Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Berserk 316 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mat's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 316 Discussion

@ nerothos : No problem. I also prefer small units. But the more the merrier : Roderick, etc. can be good baits to serve Guts's goals... leaving his team "in a bloody way" as you said.

@ Forever Rain : You're right about the child. He was eaten and pratically dead. But, given that since Griffith's rebirth, everything is changed completely, maybe the world is ruled by new laws... so the child take advantage of it to be a "born again". It's only a conjecture.

@ Moie : Isidro will choice both Isma and Schierke ! Sorry, this joke is in a bad taste and Isidro isn't Berlusconi...

Maybe they are too young to really think about (true) love. Isidro's dream is partly selfish (being the best warrior) and having a girlfriend in this context can be seen as a burden for his progress. Isma is in a similar situation : given that her roots, I think she is not aware about these things and isn't very "feminine" (for example, when Isidro looks her breasts she isn't troubled). And Schierke is a witch, beyond social norms and "normal" education. So, I wonder if they are concerned by love. And, for Schierke and Isidro, they have the example of Guts and Casca, which doesn't really give incentives to "improve" friendship.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    @ nerothos : No problem. I also prefer small units. But the more the merrier : Roderick, etc. can be good baits to serve Guts's goals... leaving his team "in a bloody way" as you said.

@ Forever Rain : You're right about the child. He was eaten and pratically dead. But, given that since Griffith's rebirth, everything is changed completely, maybe the world is ruled by new laws... so the child take advantage of it to be a "born again". It's only a conjecture.

@ Moie : Isidro will choice both Isma and Schierke ! Sorry, this joke is in a bad taste and Isidro isn't Berlusconi...

Maybe they are too young to really think about (true) love. Isidro's dream is partly selfish (being the best warrior) and having a girlfriend in this context can be seen as a burden for his progress. Isma is in a similar situation : given that her roots, I think she is not aware about these things and isn't very "feminine" (for example, when Isidro looks her breasts she isn't troubled). And Schierke is a witch, beyond social norms and "normal" education. So, I wonder if they are concerned by love. And, for Schierke and Isidro, they have the example of Guts and Casca, which doesn't really give incentives to "improve" friendship.
    I do not feel that Roderick will serve as bait. If anything he will leave their group, working his status to provide Guts with an army when the time comes. I can honestly see future help from Roderick and possibly the Fairy King(getting ahead of myself but...!)

Also, the child appeared before 'new law' took place so the only explanation i can offer is that the child, after witnessing Guts' struggle, abandoned his body and existed as some sort of guardian spirit.

As for the affairs, they may be too young but looking at everything happening, who else do they have? Something is bound to develop. Miura has shown possibility for Isidro to mature. Guts' scarce teachings, the old guy in the city, incidents that showed his weakness. Isidro will mature and imo, Schierke will become more fond of him (might lead to something?). Isma just makes everything all the more interesting now that i think about it. Maybe her lack of femininity would steer Isidro towards Schierke.

Aside from that, the more i hear them, the more i love Miura's name choice!

Soil. Can you dig it?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Moie: seriously......only women can find so much love and romance and crap like that in berserk. i mean love is a part of every good story, but there is such a thing as a limit. isidro and schierke are almost certain to wind up together and thats it. the only love triangle i ever enjoyed in any of the stories ive heard or read or seen in films was the love triangle between guts, caska and griffith. and i really dont think that it would be appropriate for miura to show us how isidro would "make love" with schierke, or how isma has to sell her body to some duke to get some food for her and her friends

as for the idea of roderick providing guts with army...... that just isnt right. the whole berserk up till now was about an individual fighting against the fate. guts was in the army previously but even then he was more of a lone wolf, only enjoying the warmth of the people who are around temporarily.the only thing that tied him to the army was grifith. and you simply cant compare griffith to the likes of roderick, although i must admit, that hes better than i thought when he first apperad back in vritanis.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    @ Moie: seriously......only women can find so much love and romance and crap like that in berserk. i mean love is a part of every good story, but there is such a thing as a limit. isidro and schierke are almost certain to wind up together and thats it. the only love triangle i ever enjoyed in any of the stories ive heard or read or seen in films was the love triangle between guts, caska and griffith. and i really dont think that it would be appropriate for miura to show us how isidro would "make love" with schierke, or how isma has to sell her body to some duke to get some food for her and her friends

as for the idea of roderick providing guts with army...... that just isnt right. the whole berserk up till now was about an individual fighting against the fate. guts was in the army previously but even then he was more of a lone wolf, only enjoying the warmth of the people who are around temporarily.the only thing that tied him to the army was grifith. and you simply cant compare griffith to the likes of roderick, although i must admit, that hes better than i thought when he first apperad back in vritanis.
    *is a woman*
    Anyway umm to address what you've said:

obviously it would be inappropriate for that to happen but i haven't been talking about in-depth relationships here, only coupling. I don't see why that's a bad thing. Isma obviously caught Isidro's eye so i think it's interesting to see how they end up thats all.

As for Roderick, I believe one can safely make the assumption that i did. One man cannot fight off the legion that Griffith has amassed. Guts' party aren't op heroes. Plus there's always the scenes of battle wherein the hero faces the villain amidst their armies clashing. Not saying it would be like that but it's a possibility.

Soil. Can you dig it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah isirdo is gonna get a peck one day from shieke.

Guts vs is all is what i have in mind but i just think man the guy needs support, he does it all, he needs to lose a little of the weight on his shoulders.
    Gut's may be taking all those pro aspotles but maybe he would have to it when its not a all out attack by the army. Although i think guts would pwn lotus and maybe grubled because he will know that dino's moves. The hunter arrow dude is a prob maybe? Then it's just zodd. Guts, team and skull knight thats a good little army, considering skull knight would own, i guess sheike would cast a big spell to kill all the minor aspoltes in the way.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think the idea of one on one is too unoriginal for how the entire story of Berserk has been so far. I can't say for sure of what I think will happen, but I have faith that it won't disappoint.

I can definitely see the other group members picking up some of the slack, as far as "filler" enemies are concerned, but I think the main Apostles that we've been introduced to so far are reserved for Guts, since he's pretty much tied to them by the brand and what not.
    Last edited by Fourier; November 06, 2010 at 09:32 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The facts about the current topic is that Guts is no longer nor has he been a lone wolf in quite some time. He is part of a small group, which i would call a squad. It's common knowledge that the squads current fighting power is not within the same league as griffith/femto's army.

On another note, there was a discussion going on a while back about caska and femto regarding her sexual assault and her current state of mind. Some of my psych texts support a disorder specific to sexual assaults and related ptsd symptoms. I found some random website with SOME of the key points which puts her symptoms into stages. I felt that some people would find this information interesting so it is as follows:

"The Acute Stage: This stage occurs immediately after the assault. It may last a few days to several weeks. During this stage the victim may:

1. seem agitated or hysterical or s/he may appear totally calm (a slogan that s/he could be in shock).
    2. have crying spells and anxiety attacks.
    3. have difficulty concentrating, making decisions, and dolling simple, everyday tasks.
    4. show little emotion, act as though numb or stunned.
    5. have poor recall of the rape or other memories.

In the second stage, it seems that survivors begin to resolve their issues. This stage is also called the "flight to health." But denial frequently masks the under lying problems as survivors make an effort to re-establish the routines of their life and bring back some semblance of control. Sometimes, in an effort to feel back in control, rape victims make dramatic changes in lifestyle or environment. They may quit a long-standing job or move to a new location to get a fresh start. They may dramatically change their appearance; cut their hair or perhaps change the colour. None of the changes brings about the security they search for as nightmares and phobias emerge. They work hard to suppress the feelings because dealing with them is so very painful."

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that once Guts & his squad finishes with this "squid/octopus pirate island" arc, and they finally reach the "elf king", they'll be able to magically cure Caska.

Also (I don't know if someone already predicted this), I think somehow that the elf king will find a solution for Guts to use this power of "berserk" 100% full control and not damage his body. Let's just say that I feel the 'elf king' is the "key" that will be able to put Guts & the squad on a better standing against the new evil.

Because Griffith, with his "Falconia kingdom" and his knights and new allies (both human & demons), he's pretty much untouchable. And I don't think Griffith could actually be defeated unless he destroys himself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the Elf King and fixing Casca. What do you all think about the Skull knights warning about fixing her maybe what she might not want. Do you think it's simple, Casca would rather live in ignorance to the all that happen instead of knowing the painful truth or is something else going to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she would want to live a life away from the battlefield and not be that really strong leader/woman that guts loved.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    I think she would want to live a life away from the battlefield and not be that really strong leader/woman that guts loved.
    I don't think that this is what made Gutts loving her, but he might get depressed if she sees Caska losing the courage to fight, that's my guess at least.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I get a feeling that Elfhelm won't be what everyone thinks it will be. It exists in the Astral world, thus ultimately the God Hand would have domain over it if they wanted. Griffith can't possibly be so ignorant to allow Gut's group to go adventuring around the world as they so please unless they aren't a threat to him, OR they're possibly doing what HE wants them to do.

Raping Casca wasn't just a revenge on Guts, it was also a means by which Griffith could fulfill his life's ambition by being reborn. For some reason it had to be Casca...this is a story about Fate after all.

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I get a feeling that Elfhelm won't be what everyone thinks it will be. It exists in the Astral world, thus ultimately the God Hand would have domain over it if they wanted. Griffith can't possibly be so ignorant to allow Gut's group to go adventuring around the world as they so please unless they aren't a threat to him, OR they're possibly doing what HE wants them to do.
    I bet that's what he thinks now. But sooner or later, they are going to do something that changes his attitude towards them. Now, they look like a handful of rebels that he can eradicate any time he wants (or so he thinks). Furthermore, I don't think that a godhand has the power to reign over the whole world... it's big even for a godhand so they can go under the radar for a bit :S

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't necessarily mean that a Godhand could reign over the entire world (though Griffith seems pretty close xD). Just that since Griffith can communicate with spirits, he should know every move Gut's group makes due to their encounters with Apostles.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6