Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The Roger Pirates - flashback

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

The Roger Pirates - flashback

Well, I am eager to find out about the history that happened in the void century but I am more eager about recent history, yes, the history of the Roger pirates. When do you think that we will be getting a detailed flashback of their doings? Rayleigh was an opportunity ... but we did not get to learn much since the SHs declined about him telling the history and thus telling about the crew as well. When Ace was executed we got few flashback from Roger's past.

Do you ever thing we will see them on whole flashback with them visiting Sky island, or other islands that were wacky and that they explored? With so many things going on in present One Piece, Roger's crew seems to be saved for Raftel, or do you think it might happen earlier?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Roger Pirates - flashback

Actually... I don't think we'll ever get a detailed flashback. Oda likes to reveal a bit here, a bit there when it comes to these stuff. He never gives us a flashback covering the entire life of a character. Honestly, I find it interesting that way as well.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    Actually... I don't think we'll ever get a detailed flashback. Oda likes to reveal a bit here, a bit there when it comes to these stuff. He never gives us a flashback covering the entire life of a character. Honestly, I find it interesting that way as well.
    Well they are not main characters, most main characters do get a flashback in One Piece, but it's because of how bad they had it in the past, I doubt the Roger pirates had some bad things, I mean yeah from time to time, but overall their lives were fulfilling ... I do however want to see if they functioned like the SH crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will at some point and time. Especially if we are going to meet Scopper Gaban at some point. He'll probably give us some insight on the crew. I also expect Shanks to have some stories, specifically why Roger gave him the hat in the first place.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Well they are not main characters, most main characters do get a flashback in One Piece, but it's because of how bad they had it in the past, I doubt the Roger pirates had some bad things, I mean yeah from time to time, but overall their lives were fulfilling ... I do however want to see if they functioned like the SH crew.
    Given the parallel between Luffy and Roger, as well as Shanks' personality, I think they functioned a lot like the SH crew. Dunno just how much, as we see right off the bat how different Rayleigh is to Zoro as swordsman and first mate.

New Reply