Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil Fruits

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil Fruits

I wonder, how do people know which fruit to eat? I mean, is it possible to know what exact abilities are provided by a perticular fruit? Or you learn this only after you've eaten it?

Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Fruits

One learns it only after eating it.
    That's the most interestong thing about Devils Fruits. Else everyone would want the coolest powers.
    BTW, that was explained in recent chapters. Kaku and Califa ate the fruits and they didn't know the names of those.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

and another evil deatil is.....you can't t even tell which power you'll gaining from the colour or the form of the fruits.....

the giraffe giraffe fruit looked like a banana....
    [img width=364 height=170]http://666kb.com/i/ag5fgggiye01kqvhy.png[/img]
    <br />
    by Cosmic Debris
    <br />
    [quote author=Ivotas link=topic=5091.msg116615#msg116615 date=1154398588]<br />We are Rush and we do things Rush style. It really is simple like that.[/quote]

Post Thanks / Like

but when Luffy ate the fruit shanks and his crew seemed to already knew it was the rubber devil fruit -_-

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they just guessed it, because they just happened to have a fruit laying around, and his body suddently turned freaky.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Predator_U
    Else everyone would want the coolest powers.
    Yeah, that makes sense. But then, another question. What happens if you eat a fruit and then another fruit? Do your powers change?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermie
    I think they just guessed it, because they just happened to have a fruit laying around, and his body suddently turned freaky.
    I've just checked it.....Shanks seems to know which fruit it was......but it's true that the name of the Fruit is called 1st time after luffy streches the first time.....[br]Posted at: May 03, 2006, 09:00:27 AM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikimora
    Yeah, that makes sense. But then, another question. What happens if you eat a fruit and then another fruit? Do your powers change?
    nope.....you would explode.......

there's a scene in the Manga (don't know exactly where) and there it is mentioned that you wouldexplode if you eat 2 fruits.....
    <br />
    by Cosmic Debris
    <br />
    [quote author=Ivotas link=topic=5091.msg116615#msg116615 date=1154398588]<br />We are Rush and we do things Rush style. It really is simple like that.[/quote]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ltphil
    there's a scene in the Manga (don't know exactly where) and there it is mentioned that you wouldexplode if you eat 2 fruits.....
    I was wondering too.
    Just start watching and reading OP (still at the end of Crocodile's arc ). You just answered to what i was thinking :-)

By the way ... this stuff is WAY BETTER than naruto. Why didn't anybody tell me

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enzomars
    that's your personal opinion.....
    i've never read one single page of a naruto manga.......but after reading some good things about it in this forum...i'll start soon.....

so far i can't tell which one is better....but i'm quite happy with op...

<br />
    by Cosmic Debris
    <br />

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enzomars
    Well, i see Naruto as a well-rounded story, and One Piece's story isn't all that important, what makes it fun is the fact that Oda is just really good at depicting action scenes, has too much humor for a single person, and emotional scenes too, like Robin's "i want to live!" thing this very arc, in short, One Piece is great for getting to the readers feelings. Oda makes you hate a person from the depth of your soul, and then uses exactly what you want to happen to him. Not slice him up, nor capture him, but this one kind of pain only fists and faces can give you... bla, this post sucks, but everybody that knows one piece should know what i mean

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

feelings feelings , and ultra uba super cool dialogs and text throwing. The personality of the characters is so well exploited and showed. I'm just fond off. I even cryed watching the Anime. Me a freakin dinosaure cry to an anime? Gosh that was just too much to stand ( Arlong Parc arc ).

Hehe and the last thing i've just seen ...
    Smoker : I have a message for those old geezers at the world government ...
    Tell them to eat shit!!!

waaahhh sooo cooollllll.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Khal, yeah, you have a point there. There is a book by Gerard Jones, 'Killing Monsters', it's about psychology processes which make people watch violent movies and so on. Whan you've said is just what he talks about during the whole book, with lots of examples and explanations. =) Looks like Oda is an expert in mental matters 8)))
    Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    Oda makes you hate a person from the depth of your soul, and then uses exactly what you want to happen to him.
    - and this he calles 'make-belief violence', which is essential for emotional relaxation 8)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because I dislike claiming things (even if they may be true) without proof:

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

there you have it....right from the horses mouth...(jabbaments mouth )
    <br />
    by Cosmic Debris
    <br />

Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

I have another question regarding devil fruits. How do the one who ate the fruit instantly know what the fruit will do? I guess with Luffy there was change in his body but what those zoan types and the lightning and fire types. Also how come Kalifa already knows the different applications of her powers. Based on the manga it didnt seem like they have enough time to learn and discover what their new powers where, the Straw Hats were right on their tails.
    &quot;Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming &quot;WOOHOO&quot;

New Reply
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast