Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be next Admiral?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be next Admiral?

Oda worked on this movie so we will get some small things that are canon I think.
    He worked on strong world trying to make it as canon as it could get but now I think that he took this Z movie one step closer to being canon.
    But I think thats wrong place to talk about it coz its spoiler for people wanting to see movie without knowing anything.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible candidates:

Magellan - That useless Hannyabal is the new warden and the Poison-man has the strength to keep high class pirates in line.
    Lucci?? - I really doubt Lucci would accept such a role and he probably doesn't have the dominance. It would be interesting to see a Zoan Admiral.
    Some new guy - Would be very cool if Oda just makes some new guy with badass powers to face Luffy.
    Coby - 100% positive he isn't an Admiral but he will be some day

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    Possible candidates:

Magellan - That useless Hannyabal is the new warden and the Poison-man has the strength to keep high class pirates in line.
    Lucci?? - I really doubt Lucci would accept such a role and he probably doesn't have the dominance. It would be interesting to see a Zoan Admiral.
    Some new guy - Would be very cool if Oda just makes some new guy with badass powers to face Luffy.
    Coby - 100% positive he isn't an Admiral but he will be some day
    Do you even read One Piece?

There was already Magellan on of the covers - http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...agellan_TS.jpg he is shown to be
    Vice Warden of Impel Down. He probably barely escaped death and is handicaped in a way.

Lucci- Spandam has dispatched pursuers to capture CP9 so they could be blamed for the mission's failure but they defeated Marines that were sended after them, they are now fugitives yet to be shown after time skipe(in last chapter we saw someone whos shadowed figure looks like Lucci).
    Zoan admiral would be amazingly good for me as well.
    Some completely new guy is best bet.
    Lately we have seen Vergo who was never heard of before and he turned out to be monster in therms of strenght so we can get some never seen before marine slightly stronger that Vergo being an Admiral.
    Last edited by vagabond87; December 17, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that he is saying that magellan was only character shown so far that could take role of admiral in terms of strenght no one from impel down could stand a chance against him
    Sorry for my Engrish...

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of his powers, Magellan has a very limited time of work, wasn't it 4 hours a day or something along of that ? Because the majority he's in the toilets taking a dump because of diarrhea (10 hours) and 8 hours sleeping, I doubt someone like him could work as an Admiral

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    ... suggesting the movie is canon which is hard to believe because the movie's story isn't from Oda, is it?
    As far as I know, the movie was overseen directly by Oda. Oda himself also desgined the post-timeskip designs for Aokiji, Kizaru, Sengoku, Corby and Helmeppo and draw Z's backstory in the special Volume Z, so his involvement was pretty big. I doubt Oda would allow any big inconsistency with the manga in a movie he is partially responsible for.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

people have homewhat wrong definition of canon around here, something to be considered canon it dont need to be attached to current storyline, it needs to be inside seting (or universe if you like) where story plays otherwise huge body of literature or media shouldn't be considered canon
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i know its probably zero chance of this happening, but i would love Enel to be one of the admirals. He is Akainu's type of guy, cold and merciless. Enel is really not a pirate, so it might ber possible. He would fit perfectly as an admiral, and it would be shocking.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i know its probably zero chance of this happening, but i would love Enel to be one of the admirals. He is Akainu's type of guy, cold and merciless. Enel is really not a pirate, so it might ber possible. He would fit perfectly as an admiral, and it would be shocking.
    lol, I think that would be really cool, and interesting but yeah there is probably zero chance of this happening, no chance Enel will take orders from anyone, unless he made a huge change in the past 2 years, and I don't think I would like him as much if he did. Also knowing Enel, he probably would keep thinking of the status that he used to have, he was considered a god, and whats higher than that, also he didn't have to much responsibility (he mostly got people to run his kingdom, while relaxing and showing his strength), and had so much freedom.

But, I think it would be really awesome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

There AREN'T new Admirals.

Nobody even hinted at the possibility of replacements to Akainu and Aokiji. Another thing, when Character World came out it had a spread dedicated to the Shichibukai. It showed two black spots, which represented the two new Shichibukai members other than Law. The Admiral page had no such thing. The movie also showed us all the known Marine Vice Admirals, so none of them became Admirals.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think see how that is much of an argument against one or more new admirals. Until the middle of this year we. Didn't even know the head vice-Admiral of G-5, Vergoldung, so no Oda can just create new characters to fill some empty spot. With Sakazuki taking the rank of fleet Admiral, the is only one known admiral left with Borsalino., don't you agree that it looks weird to have the three highest marine ranks filled by only three people?

Nobody has to hint at anything when it's the logical next step.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe i's just me but i hope we see a female admiral. if not a female admiral at least another warlord because there doesn't seem to be many strong female characters.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chances are it will be some unknown Vice Admiral from the NW. We've seen that they are very strong already (Vergo, Smoker). I wouldn't mind seeing atleast one of them being a girl though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

: Kizaru, Akainu and Aokiji and i hate kizaru, he is draw came out of a bad cartoon..
    while i hate Sakazuki for killing ice.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is ice?
    New Admiral will be most probably one person from VA that we already know- Doberman for example and other will be newcomer just like Vergo was in Punk Hazard arc.

New Reply
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast