Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Modern Warfare 2

The best selling game of the year and a must if you play online. Be warned though, beginners should prepare for a frustrating learning curve as better equipped foes – usually teenagers with time, and you, to kill – constantly take you down. Luckily then the advancement path is so finely honed that it isn't long until you are gaining both ranks and respect. If this sounds like too much hard work then the single-player story is hugely entertaining – albeit relatively brief - on its own. Such a shame about the airport level though. And just when I thought gaming had got over its teenage growth pains too.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modern Warfare 2

I have played MW2. The online play is fun. but its just hard to keep up with all those kids with free time to play all day and get ridiculously good. I like call of duty up until they started making the character models blend with the environment to much and then they started adding even more clutter to an already eye sore filled map style then they added helicopters.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thsv's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my problem with Modern Warfare.

I play Call of Duty games to shoot Nazis. Otherwise I'll just play Ghost Recon.

That said it is an impressive looking game.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, well - my opinion on soon 12 days ingame time on public and some more hours on matches outside of public. Its more refined then COD4, there is still brief of ughs and noes when you play.

My biggest grief on the game is rather annoying perks and class setups, and some minor things they could have implanted. For one I'm not the biggest fan of granade launcher and specially not combined with Danger Close and On Man Army. While I can accept it, if its mid game. That's where the second problem comes in, spawn tubes and map start tubing is getting rather frustrating. Not because of the player is skillfully taking me down, but all he does is: *POINT - ADJUST - SHOOT* which in many times either takes out a whole lot of the team or forces the team to wait out the tubes before they can move out.

The thing they actually have done very good with MW2, which is where I disagree with you guys. They have made it very newbie friendly, there is tons of perks and the intro of deathstreaks and killing streaks that does the job. It makes up for the gap, since you always have a chance to rake in kills even if you play a poor round.

They have also made the maps more harder to defend theirself, so one point I like is that when you have learned the maps it feels so much greater then COD4, since its bigger now and more complex, so its harder to memorize everything when it comes to spawns/objects that ain't objects and such things.

But like TSHV said, I'm mostly waiting for the new Ghost Recon game, it will be a beast game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey i dont know that is about MW2...
    I already completed in Campaign solo in rookie ( i am not skilled shooter) but it is fun .. i will plan to play online in later week if work give me break ...

I just bought few day ago .. mmm? MW2 , i love it because it is lot of action without waste time to look or stealth mission , i hate stealth mission take time to completed to one level ..

one question , I will planning to play onilne but i have to download for update and more map will more fun or same ...

I am just new to MW2 ... what is that OP mission ? need i get star? how i get star for next unlock?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

OP missions?

There special bonus missions for you to play , most are base on the campaign levels.Obtaining such and Such f stars unlocks more of those missions for you to play.

Online Play is fun if there arent a lot people who camp around a spot for too long . but thats to be expected from First Shooter i guess

As said before Rookies and Player who Prestige should be careful of higher level players who usually have better weapons and perks. While it is rookie friendly dont get over confident, Killstreaks are your friend and if you want rack up some kills try not to die constantly (Care Packages are good for newbies , but in the long run it loses out to uav and other killstreaks that boost your kill/death rate) ...also Deathstreaks arent only a indication that you are doing badly but it helps you get back on your feet if you having a poor match.

Also for Killstreak Vehicles...Always have a rocket class to shoot those annoying things out of the sky they rack up kills for the opposing team quickly so be best to get rid of them as fast as possible.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Diadz's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Modern Warfare 2

Wow.. not to many replies here huh?

I play and LOVE this game, i dont care too much about my KDR or W\L stats, but i do care about my accuracy 43,55% , and im just above the top 50.000 mark, but seeing as how the acc leaderboard is filled with new , low level players, I consider myself a sureshot, so if i see you, and i know i can hit you, your dead. :P

I dont prestige btw, I think its a waste of time,camo's and unlocks so for months im a no prestige lv 70 player

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I played the game's single player campaign. None of the Special Ops though. I haven't played any of the other CoD games (I'm relatively new to FPS, mainly been playing RPGs and MMORPGs); however I thoroughly enjoyed the single player even if it isn't that long. The experience was a real rush, and each mission was different with cut-scenes being a real blast.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The game's good, sadly I'm not playing the mp anymore, because of the lag. Possibly the laggest game I've played, the ping is extremely high, almost unplayable.

Now i'm gonna try the spec ops to plat the game, too bad we have some spec ops where you need to play a co-op game, and that's not good. I'd rather choose to play alone, I don't like depending on another person to achieve a trophy...

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The ping lag is solely because of your own connection pate, or from the servers you play on being laggy for some reason. I've never had lag problems unless the host sucked, in that case he often gets replaced quickly. I play on Xbox Live though, experiences may differ with PC / PS3, not sure what you're playing, I'm assuming PS3 if my memory serves me well.

As far as I know there's no special op missions you need to co-op on? What are those missions called? I'm pretty sure I've done them all both alone and in co-op mode unless my memory is failing me. Sadly I can't log on to check as my Xbox got the RRoD (red ring of death) yesterday, I'm so pissed off. Going to buy a new one later today.

As for the game, it rocks, and I'm still playing it pretty much daily for ~2 hours. I never play alone though. I just don't find games like this fun to play with random dudes, it's a type of game I need to play with friends for it to be fun. Unlike MMO's that I can play for endless hours all by myself, I get bored of playing MW2 after just a few rounds online if I play alone. Just bought the Resurgence Park a few days ago, man it rocks. The new maps "Fuel" and "Carnival" are totally awesome. "Vacant" and "Strike?" weren't among my favorites from MW1 really, so I'm a little dissapointed that they included those. I would have preferred other maps. "Crash" was my absolute favorite in MW1 though, so I was really glad when it was included in the Stimulus package.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I played the game for a quite long time .... now im at lvl70 (prestige 7) and not planing on doing prestige again because now i like the 7th-prestige-symbol
    What i dont like are the kill-streaks-rewards - i ve : predator,harrier and chopper gunner. And when i get the predator i will getting most of the times (90%) the harrier and then (80%) of the times the chopper gunner. I think the kill-streaks-rewards are just overpowered.
    And there are really a lot of campers in this game, really annoying - but its ok...they kill me only once, after that they will be killed
    The other fact that i dont like about MW2 - no dedicated servers

But at the moments im playing more Bad Company 2 - for me it is the better game than MW2.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so awesome that I helped my team, who was at least 200 points behind, catch up and win the game when I joined in the middle of them playing. :3

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Sniping is kinda let down for me in MW2. I liked sniping in COD 4. It had more realism and I hate using one Claymore. The lag depends upon host mostly. If you live in Singapore and you are connected to a host in US, you will get lag.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Resurgence Pack was a much bigger hit in my book compared the Stimulus pack. Carnival is just amazing and I love vacant for Search and Destroy.

Right now I'm 8th prestige and still going strong trying to reach 10th prestige before COD: Black Ops comes out . Other than commando being annoying at times I pretty much enjoy the multiplayer for this game. Search and Destroy is my favorite game mode because of the high stakes of the game in which you one life per round. Plus you get to show off a bit more because once you die you get to watch everyone else, but its better when everyone else has to watch you beat the crap out of someone.

Other than SnD, I love domination because its easier for nukes. I have 22 so far but thats nothing compared to a friend of mine who just reached 100 .

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Riot shield plus smart teammate = pwn.

I joined in a game where my team was 1K behind. We won, thanks to my ingenuity.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast