Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is really Tobi?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • The real Madara

    51 20.82%
  • Madara with another body (Who's body? Obito's?)

    61 24.90%
  • Obito

    23 9.39%
  • Danzou

    1 0.41%
  • Izuna, Madara's brother

    62 25.31%
  • Other (explain)

    47 19.18%
New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 533

Thread: Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

  1. #496
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    why is it that only kikashi, and tobi's sharingan seem to have some type of dimensional/void capabilities

    im not saying obito is definitely tobi, im just asking why only those two sharingan's have that ability

  2. #497
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't know why the hell people can't just accept that Obito might be Tobi. I mean, there are plenty of similarities to at least give the idea some thought.
    Apparently you have not given the opposition of this theory some thought. There are tons of elements that don't fit. Kishi has one heck of a time making this one fit without creating plot inconsistencies roughly the size of the rocky mountains. Examples would include a number of age discrepancies, as shown in the assault of the Kyubi, Tobi vs Konan. Furthermore there is the matter of hs crushed body. Etc. I had a extensively written theory about Tobi's identity, true or false, it includes a part of Obito, the eye:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    why is it that only kikashi, and tobi's sharingan seem to have some type of dimensional/void capabilities

    im not saying obito is definitely tobi, im just asking why only those two sharingan's have that ability

    I'm fairly certain that out of the many Sharingan that Tobi keeps, he constantly uses Obito's right eye, as Tobi's portal/warp-like space time jutsu could very well be the sister mangekyo to Kamui, residing in the Obito eye used by Kakashi. Ground for this is their similair nature, look and effect.

    I'm convinced Tobi is not Obito. There are, in my view, two theories that 1) would fit very well ad 2) have little to no discovered arguments that would render them impossible. Impossible would be Obito and Shisui, for numerous reasons. The two most plausible ones are:

    -Avatar/clone/something of Madara, though it has one drawback, namely the way Tobi wields the Rinnegan in a entirely different way, with far less skill than Madara.

    -Izuna Uchiha has a lot going for it, so far, I have not heard a single good argument against it. Yet.

    But I'm too lazy to describe everything in my theory here since I've already posted this in detail in another thread.
    Last edited by Smerten; July 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #498
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    why is it that only kikashi, and tobi's sharingan seem to have some type of dimensional/void capabilities

    im not saying obito is definitely tobi, im just asking why only those two sharingan's have that ability
    We've only seen a handful of MS abilities, meaning there's nothing to say such a thing is unique to a single pair of eyes. Given that we've seen three different MS pairs possess Susanoo, we know they wouldn't have to be from the same person to have a similar ability.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #499
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Where do people keep getting an idea that Tobi is using MS for his ST jutsu? He never was shown to have it, he always had normal 3 tomoe sharingan, whereas Kakashi is required to use MS for his special ability.

    The only reason I can think of why Kakashi has such a unique MS jutsu is because he's not an Uchiha and does not possess abilities like Tsukuyomi, Susanoo or Amaterasu.

  7. #500
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    Where do people keep getting an idea that Tobi is using MS for his ST jutsu? He never was shown to have it, he always had normal 3 tomoe sharingan, whereas Kakashi is required to use MS for his special ability.

    The only reason I can think of why Kakashi has such a unique MS jutsu is because he's not an Uchiha and does not possess abilities like Tsukuyomi, Susanoo or Amaterasu.
    well they never zoom in on his eyes when he does the teleport/dimensional travel jutsu, but it certainly seems to be an ability beyond the capabilities of your standard sharingan

    i would love to know how and why kakashi is the only MS we have seen use that ability, i would love some type of book from kishi that explains all of these unknown mysteries

    ---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Smerten View Post
    Apparently you have not given the opposition of this theory some thought. There are tons of elements that don't fit. Kishi has one heck of a time making this one fit without creating plot inconsistencies roughly the size of the rocky mountains. Examples would include a number of age discrepancies, as shown in the assault of the Kyubi, Tobi vs Konan. Furthermore there is the matter of hs crushed body. Etc. I had a extensively written theory about Tobi's identity, true or false, it includes a part of Obito, the eye:




    I'm fairly certain that out of the many Sharingan that Tobi keeps, he constantly uses Obito's right eye, as Tobi's portal/warp-like space time jutsu could very well be the sister mangekyo to Kamui, residing in the Obito eye used by Kakashi. Ground for this is their similair nature, look and effect.

    I'm convinced Tobi is not Obito. There are, in my view, two theories that 1) would fit very well ad 2) have little to no discovered arguments that would render them impossible. Impossible would be Obito and Shisui, for numerous reasons. The two most plausible ones are:

    -Avatar/clone/something of Madara, though it has one drawback, namely the way Tobi wields the Rinnegan in a entirely different way, with far less skill than Madara.

    -Izuna Uchiha has a lot going for it, so far, I have not heard a single good argument against it. Yet.

    But I'm too lazy to describe everything in my theory here since I've already posted this in detail in another thread.
    this makes perfect sense, i never considered that perhaps tobi just obtained obito's right eye from the body, i actually feel kind of dumb for not considering this

    i think certain uchiha's have special abilities, notice how shisui had that awesome genjutsu that could fool or persuade even the most advanced shinobi

    i wonder if sasuke or itachi have some unique ability that no other uchiha has, like some type of power that sasuke will develop that will be unique from other uchiha's

  8. #501
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    Where do people keep getting an idea that Tobi is using MS for his ST jutsu? He never was shown to have it, he always had normal 3 tomoe sharingan, whereas Kakashi is required to use MS for his special ability.

    The only reason I can think of why Kakashi has such a unique MS jutsu is because he's not an Uchiha and does not possess abilities like Tsukuyomi, Susanoo or Amaterasu.
    Well, since the regular Sharingan was never stated or shown to grant a unique technique, odds are that his ability is MS/EMS based. That could be wrong, but until otherwise shown, it's probably due to MS/EMS.

    From what has been shown, there's a wide amount of possible MS techniques, so Kamui may not be as unique as we think.

  9. #502
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Quote:
    Well, since the regular Sharingan was never stated or shown to grant a unique technique, odds are that his ability is MS/EMS based. That could be wrong, but until otherwise shown, it's probably due to MS/EMS.
    The only thing which seems rather odd about this is the fact that Edo Madara could use Susanoo while having Rinnegan on. Every other Uchiha needed to use MS/EMS to gain access to special abilities.

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #503
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    The only thing which seems rather odd about this is the fact that Edo Madara could use Susanoo while having Rinnegan on. Every other Uchiha needed to use MS/EMS to gain access to special abilities.
    Itachi was able to use Susanoo even after he had went blind, so Susanoo may not be dependent as much on what eyes are active as the other techniques are.

  12. #504
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cloud Village
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    The only thing which seems rather odd about this is the fact that Edo Madara could use Susanoo while having Rinnegan on. Every other Uchiha needed to use MS/EMS to gain access to special abilities.
    Madara's Rinnegan is different, mainly because it seems to have been formed from possessing EMS AND having Senju DNA at the same time, so essentially he has all his innate Sharingan abilities on top of his Rinnegan powers, as opposed to someone like say Nagato who was apparently just born with Rinnegan alone, I would imagine being born with Rinnegan and evolving upto it would result in some differences.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; July 15, 2012 at 06:25 AM.

  13. #505
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Green Grin Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

    I myself didnt believe it at first but now I am a believer. Tobi is Obito I don't care what any of you say.

    - This Chapter page proves it.

    Just put their sharingans together....and you get Obito's face inside Tobi's mask.

    Explanation on why Tobi is Obito? Zetsu found Obito's body and somehow revived it or whatever and Tobi is therefor Obito, and with half his body that was crushed...that part is made of Zetsu. It all makes sense now.

    Read the Chapter. - http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/65097047/1

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #506
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

    A brilliant proof based on sharingans, which are nowadays sold in every second-hand shop... considering how Tobi seems to know Kakashi, it would make sense, but this is a theory - one of many. Please don't start a religion.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #507
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    A brilliant proof based on sharingans, which are nowadays sold in every second-hand shop... considering how Tobi seems to know Kakashi, it would make sense, but this is a theory - one of many. Please don't start a religion.
    Lol a religion. No, simply put, it's definitely Obito...just look at the Chapter Page evidence, what more do you need!?!?!?!?!

  18. #508
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

    Actually, I'm not against this at all. However, the page you use as proof only indicates on who it can be, but it doesn't show that it can't be anyone but Obito... so this remains a theory, although well supported.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #509
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

    I agree with 0Xellos; Tobi could be Obito and there are certain indications that this may be the case (Obito apparently knowing something of Kakashi's past is the latest indicator), but this evidence is not definite proof. Definite proof will be when Kishimoto confirms it. Also, this theory and the "eye" evidence has been around for years.

  21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #510
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

    the crazy thing is...who ever it is...kakashi has looked in/at his face before.for tobi to say what he said that is(that kakashi doesn't remember him)...tobi may have been shown to us without us knowing it was tobi(if you get where i'm coming from...lol)

    but,the eyes are a good side to side view...you may be right.
    i have always believed tobi was a shinobi not a creation...maybe even zetsu too...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts