Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Did Minato use the seal that he placed on 'Tobi' to seal half of him in the Death God?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sage-tech-kage's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Minato use the seal that he placed on 'Tobi' to seal half of him in the Death God?

IMHO Minato knew exactly what he was doing when he placed the seal on 'Tobi' after the Rasengan, I beleive that this the way that the 1st defeated Madara, I stil beleive that Kagami is behind the mask and somehow used Izinagi to cheat death, and uses Madara's eye now to add to the guise.
    He was alive when the 1st defeated the real Madara and no doubt he was the Uchiha that taught 'the great' (in my eyes Danzo about the forbidden techs of the Uchiha (as he was told 2 b Danzo's closest friend).

SENN JUTSUMAKI 2013

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hyuuga_Mugen's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Minato use the seal that he palced on 'Tobi' to seal half of him in the Death God?

Your ideas on Kagami are interesting. But we've seen that 'tobi' has already left the scene. I doubt Minato would divide his already drained chakra when he already has to 1) Use Shiki Fuuin and 2) Make a Jinchuuriki. If Tobi could use Izanagi, I don't see why he wouldn't have done so to avoid damage from Minato's rasengan, especially with the Kyuubi being integral to his plans. Also keeping in mind that there were many Uchiha eyes available it just doesn't add up.

All in all, Minato would only be able to transport himself to Tobi, he wouldn't be able to bring tobi to him so it's unlikely he was involved with the sealing.
    "I'm livin' in that 21st Century,
    Doin' somethin' mean to it,
    Doin' better than anybody you'll ever see do it,
    Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it,
    I guess every super hero need his theme music"
    Have you got the power to let power go?

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Minato use the seal that he palced on 'Tobi' to seal half of him in the Death God?

It'd be interesting if the Fourth had a greater meaning behind that seal he placed on tobi beyond even the initial purpose.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really think the Contract seal can be related to the Shiki Fuujin...seals are related, but not necessarily in that strict fashion...we know that Minato added the Hiraishin seal on Kushina, so seals can coexist, but I don't think it's the case here...it doesn't really matter, because Shiki Fuujin can be nullified, by changing bodies, and Tobi definitely looks like somebody who can do that

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga_Mugen View Post
    Your ideas on Kagami are interesting. But we've seen that 'tobi' has already left the scene. I doubt Minato would divide his already drained chakra when he already has to 1) Use Shiki Fuuin and 2) Make a Jinchuuriki. If Tobi could use Izanagi, I don't see why he wouldn't have done so to avoid damage from Minato's rasengan, especially with the Kyuubi being integral to his plans. Also keeping in mind that there were many Uchiha eyes available it just doesn't add up.

All in all, Minato would only be able to transport himself to Tobi, he wouldn't be able to bring tobi to him so it's unlikely he was involved with the sealing.
    If tobi used izangi with minato he would be blind the uchiha massacre occurred 7 years after their fight (sauske was born that year or that and was 7 when it happened) and i also believe that it is yagmi uchiha behind the mask because it explains a lot. firstly even if madara used izangi with the fight with the first hokage it doesn't explain how he would live this long hes not an uzumaki. if it were yagmi it would explain why he has a prior relationship with Danzou. So if it is not madara then it has to be another old and experienced uchiha and that leads me to me believe that he is yagmi. i believe this becuse if the first and second hokages taught Sarutobi then why couldn't madara teach yagami it was in same time period. so if madara taught yagmi it would explain tobi's knowledge about the uchiha and madara. Also in 503 / 504 tobi did not use MS but if were madara why wouldn't he activate it he was fighting with the fourth. maybe because its not madara and yagmi has not activated his MS.
    Just a thought feel free to criticize

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    who ever is behind the mask didn't recognize izanagi when danzo first started using it.during the sasuke battle tobi hadn't noticed it until danzo used it two or three times.so who ever it is only knew about it but never seen it before.but i do agree that this person knows danzo on a personal level,just by his comment about danzo has two capable underlings now and the oro experiments he knew about.

maybe this is what itachi was referring to,minato may have been the one to put him in this weak state.but itachi has only heard of the first beating him,no one was around except kushina to see minato fight tobi/madara.maybe his body atleast a portion of it was lost,but his eyes being as strong as they were survived.just a thought.....
    Last edited by benelori; September 14, 2010 at 03:59 AM.

New Reply