Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is really Tobi?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • The real Madara

51 20.82%
  • Madara with another body (Who's body? Obito's?)

61 24.90%
  • Obito

23 9.39%
  • Danzou

1 0.41%
  • Izuna, Madara's brother

62 25.31%
  • Other (explain)

47 19.18%
New Reply
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

Thank you narutotheory, I was thinking of this myself when i put thought into what the "one shot" is supposed to be. It is seemingly clear to be about Tobi's identity. I think Tobi is a non-sentinent living clone of the Real Madara Uchiha, who's concious lives though the "broken shell of a body of Obito Uchiha"

The link above explains that when Sasuke cut off the octopus tentacle in their battle, it's chakras were absorbed into the Gedo Mazo. If you go back to chapter 593, orochimaru, sasuke, and Jugo explain that Orochimaru used his juinjutsu derived from Jugo's sage abilities, turned his chakra into lifeforce energy, sealing fractions of it into each of his curse seals when supposedly sealed by itachi into a permanent genjutsu. You can also go back to Danzo who took Shisui's arm which Ao could see Shisui's chakras flowing through it with his byakugan. The Real Madaralso has a entire arm made up pf Hashirama's Dna/Cells staring from the chest plate area.

Madara and Zetsu could have found a buried alive, near death obito, experimented on him, adding Madara Uchiha, and Hashirama Senju Dna to his body. Before Madara actually died he used soul removal on himself, since he was dying anyway transferring his consciousness/energy into obito's vessel. Obito's body accepted all of this, same as Yamato not rejecting Hashirama's Dna.

I like how every time Tobi and Kakashi have a encounter, Tobi seems to take a personal interest in him, even if just momentary. I like how Tobi would very fimiliar with Kakashi's personality, way of thinking things through. I like how every time Kakashi goes to attack Tobi, he knows what the jutsu/ability is way before Kakashi even attempts to utilize it(Yes Sharingan Kakashi is highly renowned. Only Might Guy has knowledge on Kakashi's jutsu, especially the original techniques.) I like how Tobi knows what techniques Kakashi's Sharingan has, especially that he has a Mangekyou Sharingan, even knowing the pros/cons of Kamui which he enver used on, or in front of Tobi. I like how Tobi references to having a past history with Kakashi, even knowing about Chidori it seems. Hmmmm, Tobi knows Kakashi's personality, level of intelligence, and best for last, His Sharingan, and Chidori!
    Last edited by Fox Sage Mode; July 18, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

Uhh God I knew it...I knew this would happen...Obito=Tobi theories surfaced again...Just because of Tobi's incoherence again...

When Obito was around, Kakashi was mostly silent. Okay? Yes. Next.

About the eye shape...How do you describe THIS then? Extreme closeup for your viewing pleasure.

Quote Quote:
    Tobi knows Kakashi's personality, level of intelligence, and best for last, His Sharingan, and Chidori!
    This guy also knows the limits of Naruto's powers...I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that Obito was Naruto's uncle. Same personality, "innocence", hairdo (wrong color but who cares) and best of all....HE KNOWS THE LIMITS SOMEHOW!!
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; July 18, 2012 at 07:12 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tobi is Obito....IT WAS SO SIMPLE OMG I KNOW WHY TOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Sage Mode View Post
    Madara and Zetsu could have found a buried alive, near death obito, experimented on him, adding Madara Uchiha, and Hashirama Senju Dna to his body. Before Madara actually died he used soul removal on himself, since he was dying anyway transferring his consciousness/energy into obito's vessel. Obito's body accepted all of this, same as Yamato not rejecting Hashirama's Dna.

I like how every time Tobi and Kakashi have a encounter, Tobi seems to take a personal interest in him, even if just momentary. I like how Tobi would very fimiliar with Kakashi's personality, way of thinking things through. I like how every time Kakashi goes to attack Tobi, he knows what the jutsu/ability is way before Kakashi even attempts to utilize it(Yes Sharingan Kakashi is highly renowned. Only Might Guy has knowledge on Kakashi's jutsu, especially the original techniques.) I like how Tobi knows what techniques Kakashi's Sharingan has, especially that he has a Mangekyou Sharingan, even knowing the pros/cons of Kamui which he enver used on, or in front of Tobi. I like how Tobi references to having a past history with Kakashi, even knowing about Chidori it seems. Hmmmm, Tobi knows Kakashi's personality, level of intelligence, and best for last, His Sharingan, and Chidori!
    The problem is that such a theory doesn't fit the established timeline. Madara would have died and had Tobi pass his Rinnegan on to Nagato before the Second War, which means that Tobi was around well before Obito had his accident.

