Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Luffy's message to his nakama

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy's message to his nakama

Chapter 594 just came out... the main question is:

What the hell did Luffy wanted to say to his nakama with those actions???

Unless it's something that happened offscreen, which would be kinda lame, even readers should be able to make a guess... yet I have absolutely no idea on what the message could be. It's probably some directions to meet, but I really don't know where to start. Well, One Piece is great even because of these things.

The relevant actions that Luffy did were:
    - he returned to Marineford, the place where he lost his brother.
    - he was with an ex-member of the world's strongest crew and an ex-shichibukai.
    - he has a new tatoo that's probably very similar to Ace's.
    - he circled Marineford 3 times.
    - he stepped in the plaza alone.
    - he rang the western ox bell 16 times (I don't know anything about the bell, except what Killer explained).
    - he thrown flowers on the battlefield.
    - he made that pose and silently prays.
    - he went back just after that.

Anyone has any idea? I may also be some kind of word or japanese pun, in that case I doubt we will ever get it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Luffy's message to his nakama

If u r asking about what the exact message is then i have no idea.
    I just stick with its a change of meeting location for all the SH and now Luffy, Jinbei and Rayleigh is on their way to take the Thousand Sunny.
    Kuma might being completely controlled by now and there will be a fight there.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy's message to his nakama

I think he meant for the message to change the meeting place of the strawhats. the second their whereabouts are revealed they are sure to get high level marines on their asses due to the noble and war incidents. Assuming they are overly lucky, they would at the very least get a VA (who'd still beat the crap out of the lot of them) and the most reasonable scenario is that they get an admiral backed up with pacifista.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm spearheading the notion that, since the bell is used to signify the new year, that Luffy is actually trying to tell his crew to meet up in the new year.

Rather than recklessly returning at all personal costs (see Zoro, Ussop and Sanji's wounds) or returning to wait around and be potentially attacked (seeing as Robin, even at full steam, appears quite some distance away), Luffy sets a date in the future for them to meet once again.

The reason I think it must be a time and not a place is that, if it was just a place, Rayleigh would just grab his Vivre card and sit somewhere easy to find. And by showing Rayleigh in the newspaper, it reaffirms the fact that the Vivre Card should be the "meeting point", regardless of it's location.

The New Year, since we haven't seen one yet and the timing is apparantly "off", could be anything between 1 week away and 9 months away. This theory also then looks into the potential "timeskip" Oda was looking to.

If it's not the "New Year", my back up theory is Luffy's 18th birthday. 18 = adulthood = new year = new era all in one happy basket. Presuming they all actually know Luffy's birthday (enormous question mark here), it would make more sense than the 1st day of the 1st month of a new year.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

5. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    Well I'm spearheading the notion that, since the bell is used to signify the new year, that Luffy is actually trying to tell his crew to meet up in the new year.

Rather than recklessly returning at all personal costs (see Zoro, Ussop and Sanji's wounds) or returning to wait around and be potentially attacked (seeing as Robin, even at full steam, appears quite some distance away), Luffy sets a date in the future for them to meet once again.

The reason I think it must be a time and not a place is that, if it was just a place, Rayleigh would just grab his Vivre card and sit somewhere easy to find. And by showing Rayleigh in the newspaper, it reaffirms the fact that the Vivre Card should be the "meeting point", regardless of it's location.

The New Year, since we haven't seen one yet and the timing is apparantly "off", could be anything between 1 week away and 9 months away. This theory also then looks into the potential "timeskip" Oda was looking to.

If it's not the "New Year", my back up theory is Luffy's 18th birthday. 18 = adulthood = new year = new era all in one happy basket. Presuming they all actually know Luffy's birthday (enormous question mark here), it would make more sense than the 1st day of the 1st month of a new year.
    Wow excellent deduction

18th birthday of Luffy
    The beginning of the end

I hope they know Luffy's birthday though <.< but if all SH know then I can think of one who doesn't know Luffy's birthday

which is dan dan dan... Zoro
    CLEANED

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post

Wow. I had the very same idea. Though it's hard to explain why they should arrenge a time for their meeting, the Luffy's birthday theory could explain the "last adventure as a 17 year old"...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy's birthday is on may 5 (children's day). He was supposed to have left his villlage when he turned 17, so the "last adventure as 17" thing would make the series time placement 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There might be a time involved in this but I doubt it has anything to do with luffy's birthday. For one thing, the whole thing seems to be raileghts idea. For another, according to what we saw before, raileight wanted to avoid the strawhats meeting in SA so that they could avoid meeting the same fate as last time.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion its the tat. with the message :
    No (SP is crossed out) Strawhat Pirates 2 Years - SP2Y

Think about it:
    -As it seems the monkeys are still a big match for zorro because he cant hold the newspaper by himself yet also hes far from beeing a swordsman on Rayleighs level therefore a little bit training with Mihawks pets would be helpfull.

