Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: How will the training arc be dealt with by Oda?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timeskip (jump right to the end of the trainings)

164 73.87%
  • Detailed (show each strawhat's trainings)

17 7.66%
  • Cover page (glimpse as we only follow Luffy's)

30 13.51%
  • Other (explain)

11 4.95%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhat training arc

You're making Sanji's training look easy...he's not just fighting 99 people, he's has to survive from them trying to put a dress on him too :P

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I just had an idea as to what brook will learn in order to get stronger. Remember apoo? The guy had mysterious music like abilities and a strange body. Mostly we assumed apoo had DF powers but is that necessarily the case? Perhaps apoo's body is related to a DF but does that necessarily mean the effect his music has is related to a DF? I think the effect apoo's music is not actually DF related and brook will learn it and add it to the special effects his music already seems to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    You're making Sanji's training look easy...he's not just fighting 99 people, he's has to survive from them trying to put a dress on him too :P
    Not to mention there probably will be a trick to defeating each of the 99 newkama masters. Odds are that each one will require sanji to learn a bit of newkama kempo and each will be extremely strong.
    Last edited by kkck; August 20, 2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 外国人's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is going to be a timeskip, the only question is how long. I've seen some guesses from 1-2 weeks to 2 years. However, I believe that there will be only 2-4 month timeskip.

With all the chaos Oda has set up the world be in, why would he just make the MWs just sit by when Blackbeard and the Supernovas are making moves and establishing their presence in the New World?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this training arc will run the same way things have since the strawhats separated. It'll focus on Luffy with updates on the other's training relegated to cover pages.

Whatever Luffy ends up doing to get stronger i think we will probably get to see him do it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is the best that we see Luffy's training and only a glimpse on the others mainly because if suddenly time skip then we will expect too many flashback when he fight about their training

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

there doesn't need to be any individual flashbacks if there's a timeskip, Oda could just have them go a to an island after they get together and show off everyone's power-ups after their training. But yeah, if he does focus on training, it should be Luffy's since his is the most important

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you go by the fact that the Strawhats had their arses handed to them by Kumabots, I can see the strawhats reuniting after x amount of time and being ambushed, before completely wiping the floor with 5+ kumabots and entering the new world as an insanely powerful crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro - Mastery of the gentle sword + spirit.
    Luffy - Learning to control his king haki

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member empeethree's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roxas_strife2 View Post
    Why does everybody on here seem to talk as if they will all come back together at once? Hell, Luffy might have to go to each of those islands to get them back. I personally am hoping some of their companions become new crew members too.

If this is in fact a training arc, I would rather it jump from character to character in very quick bursts and only show the difficulty they are having, and not go through explanation chapters. Explanations are usually done as observations in One Piece. All of the Strawhats have proven to naturally grow more powerful with each fight as is, and I have no doubt Sanji could beat those 99 Okamas in a month or that Zoro could beat that ape tribe in that time. I think the others will all make very quick progress too. Maybe we'll get an arc more about the Supernovas with quick views on the Strawhats progress. I would like that, as a way to show off the New World from the get go. One Piece doing a training arc does feel weird... xD
    I remember Shanks recruiting his crew one by one by finding them in purpose,,,
    it's raining cats and dogs

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't figure out what sort of upgrade robin could go through.... She also needs a powerup IMO. If she was a melee fighter, her fruit could do extraordinary stuff, her versatility would be limitless. With super strength she'd be capable of causing devastating damage with hundreds of consecutive punches and her trick where she merges several arms into a big one would be outright epic, it'd be similar in principle to luffy's gear third. Even just haki would do great things. Imagine her breaking people like she did aokiji while using haki..... Still, melee fighting does not actually suit her IMO. I think she'd go in another direction but I still have no clue as to where she could go.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

I must apologize for yelling at all the people who suggested time skip. seems one piece just became another one of the generic mangas.

on another note, this sucks, 4 weeks of no one piece!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I must apologize for yelling at all the people who suggested time skip. seems one piece just became another one of the generic mangas.
    XD A timeskip makes it generic? Well, I suppose that depends on what sort of border you have between "generic" and "classic". I still trust Oda sensei to deliver an entertaining and awesome manga, time skip or not. The real life "time skip" makes me panicky though T_T I mean, I practically keep time with One Piece XD My internal clock's going to be completely off.

And, back on topic, why does the training each crew member go through have to make them physically stronger? As plenty of characters in OP have proven, in quite a few situations, creativity is more valuable than raw strength.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Xman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in regards of Robin, I was talking with friend about fruits and stuff. The thing is, Robin can generate any part of her body to any place, so we could assume that she can generate her whole body "multiple" Robin ???
    Also, she could generate another whole body and teleport to that part and dissolve the starting body??

Usopp, he just need to grow some balls o.o

Sanji... I just cheer for the underdog D:
    Last edited by Xman; August 26, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xman View Post
    Well, in regards of Robin, I was talking with friend about fruits and stuff. The thing is, Robin can generate any part of her body to any place, so we could assume that she can generate her whole body "multiple" Robin ???
    Also, she could generate another whole body and teleport to that part and dissolve the starting body??

Usopp, he just need to grow some balls o.o

Sanji... I just cheer for the underdog D:
    A whole new Robin?
    That would actually be a pretty nice power-up!

Mass Shadow clone jutsu!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think a whole new robin would be that much of a powerup. It'd be useful for a number of things but all in all it would not make her significantly stronger. To a great extent, there are twice as many targets in a fight. No idea what sort of powerboost she could go through.....

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast