Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The Senju's or the Uchiha's

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju's

    56 74.67%
  • Uchiha's

    19 25.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 247

Thread: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

  1. #16
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zero Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Iran
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Madara was able to handle Minato's attack and follow him. Even after being stabbed and Rasengan'd, Madara was still able to walk and do his ability. Now consider what he'll be able to do when he's not the only one attacking and thus doesn't have to go solid. Imagine the sort of combos he could set up with Sasuke, Who would be free to attack without worry of hurting Madara.


    dude are we talking about the same chapter? minato beat the shit out of him in the matter of seconds and just because he was still able to runaway you are saying he can handle minato ...

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    ^^But he's right...Minato's succession of jutsus he's quick thinking totally owned Tobi...but that wasn't enough...we also saw that it's nothing for Tobi to lose an arm...so losing an arm was really nothing...and in a 1 on 1 fight Minato probably would've had the advantage, because he marked Tobi...but there's no point if he can't land a hit on him...and this battle wasn't really for defeating each other...Tobi wanted to control Kyuubi and destroy Konoha, and Minato to stop him...well Minato stopped him for a while, but Kyuubi killed him...
    So it's really hard and if you take a look at the whole picture it's not like Minato owned...and Tobi just teleported away...there's really no way to know what could've happened...as far as we know genjutsu and other ninjutsu could've worked against Minato

    About his combos with Sasuke...it could be some nice teleporting stuff combined with Susano'o...well insane...I still think this battle goes to Uchiha, but it's a close call...character and manga wise it would go to Minato and Naruto, but taken out of plot context...Uchiha
    Last edited by benelori; August 01, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #18
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Sama View Post


    dude are we talking about the same chapter? minato beat the shit out of him in the matter of seconds and just because he was still able to runaway you are saying he can handle minato ...
    But he did. Madara was able to counter Minato twice before Minato was able to hit him, And he was able to survive his strongest technique with minimal wounds. I would call that handling. Now take into account that the only reason Minato was able to get those hits in was because Madara had to be solid to attack himself, Which wouldn't be the case with a partner.

  6. #19
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    I can't really say this for sure because we haven't seen Sasuke's EMS, but if Naruto has the Kyuubi, then he wins this IMO
    He can create 10 000 kb, transforming 75% of them into Ma, Pa and Minato, summon Ma and Pa, and then they use frog song while while Sasuke and Madara try to find the original ones.
    Minato can S/T barrier amaterasu away and Madara can't attack because he would be raped by all the clones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  7. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    What Madara was aiming to do was teleport Minato out of the way so he could reak havoc on Konoha. I'd like to say Minato and Naruto could take it, (which I did before), but when we see Madara come at someone with more of a killers intent we'll get more answers as to how he can be beaten. Madara coming out unharmed still dosen't fully prove to me that he could take Minato, I mean, if all he could do to get Minato out of the way is teleport him then what power does Madara really have? and if he really wasn't harmed by Minato why did he leave instead of continuing to try to teleport Minato away?

    Oh and also, If Madara remains untouchable the whole time then what use is he to the battle? He has to be solid to do anything useful, such as teleport. I'm sure they'll be some way through the Susanoo (maybe FRS?) that will also be revealed.
    Last edited by Naruffy; August 01, 2010 at 11:03 PM.

  8. #21
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    UR right, but that proves that the outcome is not that obvious as Minato owning Tobi, and nor Tobi owning Minato...

  9. #22
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    I can't really say this for sure because we haven't seen Sasuke's EMS, but if Naruto has the Kyuubi, then he wins this IMO
    He can create 10 000 kb, transforming 75% of them into Ma, Pa and Minato, summon Ma and Pa, and then they use frog song while while Sasuke and Madara try to find the original ones.
    Minato can S/T barrier amaterasu away and Madara can't attack because he would be raped by all the clones.
    The simple solution to that would be Sasuke simply lighting the field on fire with Amaterasu, Thus eliminating all the clones and possibly Minato and Naruto, While Sasuke and Madara just sit back and wait. And as Amaterasu burns, Sasuke can set up Kirin to get Minato or use Susanoo's arrow. Minato could only teleport Amaterasu if it's aimed at him, And if he tries he'll leave himself open to Madara.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    What Madara was aiming to do was teleport Minato out of the way so he could reak havoc on Konoha. I'd like to say Minato and Naruto could take it, (which I did before), but when we see Madara come at someone with more of a killers intent we'll get more answers as to how he can be beaten. Madara coming out unharmed still dosen't fully prove to me that he could take Minato, I mean, if all he could do to get Minato out of the way is teleport him then what power does Madara really have? and if he really wasn't harmed by Minato why did he leave instead of continuing to try to teleport Minato away?
    Madara coming out unharmed shows that most of what Minato has would be useless against him. He can't really win if he can't knock Madara out, Now can he.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Oh and also, If Madara remains untouchable the whole time then what use is he to the battle? He has to be solid to do anything useful, such as teleport. I'm sure they'll be some way through the Susanoo (maybe FRS?) that will also be revealed.
    It's not that Madara remains phase during the whole fight, It's that Madara can feint attacks to catch Minato and Naruto off guard. Also, Madara doesn't have to be solid to teleport himself as far as we've seen, Only when pulling in other people.

  10. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Madara coming out unharmed shows that most of what Minato has would be useless against him. He can't really win if he can't knock Madara out, Now can he.
    Even in their short skirmish, it's clear that Minato had the upper hand. He managed to injure (maybe not clearly but still) Madara, place a mark on him (enabling himself to teleport back to Madara to land another attack) and take control of Kyuubi away from him. Yes, Madara took a Rasengan and remained standing, He's not the only person in the series to do so. He did state that he was injured so I doubt he could take Rasengans all day. IMO Madara wouldn't of left if he what Minato had done hadn't effected him in some way. If Minato's attack truly was useless, then what was stopping Madara from continuing his attack on Minato? If it was about losing control of the kyuubi then wouldn't he of just had to teleport Minato away and regain control of the kyuubi?

  11. #24
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    How? By Minato's own admission Madara saw thru everything he did. Minato had a hard time dealing with Madara til the Hiraishin second stage, And even then Madara was capable of continuing. With the trick revealed, Minato would have had a hard time landing other hit on Madara. Madara left because the Kyuubi was no longer under his control. Once Madara lost control of the Kyuubi, He had no reason to stay around. He couldn't try and put the Kyuubi back under his control since that would have involved revealing himself to the rest of Konoha, Which he was avoiding. Anyway, This is moving away from the main point. Let's say that neither Minato or Madara have what it takes to take the other out, Thus it would come down to their partner to do that. Sasuke would have a much easier time taking Minato out then Naruto would have taking on Madara.

  12. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    How? By Minato's own admission Madara saw thru everything he did. Minato had a hard time dealing with Madara til the Hiraishin second stage, And even then Madara was capable of continuing. With the trick revealed, Minato would have had a hard time landing other hit on Madara. Madara left because the Kyuubi was no longer under his control. Once Madara lost control of the Kyuubi, He had no reason to stay around. He couldn't try and put the Kyuubi back under his control since that would have involved revealing himself to the rest of Konoha, Which he was avoiding. Anyway, This is moving away from the main point. Let's say that neither Minato or Madara have what it takes to take the other out, Thus it would come down to their partner to do that. Sasuke would have a much easier time taking Minato out then Naruto would have taking on Madara.
    Minato's words really don't make sense when you look at the fight. The only time Madara truly had the upper hand was when he managaed to separate Minato from Kushina. Sasuke does have better chance of beating Minato that Naruto has beating Madara, mainly because Naruto has no plausible way of landing a hit on Madara. However, I don't think Sasuke can beat Minato. Considering how quickly Minato was able to come up with a plan to land a hit on Madara, I don't think he'll have much trouble handling Sasuke. I think this fight will basically be determined the outcome of Naruto Vs. Sasuke.

  13. #26
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    It's the opposite. Minato was being pushed by Madara and only gained the upper-hand with Hiraishin second stage, Which wouldn't have worked again on Madara. It was an one off trick and Madara would have been expecting it the second time along with the seal on himself. Even then, Madara still achieved what he wanted.

    I don't see why Sasuke couldn't. It took three attack attempts for Minato to figure a way to counter Madara, Plenty of time for Sasuke to do what he needs to do. Sasuke's long range techniques means he can attack Minato before Minato has a chance to even get to him and Susanoo provides defense against the majority of Minato's attacks along with another option for fast range attacks. Plus his hawk summons means he could hang outside of their range and set himself up. Sasuke has several options to stall both Minato and Naruto, And with Madara there to provide support he shouldn't have any trouble taking either one out.

  14. #27
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King
    It's the opposite. Minato was being pushed by Madara and only gained the upper-hand with Hiraishin second stage, Which wouldn't have worked again on Madara.
    Despite what Yondaime said about fighting Tobi to Naruto, I still think Minato did pretty well. And I don't think Minato was being pushed by Tobi, or the other way around. It was fairly equal match, in which Tobi wanted to 'have fun' with Hokage so Kyuubi dealt damage to the village, while Minato wanted to 'separate' control of Kyuubi from Tobi. You say that it was "one off trick" BUT you doesn't count the possibility 'what if Minato wanted to kill the guy, hmm? If Minato is really that good at thinking as most ppl think, he would kill Tobi in that "one off trick" with sth more than "kunai" <which doesn't kill in Narutoverse >. He's not Hidan for god pain sake xd

    Aside from that: until I see what Naruto and Sasuke can do with their new abilities, and concentrating on what I saw till now: Uchihas takes this one, period.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #28
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The simple solution to that would be Sasuke simply lighting the field on fire with Amaterasu, Thus eliminating all the clones and possibly Minato and Naruto, While Sasuke and Madara just sit back and wait. And as Amaterasu burns, Sasuke can set up Kirin to get Minato or use Susanoo's arrow. Minato could only teleport Amaterasu if it's aimed at him, And if he tries he'll leave himself open to Madara.
    Minato can teleport anything as long as it's close to him, otherwise he wouldn't be able to teleport the Kyuubi.
    Also, Madara can't go near the originals (even if he somehow finds them) because then all the clones would stab/slash/rasengan him immediatly.
    Minato could also seal the amaterasu like Jiraya did, only it would require a litle more time.
    It is also possible for Naruto to distract Sasuke with either clones or with some FRS.
    In the meantime, Madara wouldn't be able to get near the original Ma and Pa because they would be surrounded by clones, and since Madara can't turn solid inside someone, they would be safe from all his attacks.
    Again, this is without knowing whatever 4th power Sasuke will get, so I'm calling this a tie because of that.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; August 05, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  17. #29
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    I thought Tobi was pretty pathetic when he fought Minato. I also think Naruto is on par with Sasuke now as far as we know. Since we don't know what will happen with Sasuke's EMS or Naruto's new strength with QB it could really go either way.

  18. #30
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato and Naruto vs Tobi and Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Minato can teleport anything as long as it's close to him, otherwise he wouldn't be able to teleport the Kyuubi.
    Also, Madara can't go near the originals (even if he somehow finds them) because then all the clones would stab/slash/rasengan him immediatly.
    Minato could also seal the amaterasu like Jiraya did, only it would require a litle more time.
    It is also possible for Naruto to distract Sasuke with either clones or with some FRS.
    In the meantime, Madara wouldn't be able to get near the original Ma and Pa because they would be surrounded by clones, and since Madara can't turn solid inside someone, they would be safe from all his attacks.
    Again, this is without knowing whatever 4th power Sasuke will get, so I'm calling this a tie because of that.
    Presumably, Minato would have to be touching the person to teleport them, Which is still different from teleporting something Amaterasu. Madara can easily go for the originals, Since as we seen he wouldn't go solid til he was sure he could catch the real one. There's nothing showing that Minato could seal Amaterasu and even if he could, He couldn't do it in the middle of battle. Neither the clones or FRS would distract Sasuke before he burns the field with Amaterasu and once he's in the air, They won't be much use. By the time Madara concerns himself with Ma and Pa, Either Amaterasu or Kirin would have eliminated the clones. Sasuke's EMS ability would merely be frosting on the cake. Their current abilities give the Uchihas the edge for now.

New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts