Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: How will the training arc be dealt with by Oda?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timeskip (jump right to the end of the trainings)

164 73.87%
  • Detailed (show each strawhat's trainings)

17 7.66%
  • Cover page (glimpse as we only follow Luffy's)

30 13.51%
  • Other (explain)

11 4.95%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member terrorei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    The point of the fight against Kuma was to show them that they really weren't strong enough.
    They HAD to get stronger, to even survive (so, imagine how strong they need to become if the aim for the top).
    If you don't get it I will help you to understand why SH lost on SA. Its a joke to call it fight at all, since they lost to Kumas and Kizarus teleport abilitys. Logically speaking the SH should the next battle even if Luffy learned Haki and to predict how the enemy move, since even if he can follow the "teleport speed" he can't fight against Kizaru and Kuma at once, if they split up and attack his crew one by one.
    But I get the feeling its senseless to explain it to you since it appears you would be happy to see a "Getsuga Bleach" like Luffy who can split the earth in 2 if he likes to.

@Josl: About the SN, sure they will train in the New World, but you don't get my point. It can't be compared since their fights can't be compared with the the training the SHs get.

Luffy get trained get Trained by maybe the strongest man in the world (at least up to this point).
    Zoro gets his training from the world best Swordsman.
    Nami the Navigator gets her Training at Weatheria the best place to learn how to navigate on the sea.
    Usopp - To be honest I don't know what kind of training he can get, besides how to fight for himself and not counting on others all the time, since Herculas may be strong but his "help" is as worse if the enemy himself.
    Sanji learns too fight on the level of an RA Admiral.
    Chopper lands on "Medical Ohara"
    Robin works with the RA an Underground organization for information gathering.
    Franky the Engineer found Vegapunks Labor an Blueprints.

So half of the SH is getting their training in the best possible environment.
    Back what I said in my previous post. If SH still can be compared with the SN in the New World, than it only means the SHs are stupid like hell.
    The Secret of the D.
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Quote Originally Posted by terrorei View Post
    If you don't get it I will help you to understand why SH lost on SA. Its a joke to call it fight at all, since they lost to Kumas and Kizarus teleport abilitys. Logically speaking the SH should the next battle even if Luffy learned Haki and to predict how the enemy move, since even if he can follow the "teleport speed" he can't fight against Kizaru and Kuma at once, if they split up and attack his crew one by one.
    But I get the feeling its senseless to explain it to you since it appears you would be happy to see a "Getsuga Bleach" like Luffy who can split the earth in 2 if he likes to.
    WTH are you talking about!?
    Where in my post do you see that I want a Getsuga Bleach like Luffy!?!

All I said is that Kuma was an ally of Luffy and send them to those islands because he knew that Luffy needed to train otherwise he wouldn't be able to survive in the New World...

And if you look at the rest of my post (that you didn't quote), I actually say :
    "I think that, with this power-up, they will be able to take out the weak of New World, but will still have to struggle against the strong, which is a good balance."

I don't want Luffy to be able to split the sky in two...
    On the opposite, I want him to be able to beat the weakling easily, but to struggle against the strong ones...
    Just like they were doing in the Grand Line.

Learn to read before attacking people...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; September 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6