Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be next Admiral?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be next Admiral?

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    @kkck

I agree to the point that Magellan is not suitable as a marine Admiral but I think you're underestimating him a little bit. Imo he's incredibly durable, he took on several attacks from Luffy in gear second, he got shot by cannonballs coated in wax and Ivankov, while not defeating him made Magellan bleed. Still he kept on going like terminator. I'm even curios to see the other admirals endurance now. Akainu is physically strong but I can't, yet, say that about Kizaru and Aokiji.
    At this point, I don't think being able to resist luffy's gear 2 attacks make someone qualify as incredibly durable.... At least not in the scale of power which would be required for an admiral or to make it in the NW. For instance, we saw akainu getting quaked by WB and still the guy did not fall, he was perfectly able to continue fighting. Kizaru fought a number of WB commanders head on and given what we know all of them should be pretty capable of using haki. Aokiji was able to fight even above jozu and kizaru fought on par with raileight. Would magellan pull anything even vaguely similar in a similar situation? IMO a he would not be capable of going against the WB commanders nor taking a quake to the head and live to tell the tale.... That doesn't necessarily make magellan weak but it does show he is not up with the challenge here. The most he could get would be a double suicide but I doubt the WG is really in need of admirals who'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Magellan is not an marine... whatelse to say?

The WG has it's own army. The marines are not the RA enemies, the WG is. Attacking Marineford would only at maximum bring the fall of Marine Headquarters... so what? Pirates now don't have to worry about a island in the middle of the world and near the entrance of New World.
    My point about the revolutionary army helping WB was not just the destruction of marineford. Had the RA joined WB they would have had a shot at destroying the marines, a more than severe blow to the military might of the WG. Not to mention the falling of marineford would have an important symbolic value given its meaning.
    Last edited by kkck; August 08, 2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    At this point, I don't think being able to resist luffy's gear 2 attacks make someone qualify as incredibly durable.... At least not in the scale of power which would be required for an admiral or to make it in the NW. For instance, we saw akainu getting quaked by WB and still the guy did not fall, he was perfectly able to continue fighting. Kizaru fought a number of WB commanders head on and given what we know all of them should be pretty capable of using haki. Aokiji was able to fight even above jozu and kizaru fought on par with raileight. Would magellan pull anything even vaguely similar in a similar situation? IMO a he would not be capable of going against the WB commanders nor taking a quake to the head and live to tell the tale.... That doesn't necessarily make magellan weak but it does show he is not up with the challenge here. The most he could get would be a double suicide but I doubt the WG is really in need of admirals who'd do that.
    I already pointed out that Akainu is a tough fella, the others however hasn't shown anything great, really. Aokiji wasn't better than Jozu and Kizaru fighting on par with Rayleigh is like saying that Croc fought on par with both Dofla and Mihawk.

WB commanders are not that far ahead of Croc, Jinbei and Ivankov. Magellan made the former two flee in terror while he defeated the latter. He did get a little injured but it wasn't fatal and it's mainly due to his fruit being a non-logia.

The current Admirals have a huge advantage in being Logia and also, Haki doesn't always work or it can be countered. Remember when WB (a person with King's Haki) impaled Aokiji? Well, then you should remember that it didn't work even though people near by said that WB used Haki.

So, the WB commander + Haki argument doesn't really say anything since we don't know how it works, yet.

Imo, Magellan is clearly Admiral material, no doubt. But he's more suitable to guard the prison. He proposed the idea of chasing the escapees but got rejected. He's not going anywhere.

For the next empty Admiral seat I would want someone fresh and quite unknown and a woman.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan is clearly not Admiral level simply because he got beaten during the Impel Down incident. He was also on the verge of death so he was completely defeated after Luffy left the jail.

An Admiral is able to battle alone against several top fighters without too much problem, something Magellan was finally not able to do. Remember when Akainu faced the WB commanders and Crocodile on his own. Also all the Admirals were able to fight against Whitebeard himself. Magellan would only have ended up like John Giant if he had met Whitebeard.

Besides, Magellan very likely did lose against the Blackbeard Pirates, the same ones who were running from Akainu in the last chapter. Magellan is super strong but let him be what he is - the Chief Warden of Impel Down.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    An Admiral is able to battle alone against several top fighters without too much problem, something Magellan was finally not able to do. Remember when Akainu faced the WB commanders and Crocodile on his own.
    We saw Akainu exhange insults with the Whitebeard Commanders (+Crocodile) and then prepare to square of. But next we time we see them, Akainu is surrounded by marines and orders were given to half the marine force to go to his side. I think that scene has been blown out of it's proportions a little... (Though I certainly like how the scene portrays Akainu, cocky bastard aint he (similar to him showing up prepared to square of against the Blackbeard Pirates alone^))

That being said, I don't think Magellan is Admiral material just yet though he probably is stronger then the average Vice Admiral and Shichibukai ((what with him being confident that Shiliew (his equal) could handle the Blackbeard Pirates alone).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Magellan is clearly not Admiral level simply because he got beaten during the Impel Down incident. He was also on the verge of death so he was completely defeated after Luffy left the jail.

Besides, Magellan very likely did lose against the Blackbeard Pirates, the same ones who were running from Akainu in the last chapter. Magellan is super strong but let him be what he is - the Chief Warden of Impel Down.
    I think you forgot that he One hit KOed the Blackbeard pirates minutes before. If it hadn't been for Shiryuu or Shiliew(?) they all would have been dead.

The current Admirals are all Logia which Magellan isn't. If the Doku Doku no Mi had been a logia Magellan would have been a terrible enemy. Yes, I know that logia isn't everything, just look at Ace and Smoker. But the Admirals clearly has the best fruits. Kizaru gets an amazing speed and doesn't have a natural enemy, yet, one may assume that Darkness might be it. Akainu's fruit is very similar to Magellan's once you're hit you're out. The difference is that a simple hit can't hurt Akainu while a thrown rock will hurt Magellan the same way it would hurt Garp.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp was offered a position of Admiral and he's not even a Logia. The current pattern is a Logia fruit user but that doesn't mean the pattern wouldn't be broken.
    Quote Quote:
    Akainu is physically strong but I can't, yet, say that about Kizaru and Aokiji.
    Did you not see Aokiji jump about a couple hundred metres up just to freeze two massive waves caused by WB?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Admirals are equally strong. They are best marine fighters. In terms of pure strenght and fighting ability they are the same- some of people are saying that Aokiji is weakest because he wasnt able to overpower Ace but we must remember that Ace is his natural enemy. He is person that took down Diamond Jozu and its very impressive- third division commander was able to throw gigant iceberg at gigants squad and Aokiji won with that someone.
    Last edited by vagabond87; August 08, 2010 at 12:59 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
    That being said, I don't think Magellan is Admiral material just yet though he probably is stronger then the average Vice Admiral and Shichibukai ((what with him being confident that Shiliew (his equal) could handle the Blackbeard Pirates alone).
    I don't think he measured the strength of each foe around. He just needed someone to deal with Blackbeard, and Shiliew was the best he could find.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Imo, Magellan is clearly Admiral material, no doubt. But he's more suitable to guard the prison. He proposed the idea of chasing the escapees but got rejected. He's not going anywhere.
    Good point, I completely forgot about that.

IMO Magellan is (power-wise) suited to be an Admiral, but whether he's strong enough for the job or not it doesn't matter if the WG/Marines don't let him leave ID.

Another thing, Admirals can't just be powerful fighters, they also have to be able to lead. Yeah, the current Admirals don't seem to be good leaders (lazy, senile, angry), but they had to have some knowledge of commanding fleets of battleships and stuff since being an Admiral sometimes entails that. Magellan has none of that knowledge as far as we know (he was in ID since at least 20 years ago), so putting someone who's done Warden duties his entire career out on the sea would be a bit of a bad idea, no matter how strong he is.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Magellan would make a fine Admiral, but he doesn't belong to the Marine to start with... He is a prison guard. So, I don't think its possible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, there was a door which the Blogori used to go directly to the sea... It is a possibility to have a large one in level 6 which was used for Sanjuan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    Yeah, the current Admirals don't seem to be good leaders (lazy, senile, angry)
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan's not going anywhere, he's the chief warden of ID and his ability suits that perfectly, his fruit is great, but not close enough to perfect to be an admiral, I mean, inside those small halls his Hydra would be perfect to keep things in order,cause there's no real escape, and that's that, he's a high level fighter,probably stronger than a few V.A, but he'd most surely die against Momonga,for instance.

You're dissecting his ability has a great thing overall,but let's face it, he just gets hitted around to much to be an Admiral, luffy's ability in general isn't great,he fights with his fists, if a guy with a similar speed to luffy, but with a more concluding offensive, like a sword, faced Magellan,he'd loose, c'mon,how's this even arguable? if luffy used a sword,he'd kill magellan, each ability's good against a few,and luffy and Ivankov weren't good matches against Magellan,that doesn't mean he's as strong as a R.A leader or even a 300 million rookie,it just depends on the ability he faces, a ranged enemy with decent speed would trash Magellan, and the thing about admirals is that they don't let a battle's fate rest on the abilities of the opponent, they're beasts against every fighter, Magellan isn't versitle enough to be an admiral,and that's a fact,the bars set on a insanely high level,and magellan doesn't meet that criteria not even one bit.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I call that bulls**t. Your assumption could be taken on every non logia fighter. Somebody with enough speed and enough damage output, may it be blunt or piercing, enough of both to win, would simply win. That's not a theory that's a simple fact. All you say is, that he just needs a good match-up, but so does every strong fighter to lose.

We saw Momonga fight in two or three panels and you already make him an uber fighter, needed nerfing. Mr.1 is fast too, can create swords all over his body and still, Magellan would own him badly. He is versatile, with great offense and defense, is good in ranged attacks as with directs ones and his ultimate weapon seems unstoppable. His gauntlets would let him defend against swords/etc. .Don't forget, we don't know how he lost to Blackbeard and his crew.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not making blind assumptions, saying it's bulls*** and then saying that what I've said can be used against every non logia user is supposed to make what I said any less true? Tell me of a dude who's defeated someone faster and with more damage output than himself and then I'll tell you that it's true,I'm being simplistic!

Instead of going all that way to say I've said momonga is the coolest thing since sliced bread,just put a blade in luffy's hand,some control over it,and make him fight Magellan again, can you honestly say that Magellan'd win forsure? The sword would just raise luffy's damage output,going from seriously hurtful,to deadly! But it's just not luffy's kind of style, I know that if every character did the same thing,just add a pierce weapon to their arsenal,the story'd be dull,but guess what? there's swordsman who've been introduced, so that does exist, there are characters with a weapon that can kill when pierced by it, so that makes my theory plausible about Magellan not being suited for an admiral!

Now do the exact same thing that I told you to do with luffy and get him to face an admiral,by pure facts alone,could he defeat anyone of them? no he couldn't! add Haki to the equation,could he? No,he couldn't, all the admirals got haki,they can prefict ones movements to some point, hell! Aokiji got pierced by WBs bisento,and I think it's safe to assume WB's gotta be one of the best haki users around and he didn't get hurt,put magellan in his place,would Magellan be around standing?

Like it or not,it's true, simplistic logic or not,it IS true, Magellan does not have enough defensive versitality to be an admiral, and I used the Momonga reference because he apparently knows that same technique Lucci used (not sure of the name,so I won't try to spell it), so that does make him at least equal in speed to luffy, now instead of brute force,he uses a sword, replace luffy's fight at ID against magellan with a fight beetwen Momonga and Magellan,and let's not forget Momonga does know haki,so better perception of the opponents attacks, replace any attack luffy used on Magellan for a sword's pierce,can you honestly say Magellan'd be alive? no,you can't, can you honestly say momonga would be alive? you really can't. Now do the exact same thing with Momonga against any of the current admirals, can you say that Momonga would leave that place alive? he probably wouldn't,would any of the admirals? they probably would.

Get my point? Magellan's not on the admiral level,not by a long shot..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Arguments provable? ~ Magellan ~ Momonga ~ gore genre?

I wont write much, but I will not accept some beefed-up theory nor talk any further about someone we have barely seen. The Shanks vs Mihawk "fight"g is probably enough for all of my life. We have near to no info about him, nor have we seen him fight much against somebody, only once against Luffy, who was a lot weaker at the moment.

Keep in mind, I know he is extremely strong, he must be in the rank of a VA, has a lot of knowledge, can use haki, is a sword user, but that's it.

Give luffy a pircing weapon and I will stop reading the manga. Who wants to see a bloody Gomu-no-nail-kalaschnikov or Gomu-no-saw? Both of those attacks would simply kill enemies not fast enough. That thought is kida disturbing.

In before: I don't want Magellan to change his profession.
    Can Momonga kill people without moving like Magellan does? No. Can he use a shield, that will simply kill on touch, nearly everybody in the OP world? No. Do we know if Magellan is capable of using haki? No. Does Magellan have to be fast for "his" fighting style? No, he doesn't, going against him is like commiting suicide, no it actually is. Only hormones and antidots kept those alive.

You can keep arguing with non provable arguments, it's open to you, but stating your fantasy fight as fact is a no-go for me. And damn, in the end, I still wrote that much.-_-
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 12, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast