Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: How will the training arc be dealt with by Oda?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timeskip (jump right to the end of the trainings)

164 73.87%
  • Detailed (show each strawhat's trainings)

17 7.66%
  • Cover page (glimpse as we only follow Luffy's)

30 13.51%
  • Other (explain)

11 4.95%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhat training arc

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    What about healing and resting ? Each fight will make him get injuries and will tire him out - especially if he uses Diable Jambe. It was also said that Sanji cannot use this technic too often.

The problem is also that Sanji's quest is not only to beat the Masters but also to avoid/beat each inhabitant of the island. They will chase him to turn him into an Okama so he won't have time to sleep peacefully. So it won't be easy to find the 99 Masters of the Kamabakka Kingdom.
    You are absolutely right with everything. It definitely sounded like Iva is not planning go give Sanji any kind of rest from now on.

But I think that what I said is (proper resting time assured) conservative in One Piece World.
    I was just saying that Sanji will improve over time contrary to what Soka seems to imply.
    And who knows, Sanji could develop a skill similar to Luffy's eat-while-sleeping, in his case fight-while-sleeping?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sanji won't get any rest, the timespan won't be too long I think.
    In my opinion this would indicate a more shorter timespan than a longer one.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    What about healing and resting ? Each fight will make him get injuries and will tire him out - especially if he uses Diable Jambe. It was also said that Sanji cannot use this technic too often.

The problem is also that Sanji's quest is not only to beat the Masters but also to avoid/beat each inhabitant of the island. They will chase him to turn him into an Okama so he won't have time to sleep peacefully. So it won't be easy to find the 99 Masters of the Kamabakka Kingdom.
    He can use the recipes He get to gain energy

And maybe Iva watching his efforts will give him a little plus.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

He will need some place to hide while sleeping... isn't just that?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy learns to swim! That gotta be great Haki training, as Haki seems to be will power based. I feel it's something Rayleigh would do. I know the OP rules state DF users cannot swim, but perhaps that rule can be broken with Haki, as every other problem can be solved with Haki.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dakahla's Avatar
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Strawhat training arc

Quote Originally Posted by Deo_df View Post
    Luffy learns to swim! That gotta be great Haki training, as Haki seems to be will power based. I feel it's something Rayleigh would do. I know the OP rules state DF users cannot swim, but perhaps that rule can be broken with Haki, as every other problem can be solved with Haki.
    That's actually a great prediction/idea GJ!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

would be funny if oda stops writing one piece for a year coz they are ''training'' ahaha

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    would be funny if oda stops writing one piece for a year coz they are ''training'' ahaha
    Funny?
    No... I would die without One piece for 1 year!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad theory!

But I remembered something. After Aokiji freeze the sea, the Whitebeard commanders said it would "make things easier"... it made me feel them suffered from standard Devil Fruit weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this theory because it sounds like something I would say in a totally sarcastic voice. Honestly, the more I read it the more I wonder whether this was written in gross sarcasm or just as a bad theory. I like the gross sarcasm angle.

Crew: "Luffy, how have you been!?"
    Luffy: "I have been <dramatic pause> training! Watch my power! <swims>"
    Crew: <shockedface> "Now we can't use that joke where we save Luffy from drowning every time!!!"

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think the swimming thing would work..., because as soon as they touch the water, they just sink... they can't even try to swim...

And this is the only downfall of having a DF, so that would be kinda odd to be able to swim with a DF.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everybody on here seem to talk as if they will all come back together at once? Hell, Luffy might have to go to each of those islands to get them back. I personally am hoping some of their companions become new crew members too.

If this is in fact a training arc, I would rather it jump from character to character in very quick bursts and only show the difficulty they are having, and not go through explanation chapters. Explanations are usually done as observations in One Piece. All of the Strawhats have proven to naturally grow more powerful with each fight as is, and I have no doubt Sanji could beat those 99 Okamas in a month or that Zoro could beat that ape tribe in that time. I think the others will all make very quick progress too. Maybe we'll get an arc more about the Supernovas with quick views on the Strawhats progress. I would like that, as a way to show off the New World from the get go. One Piece doing a training arc does feel weird... xD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji beat iva will be a great end to his training. Zoro being accepted as a rival to mihawk, id be satisfied with that, even if it meant he was sill weaker, but hopefully in the same league. Luffy will be on ace's level but still far from yonko...as for the rest who cares???? They are all just comic releif! There is hardly a serious character between the lot of them?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Other.

As they all are waiting/training, then this is the best way to show all the OTHER pirates on the world of One Piece! They can keep showing the supernovas running around, maybe give one or two some something to do, and give them more in dept personality's.
    Something else that can be shown would be the revolutions! We could see a few of their actions they will take now with WB's downfall.

And the last thing that can be shown could be the Government/marines/nobles and what they are doing and a few plans.

---------------

Add a few "3 days later in the new world" there and here, add a few "one week later at random Marine base" there and here...

And without even slowing down, a LOT of time has passed by before continuing with the strawhats!
    Last edited by Cedde; August 16, 2010 at 10:20 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted other.
    But actually is the timeskip - plus something - I think he will show it's and every training/growth at the moment of need for every person(battle,illness,repair,knowledge etc)

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast