied on FF series, even though it kind of deviated from their usual ATB system. I wonder if it'll still be integrated somehow. The characters look interesting, but we don't really know more about them since this series started. From the last trailer we got a new girl, the one with black hair, aside from Stella who is going to be the lead female...

Even though my chance to play this game is very small (lol), I'm looking forward to how this will unfold. And here I'm wondering how many more years it'll take to set this game on motion. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is more info about FFXV

---------- Post added June 24, 2013 at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was June 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM ----------

More FFXV info:

Quote Quote:
    The only crystal left to the world lies in the Kingdom of Lucis. Upon striking a peace with the garrison state of Niflheim, Lucis rejoices in having at last brought the cold war to a close. Their celebrations, however, are premature. Under the guise of amity, Niflheim dispels the anti-armament runewall and launches a full-scale invasion of the kingdom. The peaceful lives Crown Prince Noctis and his entourage once knew are consumed by the flames of war as they struggle to mount a resistance.
    ---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

FFX | X2 HD Remaster may have a limited edition. However, there is no confirmation yet.

---------- Post added June 28, 2013 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

All FFXV info has been summarized here.

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aerllyhong View Post
    I think it is one of the greatest game i have played
    What is
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Lightning Returns trailer:

Looks like some reunion

---------- Post added July 08, 2013 at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was July 04, 2013 at 02:46 PM ----------

Nomura discussed about FFXV:

Quote Quote:
    The character outfits in Final Fantasy XV were created by a Japanese fashion company called Roen. According to Nomura, the studio actually has the physical versions of these outfits in their office, allowing their CG team to “create exactly the same image” in the game.

“That’s really easier because previously when I created the character [costumes], all of the CG team and all of our entire development team always asked me ‘Is this leather? Is this coton? Is this nylon? How many percentage? Dadadada.’ That’s a lot of detailed questions, so it’s always difficult to precise what kind of texture are the clothes made off and stuff like that, so that’s why this time we had the actual clothes made and then we take it from there and put it in the game.”

One thing fans noticed in Final Fantasy XV‘s E3 re-reveal was Stella, who’s undergone a major overhaul since her last appearance.

“When I created Stella, back in 2007, I actually created something that is not my type of character,” Nomura said, “but obviously time has passed since then, about six years now, and then she actually became something that I quite like now.”

Another thing fans noticed was Noctis’ red eyes. According to Nomura, Noctis’ eyes become red when he uses his warp ability. This isn’t something you’ll be able to see much in game, as the camera doesn’t zoom in on his face when he warps.

Final Fantasy XV‘s main group of playable characters are all male. Asked if there would be any playable female characters, Nomura said, “I can’t say anything specific now but it would be… quite difficult, to have a girl playable.”

Nomura also touched briefly upon the game’s vehicles. There will be a car, “the vehicle you’ll use probably the most in the game,” and the Magitek armor, which “you can actually control and ride.” There won’t be a motorbike, as it’d be a little strange to see five guys riding on a single motorbike together.

When Final Fantasy XV was known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it was decided that it would be ‘Game Over’ when Noctis dies in battle. But now that the game’s become the next numbered entry in the series, that aspect of the game has yet to be decided.

And what of dual audio, probably one of the most requested features for localized Japanese RPGs?

“That all depends of the capacity of the disc,” Nomura said. “The two main reasons are the disc space and also the lip sync, because if we’re making the game, with the characters speaking in English but with the voices in Japanese, the lip sync would not match.”

The director added that you’ll have let Square Enix know that you really want it in order for it to become possible.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else played Final Fantasy IV the after years? Despite having it on my PSP for a looong time, I've never bothered until now. Must admit I'm not disappointed as far as a sequel is done.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

New Reply
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast