Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Predictions on Round 5/future rounds

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Predictions on Round 5/future rounds

or just post what you'd like to see.

For me, I'd want a team game after the latest free for all. I'd also want small teams so around 3-4 ppl and have it be randomized.

As for the game itself, I would love to see them play jail and handcuff teammates to each other.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predictions on Round 5/future rounds

games tend to be based on real life games so..... I'd love to see variations of my two favorite board games, risk and monopoly. Not sure how that would work out though. monopoly would be specially interesting. The game already includes a great deal of "side deals" as it is. Adding a bit of the LGT touch could result in quite a brutal game. I remember the last revival round where the dealer could take money away permanently. A monopoly game could have something like that too, like when you get a card where you have to play the bank or something.... The game would end up being sort of a nations game where you try to make it as large and wealthy as possible probably lol. Risk would also obviously be about nations and controlling territory given how it already is lol. It'd be interesting if the little soldiers you use in the game were also made to be worth money... Attacking, defending, every aspect of the game could be worth money in that scenario and as such every move could be extremely costly.
    Last edited by kkck; July 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I keep thinking of variations of games like:

Tic-tac-toe:
    Such a simple game, yet just imagine how complex the LGT could make it. In fact, there are some pretty cool variations already (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X%27s_and_o%27s).

SOS (game):
    I remember playing this a lot with my friends when we had substitute teachers that let us do whatever we want as long as we didn't leave the classroom (that was until we started playing video games instead ). I think it could be quite interesting to see LGT's spin on this game. For those that may not know the game, here's a link to the rules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOS_(game). Its sort of a more complex version of Tic-tac-toe.

I like your ideas for Monopoly and Risk based games kkck. Although I've never played Risk (maybe I have, just not properly :P), I remember enjoying Monopoly a lot when playing with my family, that is until someone would get really upset with the game and throw a tantrum (though I guess thats normal when playing Monopoly with your family, as seen in The Simpsons ).
    Last edited by Crude; July 26, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Good game for a small group of players would be Mafia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28game%29
    it really is a game where you have to be able to lie

but the best in Liar game is that it takes games that look perfectly fair and random and makes it into one where you need to be a liar or con artist to win 8or in Nao's case completely honest)

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Only problem with that game might be that game s generally involves the formation of teams with roughly equal conditions. I don't think that'd be the case with that game as it is.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think some board game in where the players are the pieces of the game. I would just laugh myself to death if I saw Nao pick up a giant die and threw it, sees the number and advances 4 squares. There would be traps and rewards along the way. It doesn't have to be a specific popular game (probably not due to copyright issues) so Shinobu can come up with an original game.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the author would bother to entirely make up a game.... It is just too complicated and every game so far has been based on some other game or psychology thingy (minority rule or contraband game for instance). Aren't copyright laws rather on the lose side in japan though? I don't think the author would have much trouble at least back in japan if he picked a popular game like monopoly for instance.

New Reply