Tobi has acted familiar with Naruto and Sasuke too, and has shown extensive knowledge of both Jinchuuriki and MS/EMS. The only technique Tobi had preempted was Kamui, which wouldn't have required specialized knowledge of Kakashi. In fact, considering the fact that Obito lost said Sharingan after just awakening it and had his other damaged, he wouldn't even have said indepth knowledge.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

tobi is rin.
    end of discussion.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

good point...rikudou
    i didn't even think of it like that...a crushed sharingan(obito's in this case...or shisui/itachi/madara/etc) is no better than a topnotch fodder uchiha's sharingan...who's to say obito's other eye was capable of advancement.it was damaged...unless obito was ETed...that would explain the lines in his face(who knows yet...shrugs)....
    Last edited by gnut; July 18, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think people are doing a bit of an asspull with Tobi's face, it's not like it takes much to realize he is clearly a somewhat elderly individual, they are the lines of age, no other explanation even makes anywhere near as much sense.

Whoever Tobi is/was, he is old, be it Izuna, a part of Madara, or even Kagame Uchiha, he is an old man.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

When Tobi fought Minato he was at least Minato's age or even older, so how come he can be Obito as Kakashi and Obito were kids at that time.

Still, it might be someone we know.
    1. It is a male shinobi.
    2. We know him, but didn't think he is Tobi.
    3. He might be an Uchiha or might be not.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi:

- is haughty
    - has been called Mizukage by Kisame
    - likes to waste people's time, including the readers
    - uses water jutsu (in fight against Naruto)
    - likes to troll about how strong/invincible he is ( http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/553/8 bottom panel)

Got it! Tobi really is Nidaime Mizukage!

Actually, that was a joke... I'm leaning towards Izuna or Kagami, but the way this manga is going, it could be anyone.
    My second guess would be some kind of 'puppet'/possessed body, since Kishi seems so fond of those (for example: Kankuro, Sasori, Edo Tensei, Orochimaru, Pain, Gedo Mazou, ...)

I don't think Tobi = Madara... now that would be really anticlimatic...

Now that I think about it... if Tobi is actually Madara, then why would he use water Jutsu in fight against Naruto? I thought Katon was the trademark Jutsu of most Uchiha? Resurrected Madara used Katon if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Darkelve; July 19, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wing_gundam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

*general remark* ^ nin have more than one elemental affiliations ie sasuke w. fire and lightning. Sasy is 99% more likely to attack w. a lighting jitsu.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say, I'm quite puzzled on who Tobi is.
    There are indeed many things pointing toward him being Obito, despite even more things proving that it can't be him...

But, still, the fact that Kishi hasn't revealed a lot of Kakashi's backstory and promised to do it makes me wonder...
    And, if purposely had Kakashi joined Naruto in that fight, so...

He said that we would learn what happened to Rin, and how he got his Mangyeko Sharingan...
    If Tobi is really Obito, this is most likely when it is revealed that we will learn of all of this...

I don't care if Tobi is Obito, as long as everything will make sense in the end.
    And I can't really see how Kishi can make all of this works without having some asspull somewhere...

The only explanation I could have right now is that Tobi's eye (possibly Obito's eye) don't only control the Space, but also the Time.
    And that he could go back/forward in time...

He might have gone in the future and saw just how much suffering the war caused, and decided to create the Mugen Tsukiyomi to bring peace, or something like that.

Even though is my Tobito theory right now, I'm not sure I actually want it to be true...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever works against the: Grown up body 1 year after "death" and of equal size with an adult Minato. Of equal fighting level despite being a noob only a year prior. Having vast knowledge. Being able to control Kyuubi. Having an insane personality change. All in one-two years max. Having also said "Do you have any idea how long I've waited for this?" when releasing Kyuubi. 1 year is not long. Sounds like something one having waited years or decades would say.

If Kishi could work around this somehow without being an idiot, sure. Whatever. I'm beyond caring now as long as it makes sense. Honestly, Tobi being Sasuke from the future would make far more sense than Obito. That says a lot.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon guys, it's obvious. He's a before-now unknown Uzumaki that forged an alliance with Madara. Obito's Sharingan is just an ingredient.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Iwashi's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything it's someone else using Obito's body as a catalyst/container for their own conciousness but even then, when he fought Minato, as you say, that can't have been anymore than 2-3 years max after Obito died. He wouldn't have grown up that quickly in such a short space of time.

What leads me to think he could be Izuna however if this , but then that doesn't explain why he had short hair before and after the Uchiha clan massacre. That may sound trivial but you gotta think outside the box I guess. That Long Haired Tobi really throws me off as to who this could really be.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Latvia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this the only forum that still have discussions about TOBI=OBITO or any other crappy stuff? No offence guys, you should think deeper or read something if you can't (of course, if u really are curious).
    It's almost clear that Tobi is not even a Uchiha, but you still count: Obito, Kagami, Fugaku, Izuna,..(Tenten?Ramenguy?).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it may just be that tobi has obito's right eye, i just cant put a finger on it but their is definitely a connection between kakashi and tobi's sharingan....

New Reply
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast