Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai
    Quote: Originally Posted by Xophien
    Besides that "it's so awesome I have a hard time believing it's real-time" fighting scene in the FFXIII video, I'm afraid not. And I'd bet we won't see anything more for the next six months >.>;

OMG i feel the same way! I have a hard time imagining how the real-time fighting will go. More senses will be involved! ^^
    It's true? Wow. I can't imagine this as well :x
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there have been previews of the gameplay, though I can't make it out if it's really gameplay, or cinematics. And those videos have been on youtube for months, so who really knows. -_-

Are the graphics that good that I can't distinguish between the actual game and the FMVs? Since they announced the real-time fighting, that's where I got to suspecting what I was actually looking at could be the gameplay already. *weeps*

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be definitely buying both FF games, XIII and Versus for my PS3 as soon as they are out. I wonder if they will be released this year... Both games look fantastic!
    Kitty Got Wet

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even if XIII is going to continue the real-time battle systems that XII featured, I think they at least will improve on it somehow. While XII might not have lived up quite to the expectations it generated, I think it's likely the game developers at Square Enix learned from it and probably will deliver a better game this time around. Everything I've seen has been very positive. Here's to hoping that this one plays as great as it looks!

Of course I'm going to have to get a PS3 first, heh.

Versus also looks very good, too.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FF XII Thread: Talk Away!!!

Hmm, I haven't seen that yet.

Anyway, I finally got back to replaying FF XII and this time started over from the beginning, and I'm actually enjoying it better this time now that I know something of what to expect. I was able to level up my party better and just relax while doing it, and I finally got a better grasp of how to work the Quickenings this time too, finally.

I'm way ahead of where I was the last time.

My party's all almost at level 50 and currently at where they have to chase after Dr. Cid to the ancient city of Giruvegan. But I'm doing a lot of side quests and hunts right now. I just got killed last night for the time when I was hunting after Gilgamesh, after having beaten him the first time, in the Lhusu Mines, and ran into a nasty rare game monster, a zombie named Disma. Man, did he wipe out my party... >_<

I'm going to try to get around him next time instead of fighting him. Don't think I'm in his league yet. XD

I also started to like the summonings better too. This time I didn't really use the Espers so much for boss battles (where they were more useful in past games, I think) but in regular walk-arounds. They're very useful for dealing with monsters that you didn't really wanna bother with - it's like riding a chocobo around really, except the espers take out all the monsters for you while you just walk around, heh. I have 7 espers right now. By far my favorite is Adrammalech since he's flying around behind you, monsters can't touch him usually.

I agree that the license board needed some work. Definitely no individuality in the characters as far as the fighting is concerned. They probably should have just given each character a little bit of a bonus as far as their preferred weapons (Balthier for his guns for example.) That does take away from it some - and you don't really use some of the weapons at all, like rods and staffs - but at the moment I don't mind it too much.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; February 10, 2008 at 10:03 PM.

Proofreaders 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nantalith's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

1) What's your favorite Final Fantasy game?
    FFX

2) Favorite character?
    Squall

3) Favorite villain?
    Sephiroth

4) Favorite summon?
    Shiva

5) Which game have you replayed the most?
    FFX

6) What was the toughest challenge you ever had in a FF game?
    An un-junctioned boss battle in VIII. Punches do no damage.

7) What was your favorite clip in the games?
    Yuna's first sending.

8) If you would like to see a sequel to any of the games, which would it be?
    I see sequels already - FFVII.

9) What side-game do you like the most?
    Annoying...

10) If you could date a FF character, who would it be? Haha...
    Rasler

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member D3M1URG3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) What's your favorite Final Fantasy game? Final Fantasy VII

2) Favorite character? Basch

3) Favorite villain? Sephiroth

4) Favorite summon? Gilgamesh

5) Which game have you replayed the most? Final Fantasy VII

6) What was the toughest challenge you ever had in a FF game? Playing through Final Fantasy Tactics with only 3 characters.

7) What was your favorite clip in the games? When Aeris dies, enough said.

8) If you would like to see a sequel to any of the games, which would it be? Final Fantasy VII, hands down.

9) What side-game do you like the most? Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

10) If you could date a FF character, who would it be? Haha... Umm....Yuffie.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sasuke_Kai_92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

FFXII is the best final fantasy game I think.
    It has so many things in there..its unbelievable. All my characters apart from Panelo are level 99. ^_^ BASCH is the best!

BASCH Von ROSENBEURG!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sasuke_Kai_92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

The game was fairly easy. Probably because I train or just go anywhere and level up my characters. I didnt like the first demon wall. Once your character is X-Zoned, you cant get it back unless you go to a save crystal. Other then that, I got all the Espers, it was great . Level 99 characters apart from Panelo, never liked her =.=.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally finished the game. It was fun but definitely not one of these games I'd like to replay. Took waaaaaaaay too much of my time. 180 hours. Of course that's not nearly as much time as MH has taken of my time, but still... heh. All my characters were in their 60's level-wise and I had all the Espers and most of the Ultimate Weapons (passed up on the Tournesol though, too lazy) and I defeated every monster in the bestiary EXCEPT for Larva Eater (too annoying), Yiamzat and Omega Mark. I'll get to these two some other day when I'm in the mood.

And yes, the first Demon Wall sucked, lol.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; April 11, 2008 at 07:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd drop by since I'm an FF addict.

1) What's your favorite Final Fantasy game?
    Final Fantasy VII by a hair, next would be Final Fantasy VI. VII was the first game in which I literally got everything, and I still have that same file to screw around in from time to time. Level 100, every item, all weapons, the whole *ten* yards. Wonderful game, still captivates me to this day.

2) Favorite character?
    Reno from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I know, it's a movie, but I can't pass it up. I didn't like him too much in VII, but in AC, he reminded me so much of my best friend and a little bit of myself. Screwy, zany, wants to be the knight in shining armor but really doesn't do jack shit in terms of helping out. Yet in the end, he does the little things that save the day, the things that no one else notices but still save the world in an indirect manner. Love him.

3) Favorite villain?
    Kefka. He's wacky, he's funny...he's completely insane and scary as hell. He's also one of the only villains I've seen in a game that actually lives to see his evil plan come to fruition. It's only after the plan is laid out that the heroes save the day, but he succeeded. Alright...so I also love evil clowns as well. There.

4) Favorite summon?
    Leviathan from Final Fantasy VIII. No specific reason, he just looks the coolest to me, as well as helping me out the most in that game. He's also the only one that I can get 200 (I think that's the max...or 250) boost on besides Eden.

5) Which game have you replayed the most?
    Hmm...that's a tough one... I've replayed all of them at least 5 times, so I'm not too sure. But if I had to guess, it'd be Final Fantasy X, as that game is the most cinematic, so it's the easiest to play through, and it's also, for me, the shortest. I like the storyline a lot as well, so it's not as tough to go through the few parts that I don't like.

6) What was the toughest challenge you ever had in a FF game?
    This sounds funny now, but back when I was first playing Final Fantasy VII, I didn't train at all, I just played through. So when I hit Demon's Gate, I had one hell of a time trying to defeat him. In fact, I had such a hard time that I deleted my file and started over. That laid the foundation for my pattern of playing RPGs for the rest of my life, as I now train at least 10 levels above what I think I should be at... I kicked his ass the second time I played the game.

7) What was your favorite clip in the games?
    If Advent Children counts, then the scene in which Aerith and Zack turn away into "Heaven" (the white light) at the end of the movie. If not, then the space scene in Final Fantasy VIII where Squall and Rinoa are about to die. They then embrace one another and truly know that they love each other, it's very beautiful and the first scene in a game in which I got teary eyed (have yet to actually cry, ala tears running down cheecks).

8) If you would like to see a sequel to any of the games, which would it be?
    This will probably be redundant by now... VII. Yes, even with Advent Children, I'd still like to see it come to fruition. In fact, I think I might settle with them even taking AC and converting it into a game. Obviously they'd have to add storyline elements and other battles, etc. But if they took the basic premise of that movie and used it as the core storyline, then built off of that, I wouldn't mind. But the world of FFVII lives on, and I'd like to let it live on my friggin' TV instead of in my head or writing/reading fan fiction. Now, I'm not talking about a half assed game like Dirge of Cerberus, but a full fledged, 50+ hour RPG (preferably with the VII battle system, Materia included).

9) What side-game do you like the most?
    Crisis Core. I finally played it (don't own it yet, don't have a PSP) at my friend's house and I absolutely love it. To be honest, I don't like the battle system all that much, but my God, it's so nice to live in that world again and become even more attached to the character's I love. I'll play all the way through it soon enough...B-day is on the 27th so maybe then!

10) If you could date a FF character, who would it be? Haha...
    ... I should have known....Hmm...Lulu. I'm a sucker for huge...belts. Yes, belts. Is that my only reason? Yes.

I just bought the Collector's Edition of Advent Children. Anyone else love that movie? I've heard that a few were disappointed, but those were people that had no idea what the series or that specific game was about. I love the movie so much, and not just because I'm an insane, rabid VII fanboy either. The music is amazing, cinematography is fantastic, especially for a group that has only worked on brief cinematic scenes in games, and the storyline, while nothing splendid, is enough to recapture the magic that the original had, save for some flare here and there. Oh yeah, and I'm replaying XII. I hate the storyline, but that's the one game besides VII and XI where I truly feel like I'm in that world and experiencing what the character's are. It's so vibrant and exciting, and the battle system is, to me, the greatest thing about the game. It's just enough so that it still feels "FF", but it's also an evolution. Wonderful. Sleepy time for me...I've talked enough...
    Last edited by AxelCross; April 14, 2008 at 12:40 AM.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Fucking awesome post Axel! There are some parts where I don't agree with you, but the fact that your favorite villain is Kefka makes up for that.
    And about AC, who cares if the storyline is weak(er than the game's) as long as there are big swords? Talking about big, why did they have to reduce Tifa's... belt?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    Fucking awesome post Axel! There are some parts where I don't agree with you, but the fact that your favorite villain is Kefka makes up for that.
    And about AC, who cares if the storyline is weak(er than the game's) as long as there are big swords? Talking about big, why did they have to reduce Tifa's... belt?
    Thanks! Oh I know, it's disappointing. The funny thing is, my friend and I were watching AC for the first time and his first comment was "Good Lord, Tifa's nipples are like razor blades. She's wearing leather and they're about to rip through!!". First, I just about died of laughter, after which we compared a cinematic clip (VII) of Tifa's...belts and the AC version and soon fell into dismay when we figured out they made them smaller, which is hilarious because they're still enormously humongously gigantic x 10.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have to get a PS2 and buy that game. Last FF game I really played on PS2 was FFX-2. I've stopped about an hour into the game.

But it seems that the story if very interesting from what I gather from the in-game cut-scenes and such. But then that's the FF games for ya. Start off small and end up big. Well, in this case, it seems to start off big and end even bigger.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I missed this thread? LOL
    I'll tell something to you, guys, Final Fantasy 12, I believe, has more sidequests than any other final fantasy I've played!

Unfortunately, I didn't enough time to complete all the quests, because I spent nearly 120 hours to finish it, and still couldn't do just a little sidequests; I wanted to fight eith Yaizmat, Omega, and others side, but with about 5 brand new games to play, there's no time to complete all...

but the story, though, is great! In many sites, I've seen some criticism about the storyline, but at least to me, the war and strategy factor embebed in the plot was great; I believe they manage to got the essence behind a war, the way that Vahn leads all the events remind me so much the 2 World War

New Reply
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast