Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be next Admiral?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be next Admiral?

Rather unlikely, but the Marines could have left some senior back in the NW base for defense of Mary Joa or the city itself. This would be a fantastic way to introduce some unknown high ranking enemy without someone lvling up impossibly fast.

Yeah Doflamingo wouldn't be accepted by the marines, but it would certainly be a suprise for everyone.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 07, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think some "unknown" character should be introduced as the new admiral or someone we would never be able to imagine. After all Oda is never predictable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's a known character, It can only be smoker. Smoker is more interesting & seems to have more potential than all VC we have seen so far.
    I would prefer a new character ... for example, some kind of fighting genius around the same age as luffy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    If it's a known character, It can only be smoker. Smoker is more interesting & seems to have more potential than all VC we have seen so far.
    I would prefer a new character ... for example, some kind of fighting genius around the same age as luffy.
    the reason i cant see an unknown character becoming the new admiral because all of the top fighters were at marineford when whitebeard attacked. if he/she was that strong why would sengoku leave them out of the fight?

if its not one of the VA that we saw during the war, it has to be magellan.

magellan is just as devastating as the other 3 admirals. yes he amost was killed but he was up agaisnt a slew of legendary prisoners, virtually by himself so i cut him some slack for that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Magellan. He is a possibility.
    But a new character is possible. Everyone wasn't at marine ford. Marine still had to leave strong marines in the new world. Plus, some genius newbie could have been discovered during the two year timeskip. Some strong guys could have been sick during the war ... There are enough possibilities to explain that someone strong wasn't at marineford

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan seems more like a shady character I don't think he fits the admiral position.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So Smoker basically got promoted 3 times in those 2 years? Dont get me wrong, Smoker was neither really that strong (the Luffy now would toast the Smoker from back then, because his only advantage was beeing a logia) and he does not care for ranks. That was all already said several times in this thread...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Magellan, amazing fruit & when he fights he's just as ruthless as the admirals we know, plus with the same sense of duty. But he's not a marine & that's quite a few ranks to jump just because you feel it is your duty to recapture level 6ers. The VAs don't seem up to it Smoker neither. I say bring on the new candidates but no more logias the marines can't keep having all those

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it might be either someone from the actual Vice Admirals or someone from special forces that we haven't seen yet to fill in the position of an Admiral.
    Smoker is too far from the level of Vice Admiral and of course he is even more far from the level of an Admiral. Also he didn't have Haki before time-skip and he is in such age that you don't progress that much and don't gain such abilities as Haki in that age.
    I also don't see Magellan as an Admiral for the same reason as Smoker. He doesn't have Haki. Even though he is damn strong. He isn't strong enough without Haki to become an Admiral.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

About magelan, sure he is strong and all but he is nowhere near the strength of the admirals.He is like enel(a powerful df, better fighting skills than him etc..) but if we put him against someone like wb,shanks etc i don't think he would do even half as the admirals did in the war.
    About the people who says that he will stay in ID and all don't forget that Sentomaru was also Vegapunk's bodyguard(though works for WG) and after the TS he became a marine.

anyway i don't know for sure if akainu or aokiji promoted to fleet admiral but i believe that either the admirals will be 2 or a new character will be introduced because i don't see any of the VA (maaybe Yamakaji just because Oda keep him always smiling and all this and who knows maybe he'll have a Logia power too, that's just me!!) strong enough to keep on head with the other 2.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Magellan. He is a possibility.
    But a new character is possible. Everyone wasn't at marine ford. Marine still had to leave strong marines in the new world. Plus, some genius newbie could have been discovered during the two year timeskip. Some strong guys could have been sick during the war ... There are enough possibilities to explain that someone strong wasn't at marineford
    It can be always another retired hero. Or just someone who was at duty. Let's remember that there is plenty of possibilities and Oda usually don't go with the most predictable one.

Magellan can't be, He was defeated by Shiryu. I know that doesn't mean a lot, but It's something to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I also don't see Magellan as an Admiral for the same reason as Smoker. He doesn't have Haki. Even though he is damn strong. He isn't strong enough without Haki to become an Admiral.
    Pardon me, where it was said that Magellan lacks Haki? Or was shown in any place ANY hint of this?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Magellan can't be, He was defeated by Shiryu. I know that doesn't mean a lot, but It's something to consider.
    Shiryu? What part of the manga did Shiryu defeat Magellan? Or should you say that the Blackbeared Pirates?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

LordUriel
    Quote Quote:
    Pardon me, where it was said that Magellan lacks Haki? Or was shown in any place ANY hint of this?
    Actually as common logic goes, if person isn't stated to be Haki user - he isn't one. When he will be mentioned to have Haki I will agree, but until this we should consider that he doesn't have it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Something I found out watching trailers for the new movie:

Almost all prominent marine characters are shown, however no one of them has become an admiral. That would imply that currently Kizaru is the only admiral under Fleet Admiral Sakazuki.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

... suggesting the movie is canon which is hard to believe because the movie's story isn't from Oda, is it?

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast