Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst zanpakutou and other abilities in Bleach

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst zanpakutou and other abilities in Bleach

I have been wondering what abilities in bleach are useless and or confusing and want to know which ones most of you think are the same?

My most hated zan ability in bleach has come to be KS because of the way it works and how it is used. It requires no spoken command, no gesture and basically happens whenever the user feels like it I hate it.

Feel free to state your least favorite zanpakutous/abilities and why, but remember: No Bashing! Thanks ~igotthegoods
    Last edited by igotthegoods; August 03, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Wolf D. Arius's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst zanpaktuo and other abilities in Bleach

i think getsuga is the worst of them all.

every Sword has its own power / element but Ichigos has nothing at all. if you compare his sword to all the other bankais ect, is just totally useless

but, as we know, the bankai has not really been revealed and its true power is yet to be shown... but untill now, his zanpaktuo is, in my opinion, the worst of them all.

3. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf D. Arius View Post
    i think getsuga is the worst of them all.

every Sword has its own power / element but Ichigos has nothing at all. if you compare his sword to all the other bankais ect, is just totally useless

but, as we know, the bankai has not really been revealed and its true power is yet to be shown... but untill now, his zanpaktuo is, in my opinion, the worst of them all.
    The GT is your worst ability well I mean it is a rather one trick pony but I never wanted it to be too fancy because it has so much power behind it but ok.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me its got to be Omaeda's shikai. Honestly its just a ball on a chain and he doesn't even use it properly. He might as well just drag it behind himself. It is an interesting looking Zan and in better hands it probably could be much more useful but the wielder here is what makes that zanpaktou useless.

Another one I'm not too much of a fan for is Rangiku's Haineko. Its was an interesting ability at first but I think now we've seen too much of it to the point of it being quite lackluster. Theres only so many times I can watch her Zan turn to dust only for it to do nothing amazing .

I'm usually a huge fan of must zanpaktou's so I guess it is a pretty extreme case for me to take a negative stance on something of this matter . But if I had to pick ones I didn't like it would be those two.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it's Kempachi's zampakutuo, because it's nothing but an ordinary old sword . Kempachi is awsome, one of my favorite characters, but he could fight basically the same way holding a steel pipe.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

8. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin's Shikai as its currently been presented is easily the worst in the series for any captain, possibly even vice captain level. Especially after that asinine limit was added. It's basically what any ol' captain could do anyway, only shorter. Seriously. Speed of extension is dodgable point blank from a sneak attack strike to the head, and long swords in general aren't an advantage. Lucky thing his bankai adds a huge degree of lethality to it.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont like Histus zan or bankai.....it kinda too hax and it has an amazing power where it is powered by Fanbase and creates new moves to win a battle.
    i prefer rukias ice zan more elegant and better atttacks...another weak zan is yea Rangikus Hienko seems useless...also dont like orhimies attack it doesnt work against shinigamis or arrancar

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji's Kido is also another ability that is pretty horrible . He got lucky once with it as we saw but other than that his control over it is pretty bad and he will never get better (even if he does practice in secret with rukia like we saw in the omake )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikkaku's shikai is easily the worst. it's just a regular melee weapon that we here on earth actually possess and can wield. i mean, i know that's Ikkaku's style, and that's what makes him appealing, but the shikai just sucks unless he's considerably above his opponent in strength, speed, and skill.

didn't Kenpachi say something about his sword progressively getting sharper throughout his fight with Noitora as he fought more and they messed each other up more? maybe he was just speaking figuratively about "getting warmed up" and getting back into the zone, but maybe that's his shikai ability without him even knowing it. sword becomes more damaging as it is used during a battle.

that would make it just like Ikkaku's bankai. but he probably just meant he himself was getting back into the zone.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate KS, of course. Cool idea, cool execution in the SS arc. Ever since it's been a plot device to save Aizen.

The squad 1 VC has another lame one. It turns into a fencing sword or something. Turning from a sharp sword to a not sharp sword is a lame power. No wonder Yama told him to wait at the barrier.

15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    I hate KS, of course. Cool idea, cool execution in the SS arc. Ever since it's been a plot device to save Aizen.

The squad 1 VC has another lame one. It turns into a fencing sword or something. Turning from a sharp sword to a not sharp sword is a lame power. No wonder Yama told him to wait at the barrier.
    i agree with this 100%

I've really started to hate KS lately... really Kubo mostly uses it to to save Aizen from death.

He's been using KS to "troll" us... or the the more recent tactic of his: Don kanonji ! Not that I hate bleach... just saying.

I also don't like Omaeda's Zanpakuto... does that thing even do anything useful? Then again, I suppose I also hate Omaeda overall, as I find him extremely annoying.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post

Yes another KS hater thank-you the thing can be invoked without a command only needs to be seen once and works forever. What I could be a random stranger walking by see Aizen do the ritual walk on meet him later 50 years or so he turn it on and I am looking at whatever he wants. The ability is ridiculous and completely broken.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Gin's Shikai as its currently been presented is easily the worst in the series for any captain, possibly even vice captain level. Especially after that asinine limit was added. It's basically what any ol' captain could do anyway, only shorter. Seriously. Speed of extension is dodgable point blank from a sneak attack strike to the head, and long swords in general aren't an advantage. Lucky thing his bankai adds a huge degree of lethality to it.
    on defense, his bankai is simple and lethal. I like it that way, very practical and kills easily unlike a massive giant energy slash that doesn't do anything but destroy the land around the enemy.
    CLEANED

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know all the hate about melee based swords, I mean, originally the swords were introduced as a personalized sword with a special use that fits the user's style. Even the "hax" swords are limited and have some kind of weakness that affects the user and people around all together, see, Aizen, he never spams his illusions, and has only used it 4 times in combat (Hitsugaya and Komamura in Soul Society arc, Harribel and the captains recently). For a half broken ability he barely uses it (Except to move his plan, of course, even even then, he acts himself most of the time).

That said, the zanpakutou with the less impressive ability must be the one used by Komamura's vicecaptain, while it is a very useful sword made to be used to cut from different sides and reasonably versatile for close combat, suited for a skilled vice captain ex-squad 11 member, it is almost useless against long-ranged enemies.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    For me its got to be Omaeda's shikai. Honestly its just a ball on a chain and he doesn't even use it properly. He might as well just drag it behind himself. It is an interesting looking Zan and in better hands it probably could be much more useful but the wielder here is what makes that zanpaktou useless.
    Well the fact that it was smashed bare-handed by shikai Ichigo is probably the icing on the disappointment.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast