Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: how many years in the future should lucy wakup

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

5 21.74%

0 0%

1 4.35%
  • she's not lucy.

17 73.91%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread

Well I just wanted to get people's opinion about Lucy. I mean what does she have to do with the whole dragon's disappearing, is her mom linked to it because she died the same year the dragons disappeared or was it all just a coincidence. How do you guys think her role will change in the future chapters?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy's purpose

That theory has been around for a while. In fact, it'll probably end up like Haru-Elie. Both didn't know until later on that they had a very special (and important) connection between them. Same thing will probably happen with Natsu-Lucy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys ever heard bout the Layla-majnun story?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layla_and_Majnun

basicaly look at the indian version of the story. When Majnun was struck in the heart and died Layla also died. (since childhood the 2 lovers shared a connection as when majnun was hurt she would feel the pain as well)

So i got this wild idea that maybe Layla in this story is linked with 1 of the dragons? So when this dragon died/disapeared she died/disapeared as well.

Im just theorizing on it ^^

Well this still has to be proven ofc to make a 2nd step to what this would mean for Lucy. After all there are some odd things like how she did the unison-raid with Lluvia, the summoning of all her spirits (even if it was for just an instant) Karen died trying to summon only 1 extra. Then the Spirit king himself showed up.

So Lucy is realy important for the story.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; July 29, 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    That theory has been around for a while. In fact, it'll probably end up like Haru-Elie. Both didn't know until later on that they had a very special (and important) connection between them. Same thing will probably happen with Natsu-Lucy
    Does this mean Natsu will be ending up with Lucy is inevitable?

That will suck big time.

If it becomes rave then Lucy might be the mother that was loss just the memory something/ loss. But what I can see is that Lucy is kinda weak for a person living for maybe 100 years? or she might be on a seal too or something. Lol if this happens, kinda like rave revival so I hope not.
    CLEANED

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    Does this mean Natsu will be ending up with Lucy is inevitable?

That will suck big time.

If it becomes rave then Lucy might be the mother that was loss just the memory something/ loss. But what I can see is that Lucy is kinda weak for a person living for maybe 100 years? or she might be on a seal too or something. Lol if this happens, kinda like rave revival so I hope not.
    I agree with you elitefox it would suck big time. I don't think it would end like rave I just don't see Natsu and Lucy together for some reason. I was thinking she has some ability her mom sealed but I doubt it.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... an ability her mom sealed..... now that's a really good theory. And @elitefox I didn't mean it would end up exactly the same as Rave what I meant was that Lucy has something that Natsu needs in relation to his DS powers same as Rave. I doubt she's a 100 year old hag like Elie was.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OR, crazy theories aside, Lucy is just the "new kid" that helps the readers understand the Fairy Tail World. BUT Lucy was born long before 77777, that's just the day Layla died. I DO think Layla as something to do with it, but it could be coincidence. (I have the same birthday as Julius Caesar, but that doesnt mean me or anyone else born July 13th has anything to do with him....)

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm coincidence if it were real life yes. Not in manga.

Lucy's mom died (lets asume she did) the same date the dragons disapeared. Lucy might be oblivious to it since Natsu nor the other slayers mention the 77777. yet Layla's marker is made clear visable with the date. And Lucy stand back smiling at her friends.
    So its a clear attention note there.

Lucy's purpose would possibly be double if not triple quadriple :P

-She the narrator
    -Shes the flash bodypart-gag
    -Mainhero along with Natsu,Erza+Grey
    -(optional her moms death is related with the disapearance of the dragons making her part of the main Natsu quest for Igneel)

Think i covered everything globaly.

So that makes her just as important as Natsu, and above Grey and Erza ofc.

Natsu

-Mainhero
    -(mainquest for Igneel/dragons)
    -comical gag for his temper + motionsickness

Grey

-Mainhero
    -(Ul line finished)
    -comical stripper
    -first lovestory

Erza

-Mainhero
    -emotional bagage
    -(3rd line with Gerard/intwined lovestory)

All the storylines revolve around Ultear with exceptance of the current arc and Lucy's storyline (so far)

Ultear daughter of Ul ->conspiritor on the demon island (tests strength with Natsu calling him Salamander-kun)->uses Gerard to destroy council (thats the main motive i asume)-devide and conquer ->shes with the dark guilds. last we see of her so far.

So Lucy is in the middle of all this and will prolly find her nemisis amongst the enemy's they face (not Lluvia lol)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then she is only the connection between Natsu and Layla, but she most certainly doesnt have anything to do with them. If anything the entire time she fights is to show that even weak people are skilled. But she certainly isnt involved in the story the way Elie was.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Lucy's mother supposedly died on 77777, or hiking day as she called it (167). I admit i have doubts as to whether she actually died, i mean if she fell off a cliff and they recovered her body than what would that really have to do with FT plot? I suppose Lucy's purpose is directly linked to what her mothers fate was.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    hmm coincidence if it were real life yes. Not in manga.

Lucy's mom died (lets asume she did) the same date the dragons disapeared. Lucy might be oblivious to it since Natsu nor the other slayers mention the 77777. yet Layla's marker is made clear visable with the date.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_...20/c167/4.html

Well, this is strange... I wonder why she doesn't seem to make an interesting comment about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravis View Post
    Well Lucy's mother supposedly died on 77777, or hiking day as she called it (167). I admit i have doubts as to whether she actually died, i mean if she fell off a cliff and they recovered her body than what would that really have to do with FT plot? I suppose Lucy's purpose is directly linked to what her mothers fate was.
    Yeah, something is really off here.... Lucy doesn't seem to show any "strange" expression when Wendy told her about the date of the disappearance...
    Last edited by Newkerzy; August 01, 2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it might be that she didnt pay attention to it yet? She sometimes acts like a total airhead. Like when she made the holetrap (team-rocket styl) in the demon village.

So perhaps its saved for later.

Also for her the death of her mom is traumatic and she might not link it to the dragons at all. (perhaps later)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Or she came to terms with her mothers death and didnt read too into it. Lucy certainly doesnt have any "Elie-type" connection to Dragons, or Natsu.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hongoasdf's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more inclined to believe the "total airhead" approach. She didnt even remember Mystogan made her take the Exballs before sending her to Edoras. But the "Came to terms with mothers death" and "Too traumatic to make a connection" approaches do hold some value, too. Maybe it is a combination of two or more reasons?

Regardless, you do make an interesting point on why she didn't react when Wendy mentioned that date. And before that, apparently Natsu mentioned that Gazille's Dragon had disappeared the same day, and she didn't even remember.

Or, y'know, the most probable option, Mashima hasn't decided what the hell to do yet. But for the Dragon's plot that doesn't seem to be the case (Or at least, not as much as for other stories). He seems to have a general idea of what he's doing there. Not that it means he's got the details figured out, but still.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Laiyla does not necessarily have an huge part in the manga, she could have been a sort of bystander who got caught up in something.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast