Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be next Admiral?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be next Admiral?

There's no way to tell how a character is going to develop. Just remember Coby, who hasn't appeared in a very long time (not too long in manga time), and BOOM, he knows Soru!

Oda did set a certain rivalry between Luffy and Smoker, and seeing how Smoker is a fighter, he's bound to be a lot stronger now. Also, since we saw that Marine doctors are very much acquainted with Haki, I doubt Smoker will just let it pass. Seeing how Boa pwned him and all.

Anyway, all I wanted to say back there is that he's more likely than Magellan.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    There's no way to tell how a character is going to develop. Just remember Coby, who hasn't appeared in a very long time (not too long in manga time), and BOOM, he knows Soru!
    Youre right, but for that long time....did you even see an improvement of Smoker? you didnt right?For coby... hes a deal in the new world.. i thought he will be the one who will become the rival marine in the future, just like Garp and Roger

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, all I wanted to say back there is that he's more likely than Magellan.
    For this one, then I am more with Magellan, remember how Hancock is scared for Luffy entering ID.
    I'm not showing that I'm anti Smoker though......

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xeteboi View Post
    For this one, then I am more with Magellan, remember how Hancock is scared for Luffy entering ID.
    I'm not showing that I'm anti Smoker though......
    I believe Razh's original thought was that Smoker became through fighting NW pirates for the past two years strong enough to rival or to even overcome Magellan's fighting power.

I personally don't think Smoker will ever become a Admiral. That guy is loose, just like Garp. I see him at most on VA rank, for the same reasons as Garp.

I would love to see Magellan as the new Admiral, it would be a compete waste to let him rot in ID, where his potential just gets wasted. I would rather like to see him on the outside fighting SHs and the LvL 6 escapees. Furthermore we could have a Admiral with direct conflict with both, the protagonist and the antagonist.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I would love to see Magellan as the new Admiral, it would be a compete waste to let him rot in ID, where his potential just gets wasted.
    Magellan? an admiral type? he lacks in experience i think...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Experience in what? Sailing? He lead the whole staff of Impel Down for years and is powerful, compared to shown VA not weak in any way, so what does he lack experience with?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

He is just stocked up inside the Impel Down. Maybe, he is the chief warden but in Admiral thing, you are set outside for hunting pirates and other missions.. Imagine yourself living on your house for decades and then you are obliged to become a secret agent to have a mission in a place where you dont know. see the logic?
    you would be a dead meat man...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you honestly believe that they know every single island they visit beforhand? Likely not possible and rather idiotic, as it's easy to gain intel on anything being in such position. Though they may be on secret missions at times, the whole world[excluding Luffy] knows their faces, so hiding is not possible. Impel Down is a gigantic fortress, so that comparison to a house isn't that relevant, not like Shirahoshi who was kept in one room for ten years.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't think that Smoker or Magelan will become Admiral. If they won't get Haki they can't get even Vice Admiral position no matter what and I don't see Smoker getting it. I see him at best being Rear Admiral.
    Also Smoker isn't any better than normal Captain. He only relies on his Logia DF and is practically nothing without it.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Most logia shown depend on their abilities, name me two who don't. Ace, admirals , Caribou, Enel do. That didn't stop them from using their powers like swords for slashing or piercing. Smoker was just compansating for haki with his sea-stone tipped Jitte. Do you asume that he's limited to the growth of his ability? Even Luffy is using only using his, in form of coc.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I actually don't think that Smoker or Magelan will become Admiral. If they won't get Haki they can't get even Vice Admiral position no matter what and I don't see Smoker getting it. I see him at best being Rear Admiral.
    Also Smoker isn't any better than normal Captain. He only relies on his Logia DF and is practically nothing without it.
    i agree with you. Magellan? not a quite fighter..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Do you honestly believe that they know every single island they visit beforhand? Likely not possible and rather idiotic, as it's easy to gain intel on anything being in such position. Though they may be on secret missions at times, the whole world[excluding Luffy] knows their faces, so hiding is not possible. Impel Down is a gigantic fortress, so that comparison to a house isn't that relevant, not like Shirahoshi who was kept in one room for ten years.
    Magellan is only able to work for a few hours a day. This restriction throws him out of the position already. And yes, he is also missing expierience in fighting outside of Impel Down. Also, Magellan was not shown to be that tough. He was brought down to his knees by a severly weakened Luffy. I imagine anyone who is able to wear a cover over his body that protects him from the poison would be able to take him down. This is an insanly huge factor! People at Impel Down had nothing to take cover. Galdinho and Luffy had shown at the end of their breakout, how they can handle Magellans strongest attack.

Sorry, but Magellan just isn't the right one for the job imho...
    Last edited by Dekker; March 06, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Most logia shown depend on their abilities, name me two who don't. Ace, admirals , Caribou, Enel do. That didn't stop them from using their powers like swords for slashing or piercing. Smoker was just compansating for haki with his sea-stone tipped Jitte. Do you asume that he's limited to the growth of his ability? Even Luffy is using only using his, in form of coc.
    Enel knows mantra and can fight pretty good even without his Logia abilities, even though he would be handicaped. Admirals actually know Haki and they are real tanks even without their Logia abilities. As Luffy said even before getting DF Ace was stronger than Luffy.
    I don't actually try to downgrade Smoker, but people are overrating him thinking that in two years he will become someone like Vice Admiral or Admiral, cause he doesn't have Haki.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not intend to downgrade them either, just saying that all their basic attacks are based on their abilities, may it be like a projectile, sword slash or a bash. Non logia use real weapons or coc for that. In a previous post I pointed out the actual power and stamina for physical attacks/defense of those named characters like Akainu or Kizaru.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for this question

1.did aokiji accepted his position as Fleet Admiral or Akainu becomes a Fleet Admiral if either of that question is answered no one can really tell who left the admiral position and if no one left why bother who is gonna be the next admiral (maybe an admiral level marine but not yet promoted)

2. if someone from those 3 admirals left the position to be promoted i think the Gorosei will act and place someone from the marines or even from the shichibukai we don't really know
    * From the Shichibukai
    - Doflamingo - too loyal at the Gorosei either for money or something
    -well that is the only person i know to accept that offer
    *From the Marines
    -there is a lot of them on an admiral level so there is many options
    a lot of VA's skill is just shown for a little time so maybe they are powerful in some aspects
    ---------------- You cannot judge a book by its cover alone you have to read it first

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    1.did aokiji accepted his position as Fleet Admiral or Akainu becomes a Fleet Admiral if either of that question is answered no one can really tell who left the admiral position and if no one left why bother who is gonna be the next admiral (maybe an admiral level marine but not yet promoted)
    First of all, we don't even know if it was offered to Aokiji. We know exactly nothing...

Quote Quote:
    2. if someone from those 3 admirals left the position to be promoted i think the Gorosei will act and place someone from the marines or even from the shichibukai we don't really know
    * From the Shichibukai
    - Doflamingo - too loyal at the Gorosei either for money or something
    -well that is the only person i know to accept that offer
    *From the Marines
    -there is a lot of them on an admiral level so there is many options
    a lot of VA's skill is just shown for a little time so maybe they are powerful in some aspects
    WTF did you smoke? Doflamingo as admiral? A PIRATE? Hes not loyal to the Gorosei, hes not even loyal to that guy in the WG. He told that guy that he does not care for anything but his own good. As soon as he sees no benefit from their connection, he just leaves and abandon their relationship, because hes a pirate.

And another question: How many admiral level marines did you see that were just not promoted to the position of admiral? I am not saying there is non, but I havent seen any. Heck, not even the VA were shown to be as powerful as the admirals and I am god damn sure they are the closest to admiral level...

New Reply
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast