Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 500 (2) , Bleach 586 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: which team wins?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • shinji, starrk and isshin!

    6 37.50%
  • shunsui, gin and urahara!

    10 62.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somalia, looking for One Piece.
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    My favorite characters dukin it out! who wins?

    dome of los nachos (yummy) is the battle ground.

    full power! ready, fight!

    urahara can't use any invention that hasnt been seen in the manga.
    the abilities of each team are unknown to the other.
    Last edited by DEATHBOTT; July 28, 2010 at 01:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    tough one. i'll have to give it to Urahara, Shunsui, and Gin.

    Isshin, Shinji, and Stark have plenty of power, but Shunsui and Urahara bring the experience and brains, respectively. not that Shinji, Isshin, and Stark are inexperienced idiots or anything. but i dunno. it would be close either way.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Shunsui already took Starrk, Gin could stand against Shinji, Urahara might not be up to Isshin, but we don't know. It's either a tie or Shunsui's team. Urahara is pretty good and Shunsui is crazy with the shadow game plus color game. Isshin though, he's tough to judge since he has a GT and possibly a stronger one if he can go Bankai. But of course there's the wolves of Starrk, but I'm sure that Shunsui could find a way around those again. If not then Urahara could use one of his tricks. Shinji I'm sure has bankai, but what? And his mask made him pretty strong, comparable at least to Grimmjow. It's a tough call but Urahara and Shunsui give the win in my books.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somalia, looking for One Piece.
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Shunsui already took Starrk, Gin could stand against Shinji, Urahara might not be up to Isshin, but we don't know. It's either a tie or Shunsui's team. Urahara is pretty good and Shunsui is crazy with the shadow game plus color game. Isshin though, he's tough to judge since he has a GT and possibly a stronger one if he can go Bankai. But of course there's the wolves of Starrk, but I'm sure that Shunsui could find a way around those again. If not then Urahara could use one of his tricks. Shinji I'm sure has bankai, but what? And his mask made him pretty strong, comparable at least to Grimmjow. It's a tough call but Urahara and Shunsui give the win in my books.
    damn, i promised myself i would stop replying to you because its pointless but i cant help myself. what do you mean by shinji has bankai, but what? and urahara's tricks, what would these be? its funny how if urahara's fighting against one of your favourite characters his tricks mean nothing but when he is on shunsui's team he magically gains the power to negate starrks strongest attack.

  5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yoruichi
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    damn, i promised myself i would stop replying to you because its pointless but i cant help myself. what do you mean by shinji has bankai, but what? and urahara's tricks, what would these be? its funny how if urahara's fighting against one of your favourite characters his tricks mean nothing but when he is on shunsui's team he magically gains the power to negate starrks strongest attack.
    ^ This post has so much logic. And I'm not being sarcastic. It was a good read.

    As for my real contribution to this thread,

    I'm really not sure... these are some of my favorite characters too!

    Furthermore, the teams are very well balanced. It's hard to say with certainty who would win this one.

    Urahara and Shunsui are both smart and strong, and Gin can be very deadly from a distance, specially with his very fast Bankai; However, Shinji is probably the strongest Vaizard, and his Sakanade could cause problems... then Stark and Isshin are very powerful fighters as well.

    If I really had to pick... I guess maybe Urahara, Shunsui, and Gin...but with difficulty. I'm not sure though, it would be very close. I think it could go either way.
    Last edited by Jackk; July 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM.

  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    i think what some people forget is that shunsui's shadow games were introduced as a wild card and very risky one at that, if i remember right it has to be his sword thats motivated enough to initiate the games in the first place. and it effects anyone within its reiatsu, which could force everyone to close to shunsui to have to participate.

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    The rules of the shadow game state that whoever steps on a shadow loses. Not everyone who casts a shadow. This was seen when he attacked fake Aizen. He jumped in the shadow of the ice from Hitsugaya. No one else was affected, perhaps the color game could do this but the shadow game is a bit different. He has to attack the shadow or from the shadow.

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yoruichi
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I guess you don't know how to read the english language. "But what?" is what is Shinji's bankai? Isn't that pretty obvious? So what was meant was depending on what Shinji's bankai is I think he could be potentially stronger than Urahara or Gin. When did I say Urahara's tricks wouldn't work against Shunsui? You like to point out imaginary scenarios that don't even exist. You just seem to blatantly attack my posts because you're either bored or you just have it out for me. Regardless, you're wasting your time. I pay little attention to your logic because half the time there isn't any logic to pay attention to. I gave Urahara credit against Starrk because Starrk isn't a shinigami- and most captains are aware of other captains abilities. Proven point is when Shunsui stabbed Starrk and then Rose and Love realized it was Shunsui coming up from the shadows. They realized it was him because they know that is one of Shunsui's abilities. Starrk isn't a captain or a Shinigami, so he shouldn't have any clue as to what Urahara's tricks are. Keep attacking my posts though, I love seeing how biased you are against me, I get a good laugh out of it.

    I think that was said half-joking... no need to get offended man.

    I do have to say though, it does seem like when it's a fight where Shunsui is involved... you tend to be on that team more. DEATHBOTT did have a point. Maybe we're wrong and that's misinterpretation on our part, who knows..

    Either way, I think it is ok to have disagreements on these forums too. What would be the fun if we always agreed with everything?

    As for Shinji's bankai...

    You're saying that depending on what Shinji's bankai is... you think he could be potentially stronger than Urahara or Gin.

    Well, sure he could be...we have no idea what Shinji's Bankai is;however, we also have no idea what Urahara's Bankai is. Your guess is as good as mine in that regard.

    I still think this fight is very close, and would probably go either way.

    The OP had to pick some very balanced teams...

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    The rules of the shadow game state that whoever steps on a shadow loses. Not everyone who casts a shadow. This was seen when he attacked fake Aizen. He jumped in the shadow of the ice from Hitsugaya. No one else was affected, perhaps the color game could do this but the shadow game is a bit different. He has to attack the shadow or from the shadow.
    my mistake then. but that just means hes better off with the shadows then the colors cause that could go either way for both sides

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    I'm a Shunsui fan no doubt, but for reasons. I'm not trying to blow him out of proportion, but I don't think anyone could say there are many ways to beat him. He's pretty versatile, and it's hard to say exactly what kind of fighter he is. Many say he hides and strikes, or takes cheap shots but anyone here would do the same in a war. Kill or be killed, does it really matter how it's done? I just feel that his abilities, hiding in shadows, forcing opponents to play games, it goes to say that his abilities are pretty dangerous and the only way to really beat him would be to best him in his games. I just think that's pretty hard to do seeing as how he's the master of his zampakuto.

    And yeah I know Urahara has a bankai as well as Shinji, but if what people here assume is true (mask + bankai) then Shinji could potentially be stronger than Urahara and Gin and possibly Shunsui. I don't think they can use mask + bankai, but that's my opinion.

  12. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somalia, looking for One Piece.
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I guess you don't know how to read the english language. "But what?" is what is Shinji's bankai? Isn't that pretty obvious? So what was meant was depending on what Shinji's bankai is I think he could be potentially stronger than Urahara or Gin. When did I say Urahara's tricks wouldn't work against Shunsui? You like to point out imaginary scenarios that don't even exist. You just seem to blatantly attack my posts because you're either bored or you just have it out for me. Regardless, you're wasting your time. I pay little attention to your logic because half the time there isn't any logic to pay attention to. I gave Urahara credit against Starrk because Starrk isn't a shinigami- and most captains are aware of other captains abilities. Proven point is when Shunsui stabbed Starrk and then Rose and Love realized it was Shunsui coming up from the shadows. They realized it was him because they know that is one of Shunsui's abilities. Starrk isn't a captain or a Shinigami, so he shouldn't have any clue as to what Urahara's tricks are. Keep attacking my posts though, I love seeing how biased you are against me, I get a good laugh out of it.
    lol all i was asking was what you meant by "but what?" i actually didn't get what you meant so thanks for makeing it clear for me, nothing personal i just like to understand what people are saying in their posts.

    as for urahara's tricks, im just wondering what trick would negate starrks wolves. i think its a pretty good question. if urahara has a trick to negate starrks wolves then it isnt to far to assume that he could have a trick to negate shunsui's attacks. i actually remember you denying that urahara inventions would give him the power to defeat shunsui. so to me it looks like you are saying urahara's inventions could deal with starrk but not shunsui. i have no idea why you brought up starrks knowledge of urahare just now aswell. unless someone has actually fought urahara and seen that he has a trick to deal with their attacks then how would they know of it? wheather they are a captain or not.

    anyway to make it clear, urahara can only use inventions he has used so far, because given enough prep time he could possibly defeat anyone like aizan with ww against yama.

    as for the fight i think its pretty even slightly leaning towards shunsui, urahara and gin given both shunsui and urahara are both intelligent and versitile fighters and gin is hailed a genius himself so he can't be to shabby. added to that gins attack range and speed and both shunsui's and urahara's different methods of attack, the other team would struggle with defending. but then shinji and starrk would give a hell of a fight utiliseing sakanade and wolves togather. im actually not sure. it could go either way really. and on the banakai front both teams are even on how many havnt been seen and they a possibly the most hyped bankais along with aizan's, yama's, unohana's and ukitake's. im pretty sure we havnt seen the full power of isshin's, shunsui's and urahara's shikai let alone their bankais. so many variables.

  13. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    I don't think Urahara would get the chance to use a trick like the cuffs on another shinigami because of their knowledge of him creating things and i doubt anyone would willingly sit there and let urahara attack them. Aizen's confidence was the main reason urahara was able to use them. Urahara even said this.

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somalia, looking for One Piece.
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I don't think Urahara would get the chance to use a trick like the cuffs on another shinigami because of their knowledge of him creating things and i doubt anyone would willingly sit there and let urahara attack them. Aizen's confidence was the main reason urahara was able to use them. Urahara even said this.
    okay so we are talking about the cuffs now? this is the reason i question your posts, you dont mention things. so how are the cuffs going to deal with starrks wolves? or are we just talking merely about uraharas inventions working on a on someone who doesnt know he is a genius inventor compared to someone who did? are you saying shunsui or any other character would lose to urahara if they didn't know he was a genius inventor? these fights really depend on the situation. useally in these fantasy fights the opponents dont know of eachothers abilities. shunsui's main strength of his zanpakuto is that the opponent doesnt know of his ablities, and propbably alot of other characters too. and anyway i doubt that starrk would be so susectable as you say, he would still be wary of the the opponent, i think a bigger factor in urahara being able to pull off the cuff trick would be his speed compared to the opponent. i think he would have a better chance on isshin and shinji them being close quaters fighters.

    for this fight all ablities are unknown to the opponents.
    Last edited by DEATHBOTT; July 28, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    When Shunsui attacked Aizen (fake) in the shadows, he said you were careless. So I took from that he (Aizen) should know that Shunsui is able to use shadows as a base of attack. If your scenario for this fight is unknown abilities, I still don't believe the cuffs would be such a useful device for Urahara to use, unless he could somehow get close enough to slap them on someone. But I'm not sure how he could or if he could use them, regardless of how he put them on. With Aizen didn't he use a succession of kido spells to distract Aizen? And wasn't Aizen saying he didn't need to dodge level 90 kidos anyway? So I think Urahara realized that the Hog' combined with Aizen would allow him to take those attacks head long, but the cuffs he expected to work. I donno, I think Urahara is a match for most anyone, but not a definite win. But I'd say he'd have some success against these opponents.

  17. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somalia, looking for One Piece.
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Starrk, Isshin & Shinji vs Urahara, Shunsui and Gin

    i actually think team b's best hope is gin, if he can knick one of them it could turn the tide against team a. if not they are pretty defenceless against wolves and sakanade which is probably one of the best combos just behind gin and tousan's blind and disintergrate combo.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts