Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why didn't Nagato revive Yahiko back then?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't Nagato revive Yahiko back then?

I know this is really off what everybody's talking about nowadays, but it is puzzling why Nagato couldn't just revive Yahiko using his jutsu, it should be little of an issue for him....

Anyone would like to explain?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why didn't Nagato revive Yahiko back then?

He probably did not know the technique at that time.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

it is also likely he could only revive people he killed himself. Remember the souls of the people he killed were inside that enma thing naraku summoned.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

he killed him himself...

5. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    it is also likely he could only revive people he killed himself. Remember the souls of the people he killed were inside that enma thing naraku summoned.
    Doesn't he have that jutsu that resurrects the bodies of Pain which were destroyed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't he revive Jiraiya? Maybe it was too long ago since he killed him, and maybe it was too long ago when he learned that jutsu to revive Yahiko...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hengyu View Post
    Doesn't he have that jutsu that resurrects the bodies of Pain which were destroyed.
    The aren't revived in the same context though, they are dead from the start. All nagato does is to channel his chakra to power them up and make them move around. I don't think resurrecting people would be as easy as that.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raido-Senpai View Post
    Why didn't he revive Jiraiya? Maybe it was too long ago since he killed him, and maybe it was too long ago when he learned that jutsu to revive Yahiko...
    Jiraya's body wasn't found. Also, even if the soul found its master 'the gasp of revival' would have drowned him. On top the chakra used to revive a 'non-pain' is clearly heavy on Nagato (I imply in this sentence that the quantity doesn't matter but the fact of reviving... this last point is very arguable and I am perfectly aware of it).

As to why he hadn't revived Yahiko my guess is he simply didn't knew he had the power. I know what you are saying 'cheap excuse'. But he clearly didn't, why else didn't he go six bodies of badass on the guys that ambushed him?. It was said that Life and Death was the seventh body's ability. The length of the death made it impossible for him to revive Yahiko later.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; July 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be that nagato can revive people. However, to restore their full personality like he did to konoha and kakashi the incident needs to be recent. That's maybe the reason why he did it w/o taking a breather first. The same for yahiko case, he learnt the 7th realm sometime after he died. Thus he revived him like the other bodies but cannot give them a personality. Beside he revived hundreds of people, and died the same way as kakashi. Reviving pain body every now and then wouldn't do such a toll. Reviving jiraiya at that time would not give him his personality back. Thus it was futile effort to do so.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would nagato revive jiraiya?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Then why would Tobi rely on Pein to use that jutsu just in-case?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I suppose he never used that thing before, as it required him to lose his life in the process. So, it was a once in a lifetime jutsu, and one that only works for recently deceased people.

He wouldn't revive Yahiko because he had a goal to fulfill before giving his life away. And when he decided to use it, it was too late for Yahiko.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was a death jutsu like Shiki Fujin is. IIRC Konan said something like "Nagato, with your current chakra you'll- (die)", I can't be bothered looking for the chapter really. But it was appearant that he wouldn't normally die from it. How else would you explain him using the exact same jutsu to revive Asura Pain before the fight begun? He didn't die then. Why he didn't revive Yahiko is a huge plot hole to me, unless he was a total noob and didn't know the technique back then. Jiraiya could have been "too far away" or something, or been dead too long. And why Madara never used him before it was too late is a huge plot hole too.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he didn't actually revive Asura Pain, so maybe that's why he didn't die when fixing it. In order to trully generate life, he likely would have to give up his own in exchange. At least that's what happened when he revived the people of Konoha. But otherwise that's one of those things we should throw back to Kishi's answer in a future Databook. I'm almost certain that reviving someone (not just fixing a "zombie" body) required his self-sacrifice.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Well, I suppose he never used that thing before, as it required him to lose his life in the process. So, it was a once in a lifetime jutsu, and one that only works for recently deceased people.

He wouldn't revive Yahiko because he had a goal to fulfill before giving his life away. And when he decided to use it, it was too late for Yahiko.
    Actually, the jutsu wouldn't require his life. He died from using it due to low chakra at the time due to his fight with Naruto. Konan says this and Nagato verifies it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3cmm View Post
    I don't think it was a death jutsu like Shiki Fujin is. IIRC Konan said something like "Nagato, with your current chakra you'll- (die)", I can't be bothered looking for the chapter really. But it was appearant that he wouldn't normally die from it. How else would you explain him using the exact same jutsu to revive Asura Pain before the fight begun? He didn't die then. Why he didn't revive Yahiko is a huge plot hole to me, unless he was a total noob and didn't know the technique back then. Jiraiya could have been "too far away" or something, or been dead too long. And why Madara never used him before it was too late is a huge plot hole too.
    I don't think he used that jutsu to revive Asura. Didn't look like that jutsu.

And I don't think Nagato revived Yahiko because he didn't know he had the ability to do that. By the time he realized it, it was probably too late. It seems there's a time limit on using the jutsu on dead people, even he said it himself: "I still have time to revive all those people I killed. It's the least I could do." Something along those lines anyway.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast