Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I am disappointed with Lightning, to be honest. She had a potential to become a memorable character, yet she fell short because of terrible writing mainly happened in the second and third installment. I like her design and all but it's puzzling me really, if Toriyama loves his creation that much, why he didn't write better stories, lol.
    I don't get it either. Her importance was completely changed in the sequels. Serah was much better.
    I really hope FFXV will be better... At least it has a world map.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I don't get it either. Her importance was completely changed in the sequels. Serah was much better.
    I really hope FFXV will be better... At least it has a world map.
    I dislike by how bland and shallow her character is. The second sequel was my least favorite, although having Serah as the protag is nice . Yes, I'm waiting for that too, from trailers alone, it gave me the vibe that it'll be better than FFXIII. Hopefully it's true.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I dislike by how bland and shallow her character is. The second sequel was my least favorite, although having Serah as the protag is nice . Yes, I'm waiting for that too, from trailers alone, it gave me the vibe that it'll be better than FFXIII. Hopefully it's true.
    The english audio made it even worse. I was so glad that I got japanese audio for LR...
    Serah was great but it was sad that there was no costume for her FFXIII look.

Actually I will miss the battle system from FFXIII. I doubt that the Kingdom Hearts like style will be much better...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the first sales numbers for Lightning Returns in the United States and Europe are out.

It's lookin' like it doesn't have a prayer of reaching 2 million copies. I'm not sure what the watermark is that would make it a flop but it's gotta be pretty close. The United States sales weren't completely terrible. Coming in about -25% compared to XIII-2 but in Europe the numbers are about -50%. Coupled with about -30% in Japan. So if those trends hold SquareEnix will probably end up selling between 1.1 mil and 1.3 mil units across all consoles.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    XIII was the only FF I could beat and finish easily, while the others I played put me to sleep. Hope was really good.

Topic makes me want to finally open up my copy of XIII-2.
    I agree, hope was the only decent character. As for XIII, I'll give it a 3/10. The game was just that bad and I played the superior PS3 version.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After finishing 3/5 main quests I have to say LR isn't even that bad. The story became rather interesting and Lightning is almost decent as a lead.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after playing FFXII for a while I have some comments... The gameplay is excellent as far as I am concerned, its a new variation from what we are used to. I am not particularly a fan of the license board given that you don't really have a direction to head into but it is not entirely bad. At least it is not worst than the thing that FFX had going on. Gotta say, for some reason armor is giving me trouble. What I am not particularly a fan of is the story. Its not that the story is bad, its just that it feels like the characters are not engaged in it. Well, ashe is as the whole thing concerns her however the rest of the gang does not seem to have a stake in it. They are kinda just hanging there, taking part in it because it kinda suits them. It kinda feels like the characters are not really relevant to the story and their actual impact on it is not that significant. I mean, vaan just kinda hangs around because it is fun. Penelo is a horrible character that just kinda seems to follow vaan. Balthier and fran seem to have no stake in the story although I do think balthier is a nice twist from usual characters. Ashe and the other guy actually do have a stake in the story however it does not appear they are focused as much as they should. Dunno, it just kinda feels like the characters are somewhat alien to the plot. Its not like in FFVII where cloud an actual connection to sephiroth and even jenova, or VIII where seed and squall were trained to defeat ultimecia or IX where zidane turned out to be kuja's brother. Or even tidus't thing in X.... Vaan is just some dude....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly the problem regarding FFXII. The story and the characters... Everything else was absolutely great back then. The characters are just a random group of characters with some ties to the overall plot.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like, with the 2 coders have less free time and the game requiring a lot of playthroughs to properly beta test, Final Fantasy Type-0 will be released in August (latest). Translation is done though.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad I can't play it on the PS Vita though... Don't get why SE didn't release it in America or Europe yet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese companies are quite rigid in that regard. Although they announced that Bravely Default in the US was a success, so at least BD2 will 100% be released.

And not to mention, you can play it on your phone / computer so no worries.
    Tiger, Tiger.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Question, does anyone have a good place to farm lp and loot that does not give too much exp? I have tried the lhusu mines and have gotten acceptable results but I wonder if there is a better place. There I can get a 90 long chain of skeletons relatively quickly and with the broken bones I can gather over 10000 gil or so with that chain.... I have looked online for chaining locations although most of them also involve quite a bit of leveling up which is the bit I want to avoid. I kinda want to get everything in the license board and still be at a low level. I already have that item to double your LP which has been a lot of help, I just need the best location possible.... I haven't tried the sandsea yet, it could be a better place but there is the issue that loot is not quite as good.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    Japanese companies are quite rigid in that regard. Although they announced that Bravely Default in the US was a success, so at least BD2 will 100% be released.

And not to mention, you can play it on your phone / computer so no worries.
    Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The name alone should make people buy stuff. Basically like the Kingdom Hearts games for DS or PSP.

I doubt it'll run on my PC. It is rather crappy. I just don't want to use a PSP again...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

PPSSPP is so fast it runs at android machines (1.2 ghz) full speed. Not to mention that the author has halved the FPS on the game, making it run even more smoothly on bad machines It's worth a try if you want to, if not I won't force you.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    PPSSPP is so fast it runs at android machines (1.2 ghz) full speed. Not to mention that the author has halved the FPS on the game, making it run even more smoothly on bad machines It's worth a try if you want to, if not I won't force you.
    Depends on the device.Not full speed on my Xperia Play,but isn't super slow either. It should run on bad PCs since it doesn't take much to run from my experience.

New Reply
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast