Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is really Tobi?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • The real Madara

51 20.82%
  • Madara with another body (Who's body? Obito's?)

61 24.90%
  • Obito

23 9.39%
  • Danzou

1 0.41%
  • Izuna, Madara's brother

62 25.31%
  • Other (explain)

47 19.18%
New Reply
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I know who Tobi is. (NOT OBITO)

I'm still leaning towards Shisui, but it would be pretty funny if Tobi were Sasuke's dad.. Sasuke and Itachi had to get their superior Sharingan skills from somewhere. Kishi could always give the old massacre another twist. Root and Itachi kill the clan while daddy escapes using the Mangekyou, to convince Sasuke that he was actually killed by Itachi. Itachi purses only to find out he is no match, and root shifts all the blame to him..

Edit : Really I support the Zetsu clone / real Madara theory most, but as long as we are entertaining other character theories..
    Last edited by Thabor; June 05, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're all silly boys. You'll see, one day Tobi will take his mask off and it will be revealed to be a man version of Konohamaru. Kishimoto loved the idea when he first saw it done in Dragonball Z with future Trunks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, it would be too shallow to introduce Tobi in the end just as Madara. I mean, why was he goofy for a bit, then started revealing himself as the leader after? Why does he hide behind a mask? What's his relation with Zetsu? This has to be answered, and I'm sure that they may give a twist on the whole character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kthy0056 View Post
    In my opinion, it would be too shallow to introduce Tobi in the end just as Madara. I mean, why was he goofy for a bit, then started revealing himself as the leader after? Why does he hide behind a mask? What's his relation with Zetsu? This has to be answered, and I'm sure that they may give a twist on the whole character.
    Exactly why he is Konohamaru.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cua_raitei's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember,
    a kid never staying a kid forever,
    but he still has a childish part of him
    The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Newnarutofan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Link between Kakashi and Tobi?

Its hard not to think that tobi is obito cause it just feels so right. The side of the eye he uses and covers, the nearly identical looks of kakashi and tobi's Dōjutsu, and the fact that mandra was considered dead untill tobi called himself mandra and majority of people believe obito really is dead without realizing that it's a story were almost anything is possible. The idea just seems so appealing after seeing kabuto's secret person he summoned and tobi's reaction to it. BUT his EMS is so different, it has no trace of kakashi's MS. I cant say for sure that mandra/tobi is obito in disguise but i do know something is off about tobi. He is for sure hiding his face for a good reason from everyone, because if he really IS mandra there is no reason for the mask at all now, and that leads me to wonder about who or what he really is.
    Last edited by Newnarutofan; June 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to agree with all those who say that there is NO connection between Obito and Tobi, so there is no connection between Tobi and Kakashi. Madara came up with the persona of Tobi to hide in the lower ranks of Akatsuki so he could run the show without painting a bulleye on his head. He has other reasons to mask his identity seeing as Kisame recognized him right away once he took off the mask. As for the single eye hole in the mask, Kakashi does just fine fighting with a single sharingan eye exposed, so why can't Madara? And he only needs to be able to see with that eye to focus his S-T jutsu like Kakashi, he's never been shown using any genjutsu so no reason to have an opening for the eye. It's stated somewhere, can't remember what chapter, that one eye holds a ninjutsu and the other a genjutsu, the two together unlocked a third that for Sasuke/Itachi was Susanoo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't obito right sharingan got crushed under the stone?

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sage-tech-kage's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to agree the posts above that say that Obito is not Madara because the facts are all staring us in the face (Obito was a young man, Kakashi's age and when 'Madara' showed his face to Sasuke, we was indeed an old man). Its more plausable to beleive that Tobi is someone of Danzo's age, which leads me to believe that Tobi is an older Sharingan user that knew all about the Izanagi (which Danzo was very effiecient with. All we know about Kagami Uchiha is that he 'died long ago'
    which to me leads me to believe that it was him that told Danzo about the Izangi which would also support the fact that he has 1 sharingan (if he knew about the tech before 'dying' he would be able to put it to use and move under the radar).
    We also know that Danzo died an honourable shinobi, but before we found out that he was fighting the 'good' fight, we were lead to beleive that he was evil (which in most cases is the way for japanese writers to paint a picture and develop a character i.e Uchiha Itachi).
    It is also said through the manga that the Uchiha are a cursed clan because of how they develop thier sharingan's into Mangekyo sharingan, Itachi was made the scape goat by the village because of his 'will of fire'. I beleive that Kagami Uchiha is also one that shares Danzo and Itachi's 'will of fire' (1 necessary evil will save a thousand), i do not beleive that 'Madara' is actually an evil character because he has had many chances to destroy Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura but has shown on many occasions resolve and patience.

FYI- this is Kagami
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/481/01/

and also a pic of 'Madara's' half face.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/397/03/
    notice that Kagami's eyes and eye brows are near enough the same as 'Maradra's' when he takes of the mask (he's shilding his nose bnecause it would be a blatent give-away to who tobi really is.

Comment me PPL XD

SENN JUTSUMAKI 2013

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Truefan21's Avatar
    Looking over Sasuke's gravestone with joy
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Well kishi likes the mystery with madara and tobi, it keeps the fans guessing
    For those who thank forums are for praise and worship think again http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=157

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think madara acted goofy because things were going somewhat good.when everyone started getting killed off by the leaf he had to make a move.like finally moving your king in a chess match,only as a last resort.

guys my out look has changed,could it be tobi is madara's brother and kabuto ressurrected the real madara.i say this because his brother would have the most reason to take down konoha and claim to be madara doing it.show your face or else i don't believe you,after itachi died who could tell sasuke what madara really looks like.so showing sasuke does nothing as far as proving that fact,just a trust ploy.i think that's the only person besides the sage of six paths that would shock him.no telling how long oro might have had this summon and found no use for it at the time.just another reason to be tobi and not madara.
    Last edited by gnut; July 04, 2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Great theory, but it their final confrontation will be boring...because it will be Rasengan vs. Rasengan...or if perhaps Tobi/Konohamaru dies by Sasuke, then it will be a chidori vs. Rasengan, which itself is not very original anymore

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I sometime think that Tobi might be Setsuna, one the Uchiha we saw in Tobi's flashback story that rebel after discovering what Tobirama Nidaime Hokage was really doing.
    But from the last chapter, when Tobi used the Sharingan bijuu-control ability on Kyuubi, this one apparently recognized him, and the only Uchiha we know who controlled Kyuubi was the real Madara, I started to think that Tobi is even more mysterious, or strange, to say the least.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Criminal_Minded's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good one....time traveling shinobi is really the heart of the Naruto story. All the good stuff about not giving up and friendship is ok but....... this story is really about the dangers and rewards of time travel. ITs about time somone exposed the truth about this controversal subject.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i stiil say its izuna but it makes me wonder lately if this is a jutsu like oro's.maybe he did possess obito's body and that's why he's got defensive time space and kakashi has an offensive.i say this because of the introduction of pein accually using corpes,oro used them like zombies though just let them loose.just maybe this is some kind of jutsu where you take possession of a corpes instead of taking over a live body ala sasuke like oro.maybe that was his only way of going on but oro since then may have came up with this new body possession technique.look at danzo and madara/izuna/tobi knew about that.he also made that comment about izanagi like he never seen it before when danzo used it.it's one of the brothers for sure,but who's body is it.i think the masked identity is to protect some person/village that helps him,of course his face would be the clue.

New Reply
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast