Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dokonjo Ninden by Jiraiya

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dokonjo Ninden by Jiraiya

I bought the book and I confirm it's Dokonjo Ninden.

Kishimoto is the one in charge of the illustrations. Alterno's second picture is Jiraiya's authograph, to give us this just a few weeks after we saw Naruto's, nice one Kishi. Anyway, there isn't must pictures, the cover, Jiraiya's autograph, a sepia picture of Minato, Jiraiya and Kushina, a region map for the story, a simplyfied region map with some mark and Jiraiya's dedicace to Nagato. There's also a reprint of the manga pages we got in the regular chapters.

As for the story, wherever I look on and in the book, Kishimoto and Higashiyama and credited together as author (著者), Kishimoto clearly did the illustrations but it's not clear to which point is collaboration on the story extend. On the Shueisha's site, they say Higashiyama is the author (著者) and Kishimoto is the original work author and the illustrator (原作・イラスト).

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post

Kishimoto is the one in charge of the illustrations. Alterno's second picture is Jiraiya's authograph, to give us this just a few weeks after we saw Naruto's, nice one Kishi. Anyway, there isn't must pictures, the cover, Jiraiya's autograph, a sepia picture of Minato, Jiraiya and Kushina, a region map for the story, a simplyfied region map with some mark and Jiraiya's dedicace to Nagato. There's also a reprint of the manga pages we got in the regular chapters.

As for the story, wherever I look on and in the book, Kishimoto and Higashiyama and credited together as author (著者), Kishimoto clearly did the illustrations but it's not clear to which point is collaboration on the story extend. On the Shueisha's site, they say Higashiyama is the author (著者) and Kishimoto is the original work author and the illustrator (原作・イラスト).
    Could you please scan them?That would be really nice

And thanks for the info^^

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't, my old computer is dead and my new one run on vista. On the other hand, my scanner's driver wasn't updated to vista (probably because it was too cheap to begin with), so my computer don't know how to run it.

I need a new scanner or to find a way to resurect my old computer. Unless one of you have a alternative driver for a Canon F915900? It's for humanity's greater good, I assure you.

Ok, in an attempt to not completely waste this post, let me add the main characters list:

Naruto : jounin from Shuku
    Tsuyu : jounin from Shuku
    Renge : jounin from Shuku

Nikaku : shinobi from Shuku
    Shima : shinobi from Kon

Kokage : Head of the Shuku village
    Muei : Head of the Kotsu village
    Kaosu : Head of the Kon village

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I wonder if Kishimoto wrote it and how long it is...
    The last text page bear the number 252. There are five chapters, a prologue and an epilogue. The chapter titles are:

Prologue: オレの名前は (my name is) -> p. 9
    Chapter 1: 任務 (mission) -> p. 15
    Chapter 2: スリーマンセル? (three man cell?) -> p. 57
    Chapter 3: それぞれの戦い (each one's battle) -> p. 113
    Chapter 4: この世の終わり (the end of this world) -> p. 167
    Chapter 5: 諦めない心 (a heart that doesn't give up) -> p. 211
    Epilogue: いつか、きっと (one day, surely) -> p. 247
    Last edited by Gingitsune; August 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

ISBN # has been fixed and now it says ninden as other users have said, the old post at staff diary still have it as Kinden (weird, huh?). Anyway here is the picture Gingitsune was talking about

Kushina, Minato and Jiraiya

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Alterno; August 18, 2010 at 10:42 AM.

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KonohamaruHeaven's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    how much did you pay. in total.
    Last edited by KonohamaruHeaven; August 18, 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

¥10,193, but I had the 7th DVD of the Sasuke Arc (for the special DVD) and the latest BEST HIT NARUTO 1st print with the creditless opening DVD.

So, 10,193 - 3,281, - 2,569, - 743 = ¥3,600 of fees, ¥1,200 per item.

To stay on topic somehow, let me add Tsuyu and Shima are girls, Renge is a boy.

The prologue is the novel version of the few pages we had in the regular manga chapters.

Chapter one have Naruto and Tsuyu (a medic nin) being summun by their teacher, Shuu, to a meeting with the third head of the Shuku village, Kokage. They are given the mission to take back Renge, their former teammate, and eliminate him as a nukenin. Then we have a lot of talk, flashback and history stuff.

I'll report on the four remaining chapters later.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you post pics of the region maps? Unless they're the same ones as we've already seen. But it sounds like the maps point out where Jiraiya traveled?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KonohamaruHeaven's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to order this but the shipping is like 36$

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I always order more than one item at a time.

Quote Quote:
    Can you post pics of the region maps? Unless they're the same ones as we've already seen. But it sounds like the maps point out where Jiraiya traveled?
    I can't, my scanner is useless now that my computer run on Vista. As for the Jiraiya's travels, the map dosen't seem to be anything like the Narutoverse world map.

To sum it up, there are four ninja villages surronding a mountain called Hyakkizan, the mount of the 100 tortules. To the North, the village has 8 houses and a big tower in the middle, it's name is Kotsu (忽), "neglected". To the East, the village has 4 houses and is called Kon (混), "confusion". To the West, the village has 4 houses as well and is called Ton (沌), "chaos". The village to the South is called Shuku (儵), "fast", it's the protagonists' village. It has 8 houses and a kind of castle or temple in the middle. The title of the map read as 儵忽混沌絵図, "the map of the rapid spreading of chaos".

Both villages of the middle picture and the mountain are inside a commun border and they say in the first chapter that the konton village split into the Kon and Ton villages at the end of the last world war.

The simpler version of the map has a arrow going from mount Hyakki to the Kon village which has an X on. They say Renge is going to Kon. Which is the sketch of the mission Naruto and Tsuyu are asked to do.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd bump this with some more info, even though I don't have a lot of details, not having read it.

Someone had been working on a translation in private, but hasn't advanced beyond the start of the second chapter in quite a while, so I've had to rely a lot on reading summaries and such on Japanese blogs.

The book is semi-autobiographical in nature, loosely based on Jiraiya's life, perhaps mixed in with a bit of Nagato's. It's presented as if it were really written by Jiraiya, and beneath the slip cover it looks more or less just like the book shown in the manga and anime. It includes photographs and biographical information on Jiraiya, and a dedication to Nagato.

It takes place in a fictional Shinobi World, in a region known as Shukukotsu Konton ("Sudden Chaos") which contains four ninja villages. The two most powerful villages are Shuku ("Quick") in the South, and Kotsu ("Abrupt") in the North. In the center of the country are Kon ("Confusion") and Ton ("Disorder"), a pair of villages seperated by Mount Hyakki ("Hundred Turtle Mountain"). Kon and Ton were once a single village named Konton ("Chaos"), but at the end of the First Shinobi War was divided in two. The story is set after the Second Shinobi War.

The main character is Naruto Musasabi, a jōnin from Shuku. His personality is more or less a mixture of Jiraiya and Naruto. He's been trained in the Sage Arts, and his favorite ninjutsu appears to be Jinpū Hazan ("Gale Supreme Slash"), a technique in which he generates a focused whirlwind. He later performs a Rasengan-style signature attack called Suseigan ("Comet Sphere"), in which he creates a giant ball of wind and lightning. Musasabi means "flying squirrel".

The rival character is Renge Momoashi, a fellow jōnin from Shuku who goes missing-nin and abandons the village before the story starts. He's similar to Orochimaru and Sasuke. His clan symbol is the centipede, and it seems that he has access to some giant centipedes and can probably also summon them. He has a technique called Mizu no Tsuki ("Watery Moon") in which his form sways and flickers, allowing him to easily avoid enemy attacks.

The female protagonist is named Tsuyu, also a jōnin, and a medical-nin similar to Tsunade and Sakura. She seems to have feelings for Renge, and is shocked by the cruel realities of the Shinobi world. She has a technique called Fūton: Midare Hyakka ("Wind Release: Riot of a Hundred Flowers"), a palm strike that releases a gust of air filled with flower petals.

Team Naruto gets a replacement for Renge relatively early on, Nikaku Onikoma, a veteran of the First Shinboi War once known as the infamous Nikaku the Assassin. He's a sensor-type ninja assigned to help them track down Renge. The catch? Nikaku's a donkey. Or, rather, he's been disguised as a donkey since the end of the First Shinobi War in order to keep himself hidden from the public, who believe that he was executed for slaughtering his allies on the battlefield. He and Naruto argue a lot. He's a skilled shinobi and has several abilities, many of which seem to revolve around a large gourd he wears around his neck. Naruto's Suseigan is also inspired by Nikaku's weaker Fūton: Ryūseigan ("Wind Release: Meteor Sphere"). Onikoma means "demon horse".

The trio's sensei is a man named Shū, who seems to primarily be there to scold Naruto when he talks out of turn. He leads his own cell, Team Shū, which acts as Shuku's Black Ops division. He doesn't seem very important, from what I can tell.

The leader of Shuku is Kokage Mahiro, the Third Village Chief. His predecessor was Kaen Mahiro, who carried out some controverscial actions during the end of the First Shinobi War.

The leader of Kotsu is Muei Yagyū, a legendary shinobi similar to Hanzo. During the Second Shinobi War, he named Naruto, Renge, and Tsuyu the Legendary Sannin. Probably named after Yagyū Jubei, who has legendary reputation similar to Hattori Hanzo's in ninja folklore.

The leader of Kon is named Kaosu (pronounced like "Chaos"), and one of the Kon jōnin is named Shima, though I haven't really been able to find anything out about them.

The story starts with a prologue, which is the same story that was summarized in the manga and anime, in which we saw Naruto (as invisioned by Naruto and Nagato) fight a bad guy who was attempting to attack Shuku. After this brief prologue, it goes into the main story.

Naruto and Tsuyu are summoned to a meeting with Kokage, where they learn that the village of Ton has been destroyed by Mount Hyakki, which it seems has shifted its position in order to do so. We learn that Konton was once a single village, and that Totsu was trying to conquer them. Konton looked to Shuku for aid, and together they began the Souten Project ("Heavenly Funeral Project") in an attempt to develop a forbidden jutsu with supreme destructive force: Gukōizan, named after a Japanese saying which basically means "Even a fool can move a mountain if he's persistent".

However, at the end of the First Shinobi War, there was an opportunity for peace and the technique wasn't needed. Kokage's predecessor, Kaen, decided to kill everyone connected with the Souten Project, and divided the villages in two to keep the information on the forbidden jutsu from leaking out. Naruto and Renge's father's were both killed during that war, and it seems there is a possibility that they were involved in the Project.

On top of this, Renge's left the village as a Missing-nin. In flashbacks, Naruto remembers that Renge thought the Shinobi World was much bigger than Shuku Village, and that it had no beginning or end, like a snake biting its own tail. He felt like Shuku wasn't big enough for him. Kokage seems to have evidence that Renge may be working with the villagers of Kon, and may have been involved in the destruction of Ton.

Naruto attempts to investigate Renge's house, but inside is attacked by a giant centipede. He manages to defeat, but is bitten on the back and seems to develop a marking on his back similar to a crused seal, resembling cross between a spider web and a compass. He finds a hidden room in the house with the same marking drawn across the wall in red.

The next day he and Tsuyu are summoned to speak to the Kokage again, and he assigns them on the mission to recover Renge and bring him back to the village alive. For that purpose they are assigned a third team member, a sensor-type that can track them down: Nikaku. After Naruto and Nikaku argue and fight and have some silly donkey-related shenanigans, they set out to find Renge.

However, I don't know what happens after this point in the story, and I haven't been able to find much information about it on Japanese websites. :/
    Last edited by Suzaku; June 04, 2011 at 03:15 AM.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2