Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Release Date: Feb. 15, 2011 (US), Feb. 18, 2011 (EU)
    Writer: Frank Tieri
    Boxart Cover Artist: Adi Granov

Storyline:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Tieri
    Victor Von Doom has assembled the greatest villians his world has to offer. But there are other worlds than theirs...

Together with the diabolical Albert Wesker, a villian from another such world, this unholy alliance will join their respective universes in an effort to conquer both.

But doing so has come with a terrible price. A great and powerful threat has been awakened... a threat that will set into motion a battle the likes of which neither world has ever known.

A battle that will decide the fate of two worlds!

Gameplay:
    Quote Originally Posted by Capcom
    Features
    • Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
    • Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
    • 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
    • Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.

Game Modes
    Simple Mode: This is for new players. Chain combos are performed by simply tapping the corresponding buttons. Hyper Combos and Special Moves can be executed with one button press. However, using this mode will drastically reduce the amount of super moves.
    Normal Mode: TBA
    Mission Mode: Users can train themselves with a series of character specific challenges.
    VS Mode: Players can play against each other. Online play is available.
    Shadow Mode (DLC): Set your AI team in the gaming style of Capcom developers and popular gamers from the fighting game scene.

Feature:
    License Card: This data tracks down players tendencies based on their fighting styles.

Characters:
    Spoiler show

Achievements/Trophies List
    Spoiler show

Videos:
    Capcom's Official MvC3 Youtube page
    Capcom's Live Stream (might not be available all of the time)

Sources:
    Capcom Unity
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    Marvel's Image Gallery
    Marvel Video Games
    MvC3 Japanese Blog
    MvC3 - Achievement List
    Wikipedia page

Since the game is overtaking the discussion at the Game Hangout thread, I decided to create a new thread for it.

Let me know if I'm missing anything.
    Last edited by riki; February 15, 2011 at 06:27 PM.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Awesome thread Riki! Plus you always seem to deliver with news on this game so we will have a lot to talk about. So far the character I'm dying to play as is Chris Redfield. I really like how the implemented all his weapons into this came to the point of even using Proximity bombs which were something I always found to virtually be worthless while playing Resident Evil . Its good to see that they are also getting innovative by including a non human character like Amateratsu, I don't know much about her but it is interesting to see something without arms and legs fight on par with people. So far Dead Pool and Dante seem like they are going to be high tiers and they do indeed have some pretty insane movements. But apparently all the balancing hasn't been completed in the game yet so I think its still too early to create a tier list.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My brothers would probably pick Ryu since he is easy to use though Deadpool looks fun to play as.

The official MvC3 T-shirt for Comic-Con hinted at two new characters: Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA o man that does look like Viewtiful Joe, that would be pretty interesting to see him in the game. My personal favorite though is that I'm dying to see and am rooting for Wesker!!! He would be a perfect fit for this game and a nice addition. He's really badass and has a bunch of unique moves and would really go well. Plus his character is good as well and the comments he would make would be pretty sweet as well. This game already is amazing looking but Wesker being in it would just send me over the top!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wesker is the main villain for Resident Evil, correct? If so, I think he will be included since the writer did say that he enjoyed writing the story of Street Fighter and Resident Evil bad guys.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a pretty good hint. Now though I would be disappointed to not have him though after hearing a comment like that. Fighting games always need a healthy mix of good and bad guys and Wesker is a perfect one for the Capcom side. He's strong and fast (practically warps space and time even though he's not actually warping .) I just find that his move set would be quite interesting and would definitely have a lot to offer.

Another rumor I've heard is that people want Phoenix Wright in the game. Now if Capcom could pull that off then they are really gods. . They would have to make a bunch of original moves for him though, but either way he would also be an interesting addition.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, Phoenix Wright was supposed to be included in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but one of his attacks would unbalance the game so I don't know if they would include him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Though they had come up with an attack that used his catch-phrase "Igiari!" ("Objection!" in English), with the letters themselves used to attack the opponent, they found that localization would have changed the four-character phrase (in kanji) to a ten-letter word and would have unbalanced the game.
    Apparently, Capcom has confirmed that Phoenix Wright won't be in the game.

New screenshots and videos are out! Yeah, I think Thor and Ammy were not supposed to be revealed yet but someone at Marvel accidentally messed up.

Anyway, the producer of Ghost Trick said that if there are a lot of fan demand for Phoenix Wright and/or Cecil Edgeworth, he would bug the MvC3 producers on their behalf. ^^
    Last edited by riki; July 23, 2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

......My jaw just dropped at Amaterasu's moves.....Like Honestly I wasn't expecting her to be THAT awesome! It was fast and fluid and I absolutely loved what she did. Those were some really nice combos and her special was pretty flashy (even though I have no idea what it was )

Thor was sweet as well. I couldn't help but laughing when he goes "I dedicate this fight to Odin!" I fell out of my chair. His hammer action is pretty sweet especially when he combos it in the air. I like how he looks as well.

Man its always a pleasure when you deliver information Riki, Keep it coming!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

already got my team in my head.. Dante-main Wolverine-sub Amaterasu-sub

might switch wolverine if we get someone really aweasome from the Onimusha series hopefully Samonosuke not Soki

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Capcom's live stream right now. According to them, Dante's Level 3 move has some bugs right now so he has 18 new moves instead.

Super-Skrull has a piledriver attack and both he and Thor have unblockable moves (punch or kick). Ammy has a time attack, which can slow down time. Her whip can reach the entire screen and she can switch between the whip and sword.

Apparently, Trish is kinda cheap because she can lay down a trap and throw her sword at her opponent. Unfortunately, it looks like Ryu isn't good in the game. Ryu does not have Akuma's dive kick or an air dash. According to one of the players who competed in the MvC3 tournament, Ryu's super is the only best move so far.

Gene from Godhand will not be in the game.

I might miss some info because it's hard to write and listen to the live chat at the same time.

Besides Phoenix Wright and Gene, two more characters have been confirmed NOT to be in the game: Punisher and Ghost Rider.
    Last edited by riki; July 24, 2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I woulnd't wan't Ghost Rider, although Punisher would have actually been a bit interesting. He's one of the more normal Marvel guys so I think he would have actually been a nice balance to the marvel side of things, but o well.

I know its supposed to have less characters than MvC2? How many are we expecting for this game?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I read online, at least over 30 characters though they might add more via DLC. One of the Capcom workers has a confirmed list of characters but it hasn't been finalized yet.
    Last edited by riki; July 24, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    From what I read online, at least over 30 characters though they might add more via DLC. One of the Capcom workers has a confirmed list of characters but it hasn't be finalized yet.
    Well thats nice that there is hope for more because I having that many characters in MvC2 was one of things that made it very appealing. I know things can be overkill sometimes but I never thought that one was really. I think 40 would be an ideal number for this game IMO.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

im sure was ment be 25 or something like that they want solid movesets not flabby roster where characters dont get played ...not liking Chris Redfield looks slow his moveset rather have had Jill back...altho waiting for Wesker to be announced see if he quick attacker.

edit: IGN has confirmed that none of the Fantasic Four will be playable characters ....oh n there is street fighter vs tekken game coming out next year or sooner
    Last edited by Hystzen; July 24, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckily, someone at wiki got some info that I missed.

Quote Quote:
    Other characters confirmed to be absent by Niitsuma include Daredevil, Emma Frost, Gene, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Phoenix Wright, and characters from Rival Schools and Power Stone.
    I posted more info about Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter at the Game Hangout thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    Well thats nice that there is hope for more because I having that many characters in MvC2 was one of things that made it very appealing. I know things can be overkill sometimes but I never thought that one was really. I think 40 would be an ideal number for this game IMO.
    Sometimes I think less is better though. Blazblue has only 12 characters and it was pretty good.

New updates:
    - No felynes (Monster Hunter series)
    - There will a lot of Megaman references in the background
    - No cyberbots
    - There might be a collector's edition but of course, Capcom wants to know what fans want. So far OST, art book, and fight stick seem to be very popular based on the live chat conversation.
    - New characters will be announced next month
    - They are going to use the model art instead of Shinkiro's art in the game.
    - Capcom is trying to add recording to the online play.
    - No color editor but there will be different colors for 2nd and 3rd players
    - At least 10 stages
    - Marvel characters will only speak English
    - They will announce about the music soon.
    - Someone asked about whether or not Onimusha characters will be in the game but they didn't say anything about it.

No more information for now. They don' want to reveal anything else or they might get in trouble.

The Mega Man Network has posted a snippet of Capcom Unity's Comic-Con interview with Niitsuma (MvC3 producer). It's mostly about how they're hinting that there will be a Mega Man character in the game.

Siliconera has posted their interview with Ryoto Niitsuma. Here are the interesting tidbits:

- No original characters this time
    - Two of the Marvel stages are Daily Bugle stage and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier stage
    - Each character has his or her own ending, but Capcom is currently trying to incorporate the overall story with all of the characters
    - There will be a few unlockable and hidden characters, but most of them will be playable at the beginning
    - Niitsuma might consider having character DLCs
    - There will be no characters from Rival School and Strider may or may not be in the game.

Capcom is going to make some more announcements at Gamescom, which is on Aug. 18th. This is most likely about new characters since they did promise they will reveal new ones next month.

A new video but I think it's just the Japanese version of the one shown in Comic-con.

Capcom Unity posted a translation of Niitsuma's blog report of Comic Con.

Quote Quote:
    However, on the live stream, I may have said too much... I think the promotion manager is gonna be angry with me for all the answers I gave. But personally, I wanted the players to feel that they could close the gap between themselves and the people who make the game. I really enjoyed it.

In the game rom for Comic-Con, a few characters got some new moves and we made a lot of changes to the game balance from E3. So I thought that the game felt a lot more like an entry in the Marvel vs Capcom series.

If I really get into the details, this will become long so I'll save that for another day. For the E3 build, perhaps the game felt more like Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but for this time at Comic-Con, I felt the game balance was much more closer to Marvel vs Capcom 2. That's not to say that the game is MvC2 of course, but just that it felt closer to that game nuance-wise.

Well, we are planning to reveal more characters in the upcoming days, and these guys will help to bring out that Marvel vs Capcom series feeling, not to mention their own unique features that we are working on.

So, there might be things like adding a flight ability to a character, or a game system that only one character can use. We're going to be experimenting with various things, so I hope you are all looking forward to it.

Next month is GamesCom in Germany, but Capcom will not have a booth there. However, I'm thinking I would like to announce something new, so please keep your eyes peeled for that.

MvC3 assistant producer wrote a blog entry. He hinted that they will introduce a new promo trailer and there might be new characters announcement at Gamescom.

I think it's funny the reason that Marvel characters always win in the demo is because Capcom hasn't finished the win poses of their characters.

Dormammu and Viewtiful Joe have been officially announced at Gamescom. Click the link for screenshots.
    Last edited by riki; August 18, 2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast