Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Valentines Day in Japan.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Valentines Day in Japan.

Thanks, Pazzy. That helps. ( Of course, why didn't I think of referring to wikipedia in the first place...! )

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member rapdroopy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

yo in france we have the 14 february to celebrate "la Saint Valentin " both male and female give present .
    but i never know this because french girls want expensive presents so i break before
    Quote Quote:
    *i payed the equivalent of 60$ for the flowers
    i don't want that
    in france i haven' t find a simple girl who loves manga and rap at the same time
    tcho

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in Malaysia some people celebrate Valentine's day just to make profit from it (selling flowers, chocolate etc.), some celebrate it just for fun, some take Valentine's Day seriously and some don't even bother to celebrate (I'm in this category). For me, I rather spend my money to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday (not much, just buy some affordable/cheap gift will be more than enough. She don't mind, that's why I like her ). Or maybe I just spend my money buying manga, that will be much better.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm from North Carolina (not like that really matters I guess), but there really isn't a certain way we do Valentines Day. I do remember in Elementary school we would decorate brown paper lunch bags and set them on our desk. Then we would all line up and place those little Valentine cards into each bag with a lolly pop or some small candy. (the Valentine cards would look like this http://img-nex.theonering.net/images...book/11670.JPG but you would buy your favorite show )
    In middle school the school would sell roses and you could go and order one to be sent to your friend or loved one in the school. They had little poems/sayings that came with them. I remember it was a big deal to get one, but I wasn't all that into it. Now in high school they do the same thing, but the chorus class sings you a song that the sender picks. It's really embarrassing to get one. xD
    But it's funny to watch the person that gets the flower sink down into their desk and pretend that they're not there. I just send one or two to my friends because I know that they'd die of embarrassment. I also get chocolates/candy from my mom. I'll go and buy her something that we both like so that I can steal the candy when she's not looking. D:>

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member eQuek's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

In Sweden we celebrate Valentines day as most other European countries do. Give gifts, mostly chocolate, roses, jewelery etc.
    In my previous school we kinda changed the theme from love to more friendship. We had a theme day filled with different things concering love/friendship. Like writing poetry, debating, learning to know other people better and so on.
    We also had these squares on the floor made of tape and when two or more people entered it they had to hug.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member triniman121's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the Japanese way of valentines day...more fitting. but i don't really like that day it's pointless even though i do it anyway

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be cool if I was in Japan because Valentine's day is my birthday. I will not only get chocolate but other stuff too. If u know what i mean!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Japanese version of Valentines day, and that it is divided in two days, not one xD Firstly i discovered how it's goind by reading manga hyhy

About Poland, here is nothing special. Boys are giving some presents to girls and vice versa. But 7/8 years ago, when i was in primary school, it was mainly boys giving something to girls. Probably, because in Poland it was quesite new ^^
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cherryenchanted's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's really late for me to reply in this thread, since March 14 has already passed..but still I want to give my opinion...

I like this kind of celebration in Japan, where girls give guys chocolates or any present...they call it "White Day"...since is just so common that guys mostly gives chocolates or flowers to girls they like or to their loved ones...Here in Philippines, we do celebrate Valentine's Day on Feb.14, as other country also...wherein most guy do really give gifts to the girl they like...but nowadays, I think both the guy & the girl just do exchange gifts to express their love or thanks...and I think Valentine's Day is not just for couples but family, friends & all people who feels loved always!!!
    http://www.geocities.com/snowice_fireflame/march.jpg

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3