-Same goes for Sanji who got easily beaten off panel by Iva. Additionally some kind of abstinence from women could work on him like on a monk in a monastery

- I dont see a way how Ussop could leave his island and get thin again without a time skip other than Chopper picking him up

- Franky would have enough time to study Vegapunks work and he could rebuild himself based on it

- Brooke could go on tour with the longarm tribe

- Robin could stay with the revolutionaries

- Chopper (for whom its most unfitting to spend 2 years alone) could meet up with Zorro so he could treat his wounds while hes training

- Same goes for Nami i'd think she'd meet up with someone maybe with Vivi because of her new rain-bringing tactics.

Even other chars like Corby would benefit from a time skip especially cause we now know he has haki so the next time we see him could be in a vice admrial postion.

The main facts for assuming that there will be a time skip are:

- Oda is a huge dbz fan and hands down someone who loves drawing as much as him wont resist to give some sort of change to its main chars.

- Rayleigh plotting with Kuma wont have the goal to end them to islands they leave immideatly. Ray will have told Luffy where they are and why and that they are healthy. Remember Ray warned Luffy that it would end like on SA when they gather up now so the plan is to let some time pass while they all take a training session ( at least the monster trio + Ussop.)

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that is not a bad idea.... The bells could mean the strawhats are not to mean as soon as possible but rather a specific amount of time so that they could get stronger. They'd still meet in SA a while from now but they would take their time to get stronger and avoid getting beat up like before. I'd think luffy meant for his crew to meet a year from now rather than two though.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is a date. We know that Luffy wants to see his crew as soon as possible that is the thing that gave him the spirit to come back. I don't think he can wait several monthes. Also most of the 594 chapter has been about the new world so the Strawhat have to get their soon. Do you think that Smoker would go to G5 and wait for the Strawhat half a year ? To me this chapter is a teasing for New World and we know that Oda has increased the pace of the war to reach it as soon as possible.
    For the place, the only thing that the Strawhat have to navigate is the vivre card, they can not relate on log pose or anything else. So they are going to where Shakky is. That's what is still the mystery to me, Shakky is waiting on the Thousand Sunny in Saobady which looks like a dangerous place to meet. But maybe they waited until Rayleigh plan starts in case some of the Strawhat came back before that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Luffy's message to his nakama

Quote Originally Posted by Soka View Post
    In my opinion its the tat. with the message :
    No (SP is crossed out) Strawhat Pirates 2 Years - SP2Y
    I think if that is the message then the reaction of all SH must be all the "Why?" "No!" "I don't wanna" and uneasy faces not all that "Roger!!" and smiling and understanding since 2 yrs is not gonna be short.
    Also I doubt Luffy would agree to wait that long after he practically cried out loud how much he want to meet his crew. About training, I agree he need some but Luffy's adventure is his training since the beginning so I think just some guide in using Haki is enough. The boy will figure out how to utilize it himself later, 2 yrs is overkill.
    All the SN is in NW now, too. And SH have reached the door of NW, clearly the main battle field from now on, and they not gonna get in?
    Like that gonna happen?!
    Its also why I don't think the message is smt that will involve anymore delaying on time but a change of location instead. It will be faster and still assure their safety. They have stayed at this place long enough

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jourrel's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm.

i think that the 16 bells there means luffy's crew. Maybe it tells them that the 8 of them(the crew that was separated) that they are going soon to new world hence the other 8 bells.

Maybe it's a date too like March(he circled the marineford 3 times) 16 (the times he rang the bell)

Thanks to Code-R for my avatar and Broken for my sig!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

nah 16 represents which island number to go to on shabondy

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the one year wating is a very good theory, what i came up with was that new year = new world, so he was telling them to meet in the new world, but now that you said the one year wait, im not sure on my theory, i mean Oda did say that this was Luffy's last adventure as a 17y/o so it makes sence
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast