Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kakashi's Eye

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi's Eye

a bit off the current buzz but unless i have missed something i've wanted to know for a while now how kakashi isn't blind in his left eye yet after using kamui so many times?

also considering obito will be defeated soon, do you think kakashi will take the other sharingan for his other eye or put it in his left eye for a potential ms/ems

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Criss-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kakashi's Eye

I don't think Kakashi has used his MS nearly enough to go blind.
    It took Itachi a good 8 years or so to go blind, and Sasuke went blind in a few weeks because he threw it around like Tic Tacs.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi won't go blind because it isn't his MS. It was a transplant and as such it never loses its light

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Criss-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Kakashi won't go blind because it isn't his MS. It was a transplant and as such it never loses its light
    Kakashi pretty much confirmed that he was going blind himself.
    There would be no way of him knowing that Itachi was going blind if he wasn't.

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss-Kun View Post
    Kakashi pretty much confirmed that he was going blind himself.
    There would be no way of him knowing that Itachi was going blind if he wasn't.
    He never confirmed he was going blind, he only knew about Itachi going blind. Kisame told Itachi to not use Tsukuyomi too much otherwise it'd affect his eyes in front of Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai and in front of JIraiya. At least three people would have heard and remembered that information.

I don't think Kakashi's going blind because he either has Eternal Mangekyo SHaringan or because it's a transplant. Kakashi has not shown the kind of consequences that Itachi and Sasuke have shown after using Amaterasu, and Kamui has shown to be pretty taxing on Kakashi. He also hasn't shown signs of blindness, and I think Kakashi's indicated he trained/trains his Kamui.

Though granted, Itachi didn't show signs of blindness either until his final fight with Sasuke, though we haven't seen Itachi fight seriously at that point.

Or it could be that Kamui doesn't affect the eyes as much as Amaterasu, Susano'o, or Tsukuyomi would, so it's a very slow sealing. Though it doesn't necessarily make sense as Kakashi isn't an Uchiha.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He never confirmed he was going blind, he only knew about Itachi going blind. Kisame told Itachi to not use Tsukuyomi too much otherwise it'd affect his eyes in front of Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai and in front of JIraiya. At least three people would have heard and remembered that information.

I don't think Kakashi's going blind because he either has Eternal Mangekyo SHaringan or because it's a transplant. Kakashi has not shown the kind of consequences that Itachi and Sasuke have shown after using Amaterasu, and Kamui has shown to be pretty taxing on Kakashi. He also hasn't shown signs of blindness, and I think Kakashi's indicated he trained/trains his Kamui.

Though granted, Itachi didn't show signs of blindness either until his final fight with Sasuke, though we haven't seen Itachi fight seriously at that point.

Or it could be that Kamui doesn't affect the eyes as much as Amaterasu, Susano'o, or Tsukuyomi would, so it's a very slow sealing. Though it doesn't necessarily make sense as Kakashi isn't an Uchiha.
    he said it is dangerou he coudln't have possibly to figure out what .. and he was basically in coma when Itachi said that ... I doubt he heard it ...
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I am of the belief Kakashi is not going blind, Tobi himself once stated that there are unknown things regarding non-uchiha using the Sharingan powers, the removal of the MS blindness could be something Tobi was referring to, in return it takes more chakra to utilize the Sharingan than it does with an Uchiha body.

The only indication of blindness we have is that Kakashi knew Itachi was going blind from using MS, beyond that we haven't received any real indication whether or not Kakashi is actually going blind, for all we know he simply read the Tablet with his eye. After all, it's been hinted that Kakashi was doing his research on the Sharingan, or had done at some point.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; September 04, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    he said it is dangerou he coudln't have possibly to figure out what .. and he was basically in coma when Itachi said that ... I doubt he heard it ...
    Kakashi may have deduced that. Why else would Kisame tell Itachi to be careful with using his Mangekyo jutsu? Kakashi has great insight, as shown when he deduced Kamui would work. I don't think Kakashi was in coma yet, and even if he was, we still have three other characters who overheard Kisame. There's still a chance that Kakashi was bluffing and Itachi fell for it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xiraiya View Post
    I am of the belief Kakashi is not going blind, Tobi himself once stated that there are unknown things regarding non-uchiha using the Sharingan powers, the removal of the MS blindness could be something Tobi was referring to, in return it takes more chakra to utilize the Sharingan than it does with an Uchiha body.

The only indication of blindness we have is that Kakashi knew Itachi was going blind from using MS, beyond that we haven't received any real indication whether or not Kakashi is actually going blind, for all we know he simply read the Tablet with his eye. After all, it's been hinted that Kakashi was doing his research on the Sharingan, or had done at some point.
    Man if I was born an Uchiha and unlocked the Mangekyo, I would feel a tad cheated. So I have to suffer through impending blindness, but if I give my eyes to a non-Uchiha they trade blindness for extra chakra output when using them? What kind of crap is that?
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; September 04, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Tobi/Obito is spamming Kamui like crazy and it's not affecting him, maybe it's connected to Kakashi's eye as well. He tires easily but the eyesight doesn't deteriorate. Although, that contradicts EMS status entirely.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just a theory, but it would make sense as a means of compensating for the severe lack of efficiency Kakashi has with his Sharingan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    I agree. He did have knowledge of Itachi going blind from usage, and picked up on Sasuke's pain during the Danzo arc but I dont think Kakashi is going blind.
    He only seems to suffer from chakra drain but we havent seen any actual proof that his eyesight is deteriorating...that reason specifically because it was transplanted

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanga Au79 View Post
    I agree. He did have knowledge of Itachi going blind from usage, and picked up on Sasuke's pain during the Danzo arc but I dont think Kakashi is going blind.
    He only seems to suffer from chakra drain but we havent seen any actual proof that his eyesight is deteriorating...that reason specifically because it was transplanted
    Actually, it was transplanted when it was only awakened. It wasn't on Mangekyou level so I don't think that rule applies. But even if it were the case, there would have to be some indications of "infinite" usage (because once in Kakashi's eye socket, it can't take EMS form because he's not an Uchiha), rather than normal MS.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Why should Kakashi go blind (now)?

Itachi went blind 7-8 years after awakening his MS. Before Itachis final fight (vs. Sasuke) he used it 6 times.
    1. Tsukuyomi against Sasuke
    2. Danzou confirms us that he saw Itachi using Amaterasu
    3. Shi confirms us that he saw Itachi using Amaterasu
    4. Tsukuyomi against Kakashi
    5. Tsukuyomi against Sasuke
    6. Amaterasu against the Frog wall
    These are only confirmed ones. He probably used his MS abilities more. It's unlikely that he used his Susanoo (a full formed one) for the first time against Sasuke. So we can assume that Itachi used it more, but there is no proof.

I also don't think that the quantity is the only/main factor in this blindness issue. In my opinion the stress you give your eyes is more important. It's not like there is a fixed number of MS usage you can use and go blind the instant you reach it.

Itachi used his MS in 4 different points in time
    1. Tsukuyomi during the Uchiha massacre
    2. Amaterasu, which Danzou mentioned
    3. Amaterasu, which Shi mentioned
    4. 2x Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu in Part I vs. Kakashi, Sasuke, Jiraiya

Now Kakashi (not counting the current fight):
    1. Kamui against Deidara
    2. a second time against Deidara
    3. the third time to rescue the team(s)
    4. here he uses it to get rid of Amaterasu
    5. against the nail Pain threw
    6. saving Choji
    7. warping Sasukes Susanoo arrow
    Kakashi also used his MS in 4 different points in time
    1. 3x against Deidara
    2. 1x when they chased Sasuke
    3. 2x against Pain
    4. 1x against Sasuke

I don't have to list you how much Sasuke used his MS in just two points in time.
    If I remember correctly:
    1. 3-5x during his "capturing Bee" Mission
    2. over 10x against the Kages and Danzou, he only had one short break

Feel free to correct me, but I never expected Kakashi to go blind. Maybe after this fight he will have to face deterioration in early-mid stage. I mean... his MS was bleeding for the first time in this fight.
    Last edited by syx; September 04, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raningan View Post
    a bit off the current buzz but unless i have missed something i've wanted to know for a while now how kakashi isn't blind in his left eye yet after using kamui so many times?

also considering obito will be defeated soon, do you think kakashi will take the other sharingan for his other eye or put it in his left eye for a potential ms/ems
    you mean obito ? lol ...the guy should have gone blind a week after he got his kamui because he uses it for simple matters like travelling -_-
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast