Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why didn't Nagato revive Yahiko back then?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why didn't Nagato revive Yahiko back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Raido-Senpai View Post
    Why didn't he revive Jiraiya? Maybe it was too long ago since he killed him, and maybe it was too long ago when he learned that jutsu to revive Yahiko...
    Jiraiya wasn't in the vicinity when he decided to revive the Konoha people...

And he was dead for too long a period of time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Well, he didn't actually revive Asura Pain, so maybe that's why he didn't die when fixing it.
    All pain body who went inside 7th realm are not only revived but also fully healed and fixed. On the other hand konoha were still injured. Also even ashura has mechanical body he still bleeds. Thus internal organs still exist within his body to certain extend.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they weren't alive, as Pain required dead bodies to build the six-realms of Pain.

And after Madara spoke to Zetsu about the ressurrection jutsu, it made it seem like it was life-spendable. "He had promised to spend it on me." or something similar. If someone could look that up, I think it establishes that Nagato would die whenever he used that jutsu. That he wouldn't be able to reuse it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well granny chiyo explained that to bring back life you have to give up life.i know pain had a lot of chakra but even the death god needs life to seal away a life.as far as him not knowing the jutsu when yahiko died,why keep his body then?or,maybe he didn't know it but need oro or someone like zetsu to resurrect or copy his body after he learned it?i think it took massive chakra for nagato to bring konoha back only speaks to how much he had left after naruto beat the last pein.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    well granny chiyo explained that to bring back life you have to give up life.i know pain had a lot of chakra but even the death god needs life to seal away a life.as far as him not knowing the jutsu when yahiko died,why keep his body then?or,maybe he didn't know it but need oro or someone like zetsu to resurrect or copy his body after he learned it?i think it took massive chakra for nagato to bring konoha back only speaks to how much he had left after naruto beat the last pein.
    So to put it in context, you don't only use chakra to revive, but also life force. Perhaps that's why he hadn't done it before.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bach's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i like think that nagato at that time couldn't use jutsu like shinra tensei.

He "learned" this jutsu only after he connected himself with gedo mazo.

Some time later he learned the rivive jutsu and pain rikudo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hengyu View Post
    I know this is really off what everybody's talking about nowadays, but it is puzzling why Nagato couldn't just revive Yahiko using his jutsu, it should be little of an issue for him....

Anyone would like to explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by ImADN View Post
    He probably did not know the technique at that time.
    Pretty much what ImADN said he was just a teenager at the time and we know the Rinnegan has many abilities he probably only scratched the surface of those abilities.

As he had no clan to teach him and no one had seen the Rinnegan in centuries he had to figure it out on his own over time. Otherwise he would't have hesitated and all his friends dying would have been irrelevant.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by $nipe View Post
    So to put it in context, you don't only use chakra to revive, but also life force. Perhaps that's why he hadn't done it before.
    I don't think Nagato really needs his lifeforce to revive others. He only used it in this instance because he was out of chakra. I think Nagato's powers are better version of the jutsu we've seen. Unlike Yamanaka (Ino's clan), Nagato doesn't need to use seals or do anything to read anyone's mind. When he summons, I don't think he uses blood. So it's possible that his version of revival jutsu requires chakra, but no lifeforce or exchange of life.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^His improvement could have been the fact he ressurrected tons of people with just his life. It's already way above other jutsus, just because of that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If you remember page 9 of Chapter 449, he stated "There's still time to save those I killed when I came to Konoha" which basically tells me that there is a time limit for Nagato to be able to revive people. Hence Jiraiya being unable to be revived. As for Nagato, it is potential he didn't have the ability at the time. Also to the one who said he can only revive someone he's killed, that's not entirely true. If you recall, Kakashi did not die by Pain's hands. He used Mangekyo Sharingan to stop Asura Pain's missile headed for Choji and as a result expended the last of his chakra which caused him to die. While I realize this seems to contradict what I said about page 9...I believe he can revive others he indirectly killed too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he felt that reviving Yahiko back into a world still full of warfare and strife would be cruel, and decided that he would instead take up Yahiko's dream of changing the world.

Also, he probably hadn't developed the technique yet and it's implied that he can only revive the recently deceased.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato could have revived Yahiko, but remember that it would be at the cost of his own life. I don't think Nagato would have wanted to revive Yahiko on a battlefield against Hanzo, only for him to die again. Or, perhaps, Nagato's powers were too "immature" for him to be able to revive another person's life. I could go on and on, but as things were, Nagato being unable to save his best friend instrumented his revenge.

As to why Nagato didn't revive Yahiko in the present, after being inspired by Naruto, maybe there's a limit as to how long a person needs to be dead in order to be revived. The killed civilians and ninja in Konoha were killed that day. Meanwhile, Jiraiya has been dead for weeks. There could also be a limit in the space for which he could revive peoples' lives. He only revived the people in Konoha.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato became twisted and didn't consider such an option feasible. He decided that he had a new and better solution, and that Yahiko would continue to live on through him as one of his many weapons to bring peace and justice his way.

It's like he told Naruto, what he did with that resurrection technique was a choice he gave up on a long time ago.

Nope, it also doesn't appear that Nagato would give up his life at all to use that technique. Konan implied that the only reason Nagato was going to die, was because of his current chakra levels, not because it's a jutsu that was sure to cost him his life. He could resurrect people without giving up his life.

For example, surely tobi wasn't expecting Nagato to willingly give up his own life for his sake. Not even Kisame would be willing to do such a thing, I'm sure. Not a single member in Akatsuki is willing to go that far for madara, with maybe Zetsu being the exception.
    Last edited by SenninSage; July 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2