Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: is naruto's ninetails unleashed mode speed equal,less,or greater than minato's FTG?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less

12 52.17%
  • Equal

5 21.74%
  • Greater

6 26.09%
New Reply

Thread: Naruto's Shunshin Minato's Hirashin on battlefield

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's Shunshin Minato's Hirashin on battlefield

Well, I wonder if they are equal or if Naruto surpasses Minato on short distances during the battle. Of course he can't teleport himself nor his friends from the battlefield to a safe house but during the battle for attacking purposes I think he wouldn't need Hirashin. It is too bad that we won't see him in the war, that would give us an idea.

Hirashin should be Minato's jutsu like rasengan. Jiraiya didn't teach Naruto the rasengan he just showed him and unless Naruto finds his own way to do Hirashin, I don't want him to copy directly. That's not Naruto's style.

And I believe this new power-up could be a hint that Naruto won't need at all to Hirashin.

So what do you think?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Saruji-San's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could naruto's nine tails unleashed mode speed possibly rival or surpass minato's flying thunder god

Okay so i just finished reading the chapter and from what ive seen when naruto uses his new found power i'll call it unleashed mode he's just all together badass he can sense negative and evil emotions from anyone which makes him one of the best sensor type in narutoverse plus on top of that his INCREDIBLE SPEED he gained was either equal or greater than minato's FTG... and it's only his first time using that form so i'm sure it'll get a lil gettin used too but think about it once he gets the hang of it or even masters it i think he can by far be the FASTEST shinobi in narutoverse IMHO he shocked the shit out of me with his speed and power at which he punched kisame hell even kisame was shocked shittt everyone was shocked it sent chills down my spine just to see that form again and see what it was like in action it's pretty bad ass and i'm bettin thats just the tip of the iceberg for that form i wonder if he'll have like a version 2 of that form no kyubi cloak none of that B.S. iwanna see this form in more action but then it got me thinkin if naruto is this badass then kishi is gonna have to make sasuke as equally bad ass or sasuke is goin to get OWNED str8 up and down but anyway what are your guys opinion? lets discuss

Moderator message by: M3J
    Merged two threads into one.
    Last edited by M3J; August 06, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's Shunshin Minato's Hirashin on battlefield

I want to know how the hell he learned it. It was lame enough that getting control of the Kyuubi gave him "the power to sense evil and other bad feelings" (really, how stupid is that?), but a new jutsu? Even if he got that power from absorbing the Kyuubi, how did he know he could do it literally minutes after, with apparently no practice or even testing out his power at all.
    Last edited by M3J; August 06, 2010 at 11:57 PM.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy-Ninja
    I want to know how the hell he learned it. It was lame enough that getting control of the Kyuubi gave him "the power to sense evil and other bad feelings" (really, how stupid is that?)
    Its not stupid - its an ability of Kyuubi <though I didn't expect it to be also for Naruto as a sensor-type thingy> Still, Kyuubi could sense hate in Naruto, even he could sense hate in Sasuke. Its pretty fair to assume, its an ability of Kyuubi <yet.. another> So, yeah, Naruto has it now in "new mode".

I think Naruto in his new mode has awesome shunshin no jutsu speed, nuff's said. After I see more of him, I will even daresay that he will be as fast as top fast fighters right now in Narutoverse <including Minato> Right now I can only say
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy-Ninja View Post
    I want to know how the hell he learned it. It was lame enough that getting control of the Kyuubi gave him "the power to sense evil and other bad feelings" (really, how stupid is that?), but a new jutsu? Even if he got that power from absorbing the Kyuubi, how did he know he could do it literally minutes after, with apparently no practice or even testing out his power at all.
    i think it's not something he learned. it's a passive skill that brings the user to heightened senses just like how he's able to sense chakra when he's in sage mode. in sage mode, since he's fusing natural energy with his regular energy, it's only feasible that he can "sense" everything around him thru their chakra. and as juUnior said, getting the kyuubi's chakra gave him that skill. the kyuubi can sense emotion like hatred since it is after all a furball of hatred. By "extracting" the chakra minus the kyuubi's will, he's presented with purest form of chakra. I think that's the reason why naruto getting the kyuubi chakra is different from the other jinchuurikis in the sense that he's not going to transform into tailed form because he's not really on hand-in-hand with the kyuubi.

anyway, going back to the poll, any form of superspeed is an advantage to the user. minato's ftg has its own pros compared to naruto's superspeed. minato can choose where to teleport by just throwing the kunai, the downside is that, transfer the kunai and he's displaced. one can possibly defeat minato that way. minato's just quick and wise in using his special kunais. as for naruto's superspeed, i mean he's basically going to be a powerhouse with the speed advantage. he can attack with more force and land more hits. i think the downside for now is that he's not able to completely control it yet.

so for me i think naruto's superspeed is better.
    Last edited by mbacarra; August 07, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zero Sama's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

being equal isn't just about pure speed it's about how do you use it and how smart the user is ... and when you put naruto against someone as smart as minato ... I doubt naruto could keep up

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member stephen80's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he learned it, i just think he is just so damn fast in super naruto mode, that bee saw only a yellow flash, which could mean it's pure speed not some jutsus, btw the way naruto crushed kisame on the wall, reminds me of yondaime grabbing naruto againt madara, though naruto stomped too hard on the wall, anyway even tho naruto's now very fast, he's not quite at yondaime's lvl who could use hiraishin.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Naruto's Shunshin Minato's Hirashin on battlefield

i think naruto in his new form surpassed minato a lot because his speed was very very fast and all what minato can do is to teleport and he isn't posses a huge physical strength and pure speed like naruto now.
    and if he face naruto and teleport himself naruto can sence him and act quickly

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be some overall confusion about Minato's ability that leads to some odd posts.

Minato earned to the Yellow flash moniker because of his speed and shunshin, and not from the FTG. He was so fast that his enemies only saw a yellow blur or flash when he moved. FTG is a space/time technique, there wouldn't be any flash or blur from the movement. Minato just disappears from one place and appears in another.

Now Naruto's speed may very well rival his father's with this recent upgrade, but it will never be as quick as a FTG, because a FTG is instant.

As to the possibility of Naruto learning Hiraishin....I really doubt it. Ya it would be awesome for the cool factor, but who would teach him? Naruto has never seen the technique, and im not even sure if hes ever even heard of it. We as the readers have seen it, but did Kushina ever mention it? So unless Naruto magically finds a scroll with a how to manual of the FTG inside, I dont think Naruto will ever use it.

Besides, its cool that Naruto has learned some of his dad's techniques, but he shouldnt be a complete copy.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it heavily depends on the distance.

He might be faster on short distances, since he seems to be able to use his Shunshin without any preparation like seals or anything.
    But as the distance increases, the fact that the movement part of Hiraishin is totally instant makes it faster than Naruto's shunshin. Also, I cannot imagine that Shunshin will just work on any distance, at least not without an extreme cost, whereas Hiraishin does work and does not seem to be much more chakra intense on increasing distances.

However, Naruto totally surprised Kisame and landed quite a killer blow. If his target hadn't been such a monster, it might've been a nice and clean oneshot.

In the end Minato most likely is faster in average as he can switch between Hiraishin and Shunshin. However, his reflexes and ordinary body movements might be slower than Naruto's.

New Reply