Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is really Tobi?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • The real Madara

51 20.82%
  • Madara with another body (Who's body? Obito's?)

61 24.90%
  • Obito

23 9.39%
  • Danzou

1 0.41%
  • Izuna, Madara's brother

62 25.31%
  • Other (explain)

47 19.18%
New Reply
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DevilsNeverCry's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara/Tobi Identity & Mega Convo Thread

I think Kagami Uchiha is the best bet at this point for the potential identity.

When you look at the story, generally when the characters come in 3's, they have similar statures in terms of power. The main representation of this parity being the Sannin. Kishi has attempted to replicate this with most of the 3-man cells of Narutos generation (to some failure when you look at Sakuras use in terms of team 7).

So if we put this kind of model onto Hiruzen, Danzou and Kagami we come out with 2 Hokages (if you count Danzou legitemately), so thus making them 2 of the most revered and powerful Shinobi to exist and leaving Kagami completely unknown as he only had one appearance. However we do know that it is possible that Kagami Uchiha existed in the time that Madara was present in the leaf. If we look at his 'aged' appearance and compare that to Danzou or Hiruzen, it fits well.

His age would also allow him to have 'waited a long time' to summon the kyuubi and exact his revenge on the leaf, challenging Minato. If he exiled himself from Konoha and rescued Madara from the brink following his battle with Hashirama, he could have worked together with Madara, gained all of his knowledge, and took on his mantle as an identity once Madara died after his extended life. In this time they could have created Zetsu and worked out about fusing Senju and Uchiha DNA to get closer to the power of the Sage. We know he has an expansive stockpile of Sharingan and that his body at this point is made up mostly of Zetsu material, hence his ability to use the Rinnegan.

I suppose this evidence, all theoretical, could have a strong case as to the identity of Tobi. But as I'm sure this has all been theorised before, theres as much chance of Tobi being Kakashis mother, and a case could be argued for that eventuality too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sabot RND's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarutobi Asuma's sibling, i.e. Konohamaru's father has not been mentioned once in the manga...i believe even as far as Hiruzen actually gave Konohamaru his name. Are we going on the same ride kishi took us on about Naruto's parents? (who didn't exist up until recently ). That being said, the Senju family tree isn't exactly detailed e.g. Tsunade's parents following that pattern of 'known grandparents - unknown parents'

the offspring of Senju and Uzumaki would be highly capable of not only living long, special chakra etc but being corrupted too.

smart money is on the ramen guy though...there is something about him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's Izuna Uchiha who's Tobi. Tobi says that Izuna willingly gave his MS to Madara in http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v43/c399/4.html ,but Itachi says Madara forcefully took Izuna's eyes. Notice the inconsistency? This is all part of a lie by Tobi (Izuna) to cover up his real identity as Izuna while acting as if he is Madara. It's Izuna also because who else knows so much about Madara and Uchiha history? Izuna. Who is old enough to know most jutsu and their weaknesses? Izuna. Izuna didn't die in battle as mentioned in the manga, but was severely injured because he had lost his eyes to Madara earlier. Later he uses Shodaime's cells to help create Zetzu and and the majority of Izuna's body. He also can reattach limbs and insert eyes into himself with very fast recovery time such as how he stole Obito and Nagato's eyes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kagarisanmba View Post
    He also can reattach limbs and insert eyes into himself with very fast recovery time such as how he stole Obito and Nagato's eyes.
    The line "They were originally my eyes" is the whole reason Izuna is the most likely candidate to me. If Nagato had the Rinnegan that Madara developed, they would indeed originally have been Izuna's. Also he was talking to Konan, whom he was about to kill, so it's not like he had a reason to lie.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UchihaUchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    The line "They were originally my eyes" is the whole reason Izuna is the most likely candidate to me. If Nagato had the Rinnegan that Madara developed, they would indeed originally have been Izuna's. Also he was talking to Konan, whom he was about to kill, so it's not like he had a reason to lie.
    not just that.when kisame saw his face he was convinced he IS madara.why?because izuna looks nearly the same and only madaras and izunas contemporaries would see the difference.he even wanted to show sasuke his face saying "im a living breathing Uchiha".so he is an uchiha not someone from another clan.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is true. Also, Tobi had no problem in showing Sasuke his face, and that the same time tell the story of Uchiha Madara as if it was him?

Also, I think it shouldn't be ignored that there is some resembling beetween the part of Tobi's face we have seen and Madara:

For the sake of it, here is a footage of his face without the wrinkles:
    Last edited by Fox666; August 29, 2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Something that calls my attention is wether the author or Tobi who said : That boy had a Dream. Surely that Kishimoto screwed up the timeline with the stone faces, but that probably will be fixed in the next chapters and before the volume release.

This chapter was excellent, but it seems that Kishimoto is preparing the character to die.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If not izuna, I'd say Setsuna, one of those who wanted to revive Madara's project to preserve the safety and strength of the Uchiha when Tobirama lkicked them out of the Conseilling ranks and put them in the police:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-404-14...apter-399.html

He's old enough, hates Konoha and the Senju, adheres to Madara's philosophy.

But still, Tobi is someone Kyuubi knows... so it's still between Izuna and Setsuna for me.

Except if Tobi's is another version of Madara.. But surely not Obito.

New Reply
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36