Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyuubi Jinchuuriki choice

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyuubi Jinchuuriki choice

So, the Leaf know from Mito's experience that the seal is weakened most at childbirth. Mito's seal almost broke when she gave birth. So, my question is:

Knowing this, why the hell did they choose another woman to be the next Jinchuuriki?

Not trying to be sexist or anything, but if a man was the Jinchuuriki, it would just side-step the whole problem. Since, you know, men don't give birth and all that. There wasn't any mention of Uzumaki women being any different from Uzumaki men, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

I just don't get it.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jourrel's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyuubi Jinchuuriki choice

Politics or Bloodlines I guess

politics: they get a girl to marry another hokage
    Bloodlines: they want strengthen the uzumaki's bloodline

Thanks to Code-R for my avatar and Broken for my sig!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Very simple, Kushina possessed a unique chakra capable of restraining the Nine-Tails. Aside from the issue of possible pregnancy well into the future, she was the best possible choice.

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

She wasnt the best choice, she was the only choice possible..

The Whirpool country was already destroyed and she was one of the last remaining Uzumaki´s around...

But well, I guess with Naruto now that flaw about the pregnancy thing is gone

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems the hidden Uzushio wasn't yet destroyed when Kushina left, since there were still people to assess her chakra's power, chose her and send her to Konoha. The destruction had to occure after she was sent and before Naruto was born. Thus, it was the Uzumaki who chose her and they may not have been told there was a problem with childbirth.

Also, it's not because she's can have child that she will. Mito was already married when she became a jinchuuriki, but Kushina could have been single forever.

And anyway, Kushina had a strong chakra that could bind bijuu, it's better to have a strong jinchuuriki most of the time and watch over for a few hour when she deliver babies, than have a weak jinchuuriki that can burst any minute of the day, any day, like the Kumo jinchuuriki seemed to be prior to Killer Bee.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kyuubi is incredibly dangerous even shinobi like Minato & Pain have trouble dealing with its massive power. Someone capable of containing its power was deemed more important that using it was a weapon for the obvious reason I just mentioned.

Now if you reread the very 1st chapter where Naruto steals the scroll of sealing and the 3rd seems worried that there is a small chance he could accidentally release the seal. You understand why hes worried because if the Kyuubi runs loose it would have destroyed the entire village and he would not have the power to stop it.

The Cloud village was reckless in their pursuit of using the Hachibi and their village was wrecked several times because of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    The Kyuubi is incredibly dangerous even shinobi like Minato & Pain have trouble dealing with its massive power. Someone capable of containing its power was deemed more important that using it was a weapon for the obvious reason I just mentioned.

Now if you reread the very 1st chapter where Naruto steals the scroll of sealing and the 3rd seems worried that there is a small chance he could accidentally release the seal. You understand why hes worried because if the Kyuubi runs loose it would have destroyed the entire village and he would not have the power to stop it.

The Cloud village was reckless in their pursuit of using the Hachibi and their village was wrecked several times because of it.
    Actually it's totally the opposite, they are seen as weapon even the elder of Konoha actually saw Naruto as a weapon till Tsunade's "He is a shinobi of Konoha speech", so is not only about containing is about using it's power, even if is to a limited degree, we saw Kumogakure performing extractions because their Jinchuurikis couldn't control their beast and we know that the Jinchuuriki before Gaara got his bijuu extracted by Chiyo.

Is not just like sealing the bijuu of someone just for sealing it, because Kushina was about to seal it would pass sometime before it could be resurrected. So it not really as you point, sorry.

As for why a woman?, Maybe because the first Kyuubi Jinchuuriki was woman and they knew what to expect from woman Jinchuuriki or maybe woman actually are more capable of holding the nine tails than man, due their chakra or other aspect than should be revealed, Also is not some simple woman, both were Uzumaki, so there are 2 factors in common and Naruto while a Jinchuuriki, he don't have the full power of the Jinchuuriki at least not the power that Kushina and Mito had in their hand as Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi.
    Last edited by Alterno; August 03, 2010 at 02:09 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    She wasnt the best choice, she was the only choice possible..

The Whirpool country was already destroyed and she was one of the last remaining Uzumaki´s around...

But well, I guess with Naruto now that flaw about the pregnancy thing is gone
    We don't have any info on this timeline. We don't know when the Whirlpool country was destroyed. And ı don't believe that Kyuubi host should have a special chakra. Yes it may facilitate things but I don't think it is a prerequisite. In my opinion, the last flashback arc was a plot hole arc, Kishi clearly changed the story he first planned (if ever).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ek7 View Post
    We don't have any info on this timeline. We don't know when the Whirlpool country was destroyed. And ı don't believe that Kyuubi host should have a special chakra. Yes it may facilitate things but I don't think it is a prerequisite. In my opinion, the last flashback arc was a plot hole arc, Kishi clearly changed the story he first planned (if ever).
    Well, I dont have the Manga with me to post links because all the sites are deads...

But in the chapter 500, Kushina said that she was chosen to be next Jinchuriki because her special and powerfull chakra. She was sent to konoha when she was a very little girl..

After that the whirlpool country was destroyed, maybe in the 2nd war, I dont know.. The strange thing is that Minato said to Kushina in the last chapter that she saw how her country was destroyed...

Well, my point is that it seems that you need a special chakra to hold the kyubi and resist its poisonous chakra.. I remenber that Jiraiya and Yamato said it once

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cloudmanga.com/Naruto/503/

I think the situation is similar to the cloud one. The jinchuiriki of the village is usually picked to be someone close to the kage to stablish his power and whatnot. Kushina was made the jinchuiriki so that she could marry the hokage. She basically picked the hokage so to speak.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo, she was very special. Special enough to justify her being Kidnapped by Kumo in one of their attempts to control the Hachibi. It's like the attempt to get a Byakugan, that justified Neji's father's death. Kushina's chakra was so dense it was one of those relics. It totally justifies her as a choice.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think why they never sealed the kyubbi inside a man before because men tend to lose their temper a lot easier than woman thus allowing for the kyubbi to take control and go rampant

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uzushio was most likely destroyed during the Third Shinobi War. First, Kushina refers to the war that resulted in Uzushio's destruction with some familiarity, and seeing as she was very young when the Second Shinobi War ended, the Third is more likely.

Secondly, Kushina is knowledgeable in the Uzumaki Clan's fuinjutsu, as evidenced by the fact that she was said to have taught Minato various techniques. Seeing as she was a child when she came to Konoha, she must have returned to Uzushio at some point to learn.

As for a special chakra being unnecessary to be the Jinchuriki, I believe Naruto's difficulty coping with only half of the Nine-Tails' power speaks for itself. Sure, a normal person may be able to contain it, but it would no doubt be incredibly dangerous.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    i think why they never sealed the kyubbi inside a man before because men tend to lose their temper a lot easier than woman thus allowing for the kyubbi to take control and go rampant
    You are hopefully aware of Kushina's trait of beating up the people who merely looked at her the wrong way?

She's as violent and short-tempered as any testosterone driven man out there. Just like Sakura I suppose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sure she's short tempered but i believe when she got into fights she would still be in control of what she was doing.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast