Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nanaDmari's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    Beneath a steel sky was a total masterpiece... but i don't think it has aged too well.

By the way: Rovolution plans on doing a sequel after Broken Sword 5.
    But considering the quality of Broken Sword 3+4, I would not get my hopes too high.

Currently I'm playing the HD-re-release of Okami... it's a shame that this game was such a financial failure.
    I only played Broken Sword 3 recently, never got to play the 4th one... but yeah, the first ones were so much better...

I want Okami so bad since I saw it's on the PSN store...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also playing through Okami HD atm. Not that I think it's a very "little-known game" since pretty much all my gaming friends have recommended it since it was released on PS2, but maybe it's not as well known as I've thought.. But man, is this game gorgeous. I can't believe I haven't played it before, since it's my favorite kind of game and one of the best of its genre. So much to doooooo!

And yeah, Journey... I bought it on the day it was released and it was just a joy to go through the game along with someone else, discovering everything for the first time. And what's more, it's still very enjoyable the second playthrough, and the tenth. The first play-through of Journey stays in my top 5 gaming experiences and I don't see it ever falling off that list.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm a huge soccer fan and one of my all-time favorite soccer games was Fever Pitch soccer (aka head-on soccer) on the super nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fever_Pitch_Soccer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v778DoHrkWQ\

extremely addictive game and the special abilities of the star players added depth to the gameplay. i spent many sleepless nights playing this game!

speaking of star players with special abilities, Captain Tsubasa on the Super famicom, might be one of the most amazing soccer games ever, it played more like an RPG than a normal soccer game. this is hands down my favorite soccer game of all time. Fifa and winning eleven don't even come close!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQN0iQXw18
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Tsubasa
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Terranigma, Ogre Battle, Seiken Densetsu 3, Radiant Historia, Super ghouls n ghosts, Vampire Savior, Guilty Gear AC, Ikaruga, Dragon Spirits, Dragon Force, Fire emblem Seisen no Kiefu, sure there are others.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    i'm a huge soccer fan and one of my all-time favorite soccer games was Fever Pitch soccer (aka head-on soccer) on the super nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fever_Pitch_Soccer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v778DoHrkWQ\

extremely addictive game and the special abilities of the star players added depth to the gameplay. i spent many sleepless nights playing this game!

speaking of star players with special abilities, Captain Tsubasa on the Super famicom, might be one of the most amazing soccer games ever, it played more like an RPG than a normal soccer game. this is hands down my favorite soccer game of all time. Fifa and winning eleven don't even come close!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hQN0iQXw18
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Tsubasa
    I actually played Captain Tsubasa 2... that game was great (an rpg like soccer game ), it had also a great soundtrack.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomba! and Tomba 2! .
    Up to this day...I could still hum the fisherman's village song
    I still remember how I was scared shitless by the last boss in the game, not because that last evil boss pig was tough like hell
    but because he made everything seem like a horror movie for a kids game.
    And I was a kid. He froze the time and everyone was standing still in black and white, the creepy ost didn't help either.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Tomba! and Tomba 2! .
    Up to this day...I could still hum the fisherman's village song
    I still remember how I was scared shitless by the last boss in the game, not because that last evil boss pig was tough like hell
    but because he made everything seem like a horror movie for a kids game.
    And I was a kid. He froze the time and everyone was standing still in black and white, the creepy ost didn't help either.
    Don't spoil everything D:

Tomba 2 came with my PS1 (I was 5 at the time), and as it was in English, I only really played/enjoyed/finished the game when I was like 11. I played Tomba 1 after that, and I have to admit that it's way better (imo at least, but 2 was a lot more creepier and had a lot of secrets, and that made the game interesting, but it's voice actors + that annoying song that played every time someone talked to you kinda killed the game ). The ending in Tomba 2 was also bad, just because...

Spoiler show

And yes, I know this song too, some of the best in the PS1:

Apparently no one really cared about Sheep Raider nor God Hand, so I'm giving some gameplays

Spoiler show

Also, someone remembers MediEvil? Cause I thought it was a well known game (one of the best in the PS1) but apparently not to many really know it, It also had a sequel, that was almost as good.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of PS1 platformers, the Klonoa games (yeah 2 is for the PS2 but whatever ) are very underrated. They really capture that dreamlike quality. And now that I think about that, why haven't I bought the remake for the Wii yet!?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

And I know about sheep raider! I think it's one of my first stealth/puzzle game ever. Disguising as a sheep and pissing the dog off was so much fun!.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Legend of dragoon, highly rated by its fans, but not well known, it was released late into the ps1 life so not many people played it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Legend of dragoon, highly rated by its fans, but not well known, it was released late into the ps1 life so not many people played it
    I agree but it's normal that it was not well known. It was released in 2000 ... when square/enix was still squaresoft... People were not attracted when at the very same moment there were teasers for the soon-to-be-released Final Fantasy 9.

LoD was a very good game but had some flows: graphics were average (FF8 was miles ahead) , voices during cinematics were catastrophic & the battle system was not for everyone.

But I still remember that game very well. It's one of the games that had the most impact in my gaming life. It came out at the time were I enjoyed games the most. I had the ps1 very late & my previous console was a master system. So I went from Alex Kidd to Metal Gear solid in one week ...
    Last edited by zelllogan; March 21, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I agree but it's normal that it was not well known. It was released in 2000 ... when square/enix was still squaresoft... People were not attracted when at the very same moment there were teasers for the soon-to-be-released Final Fantasy 9.

LoD was a very good game but had some flows: graphics were average (FF8 was miles ahead) , voices during cinematics were catastrophic & the battle system was not for everyone.

But I still remember that game very well. It's one of the games that had the most impact in my gaming life. It came out at the time were I enjoyed games the most. I had the ps1 very late & my previous console was a master system. So I went from Alex Kidd to Metal Gear solid in one week ...
    oh LOD had flaws no doubt about it, but like you it was one of the biggest games for me, it was the first big 4 disc game I played, I had tried ff7 before it and didnt care much for it, but LOD was awesome, the first RPG I loved, the controls were easy, the side quests were few and the story was epic, the plot twists were unexpected as I was a first timer but I loved them.

LOD is my nostalgia game, its one I miss even though its not perfect and so many better games exist, LOD will always be special.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thsv's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

One stick to control each character, one interaction button each

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

One stick to control each character, one interaction button each
    Can it be considered little-known tho? It's like the best Indie game of the last year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Mendel Palace - Game Freak's first title

New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast