Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is really Tobi?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • The real Madara

51 20.82%
  • Madara with another body (Who's body? Obito's?)

61 24.90%
  • Obito

23 9.39%
  • Danzou

1 0.41%
  • Izuna, Madara's brother

62 25.31%
  • Other (explain)

47 19.18%
New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

why is it that only kikashi, and tobi's sharingan seem to have some type of dimensional/void capabilities

im not saying obito is definitely tobi, im just asking why only those two sharingan's have that ability

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't know why the hell people can't just accept that Obito might be Tobi. I mean, there are plenty of similarities to at least give the idea some thought.
    Apparently you have not given the opposition of this theory some thought. There are tons of elements that don't fit. Kishi has one heck of a time making this one fit without creating plot inconsistencies roughly the size of the rocky mountains. Examples would include a number of age discrepancies, as shown in the assault of the Kyubi, Tobi vs Konan. Furthermore there is the matter of hs crushed body. Etc. I had a extensively written theory about Tobi's identity, true or false, it includes a part of Obito, the eye:

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    why is it that only kikashi, and tobi's sharingan seem to have some type of dimensional/void capabilities

im not saying obito is definitely tobi, im just asking why only those two sharingan's have that ability

I'm fairly certain that out of the many Sharingan that Tobi keeps, he constantly uses Obito's right eye, as Tobi's portal/warp-like space time jutsu could very well be the sister mangekyo to Kamui, residing in the Obito eye used by Kakashi. Ground for this is their similair nature, look and effect.

I'm convinced Tobi is not Obito. There are, in my view, two theories that 1) would fit very well ad 2) have little to no discovered arguments that would render them impossible. Impossible would be Obito and Shisui, for numerous reasons. The two most plausible ones are:

-Avatar/clone/something of Madara, though it has one drawback, namely the way Tobi wields the Rinnegan in a entirely different way, with far less skill than Madara.

-Izuna Uchiha has a lot going for it, so far, I have not heard a single good argument against it. Yet.

But I'm too lazy to describe everything in my theory here since I've already posted this in detail in another thread.
    Last edited by Smerten; July 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

We've only seen a handful of MS abilities, meaning there's nothing to say such a thing is unique to a single pair of eyes. Given that we've seen three different MS pairs possess Susanoo, we know they wouldn't have to be from the same person to have a similar ability.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do people keep getting an idea that Tobi is using MS for his ST jutsu? He never was shown to have it, he always had normal 3 tomoe sharingan, whereas Kakashi is required to use MS for his special ability.

The only reason I can think of why Kakashi has such a unique MS jutsu is because he's not an Uchiha and does not possess abilities like Tsukuyomi, Susanoo or Amaterasu.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    Where do people keep getting an idea that Tobi is using MS for his ST jutsu? He never was shown to have it, he always had normal 3 tomoe sharingan, whereas Kakashi is required to use MS for his special ability.

The only reason I can think of why Kakashi has such a unique MS jutsu is because he's not an Uchiha and does not possess abilities like Tsukuyomi, Susanoo or Amaterasu.
    well they never zoom in on his eyes when he does the teleport/dimensional travel jutsu, but it certainly seems to be an ability beyond the capabilities of your standard sharingan

i would love to know how and why kakashi is the only MS we have seen use that ability, i would love some type of book from kishi that explains all of these unknown mysteries

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Smerten View Post
    Apparently you have not given the opposition of this theory some thought. There are tons of elements that don't fit. Kishi has one heck of a time making this one fit without creating plot inconsistencies roughly the size of the rocky mountains. Examples would include a number of age discrepancies, as shown in the assault of the Kyubi, Tobi vs Konan. Furthermore there is the matter of hs crushed body. Etc. I had a extensively written theory about Tobi's identity, true or false, it includes a part of Obito, the eye:

I'm fairly certain that out of the many Sharingan that Tobi keeps, he constantly uses Obito's right eye, as Tobi's portal/warp-like space time jutsu could very well be the sister mangekyo to Kamui, residing in the Obito eye used by Kakashi. Ground for this is their similair nature, look and effect.

I'm convinced Tobi is not Obito. There are, in my view, two theories that 1) would fit very well ad 2) have little to no discovered arguments that would render them impossible. Impossible would be Obito and Shisui, for numerous reasons. The two most plausible ones are:

-Avatar/clone/something of Madara, though it has one drawback, namely the way Tobi wields the Rinnegan in a entirely different way, with far less skill than Madara.

-Izuna Uchiha has a lot going for it, so far, I have not heard a single good argument against it. Yet.

But I'm too lazy to describe everything in my theory here since I've already posted this in detail in another thread.
    this makes perfect sense, i never considered that perhaps tobi just obtained obito's right eye from the body, i actually feel kind of dumb for not considering this

i think certain uchiha's have special abilities, notice how shisui had that awesome genjutsu that could fool or persuade even the most advanced shinobi

i wonder if sasuke or itachi have some unique ability that no other uchiha has, like some type of power that sasuke will develop that will be unique from other uchiha's

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since the regular Sharingan was never stated or shown to grant a unique technique, odds are that his ability is MS/EMS based. That could be wrong, but until otherwise shown, it's probably due to MS/EMS.

From what has been shown, there's a wide amount of possible MS techniques, so Kamui may not be as unique as we think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Well, since the regular Sharingan was never stated or shown to grant a unique technique, odds are that his ability is MS/EMS based. That could be wrong, but until otherwise shown, it's probably due to MS/EMS.
    The only thing which seems rather odd about this is the fact that Edo Madara could use Susanoo while having Rinnegan on. Every other Uchiha needed to use MS/EMS to gain access to special abilities.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing which seems rather odd about this is the fact that Edo Madara could use Susanoo while having Rinnegan on. Every other Uchiha needed to use MS/EMS to gain access to special abilities.
    Itachi was able to use Susanoo even after he had went blind, so Susanoo may not be dependent as much on what eyes are active as the other techniques are.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara's Rinnegan is different, mainly because it seems to have been formed from possessing EMS AND having Senju DNA at the same time, so essentially he has all his innate Sharingan abilities on top of his Rinnegan powers, as opposed to someone like say Nagato who was apparently just born with Rinnegan alone, I would imagine being born with Rinnegan and evolving upto it would result in some differences.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; July 15, 2012 at 06:25 AM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

I myself didnt believe it at first but now I am a believer. Tobi is Obito I don't care what any of you say.

- This Chapter page proves it.

Just put their sharingans together....and you get Obito's face inside Tobi's mask.

Explanation on why Tobi is Obito? Zetsu found Obito's body and somehow revived it or whatever and Tobi is therefor Obito, and with half his body that was crushed...that part is made of Zetsu. It all makes sense now.

Read the Chapter. - http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/65097047/1

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

A brilliant proof based on sharingans, which are nowadays sold in every second-hand shop... considering how Tobi seems to know Kakashi, it would make sense, but this is a theory - one of many. Please don't start a religion.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    A brilliant proof based on sharingans, which are nowadays sold in every second-hand shop... considering how Tobi seems to know Kakashi, it would make sense, but this is a theory - one of many. Please don't start a religion.
    Lol a religion. No, simply put, it's definitely Obito...just look at the Chapter Page evidence, what more do you need!?!?!?!?!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'm not against this at all. However, the page you use as proof only indicates on who it can be, but it doesn't show that it can't be anyone but Obito... so this remains a theory, although well supported.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with 0Xellos; Tobi could be Obito and there are certain indications that this may be the case (Obito apparently knowing something of Kakashi's past is the latest indicator), but this evidence is not definite proof. Definite proof will be when Kishimoto confirms it. Also, this theory and the "eye" evidence has been around for years.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the crazy thing is...who ever it is...kakashi has looked in/at his face before.for tobi to say what he said that is(that kakashi doesn't remember him)...tobi may have been shown to us without us knowing it was tobi(if you get where i'm coming from...lol)

but,the eyes are a good side to side view...you may be right.
    i have always believed tobi was a shinobi not a creation...maybe even zetsu too...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast